TPE about 1ere S

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
kekette6
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

TPE about 1ere S

by kekette6 » 12/12/06, 09:39

Hello !

I am in first year S and we have chosen as the subject of TPE "Automobile pollution and its repercussions".

We are therefore looking for one or more simple experiments to illustrate global warming due to the emission of gases such as CO2 or ozone.

Thank you for your answers !

Kevin & Constance
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Subject of TPE 1ere S

by Woodcutter » 12/12/06, 11:14

kekette6 wrote:Hello !

I am in first year S and we have chosen as the subject of TPE "Automobile pollution and its repercussions".

We are therefore looking for one or more simple experiments to illustrate global warming due to the emission of gases such as CO2 or ozone.

Thank you for your answers !

Kevin & Constance
Very trendy this subject ...

Just before starting your TPE, you should review a minimum of basic knowledge.

First thing, ozone is not a greenhouse gas (there are 6 direct greenhouse gases and 4 indirect greenhouse gases, O3 is not one of them), and secondly it is not. "issued"by cars with which it has only an indirect relationship, unlike CO2.

Link to a document on the site

PS: when you sign in pairs, it is better to express yourself in the first person plural ...

EDIT: modification of the link too long
Last edited by Woodcutter the 12 / 12 / 06, 14: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/06, 11:52

For your "simple" experiment ... it would be necessary to simulate the greenhouse effect, for example that resulting from CO2 (ozone does not participate in the greenhouse effect directly and therefore more difficult to experiment with ozone). ..

To do this, you "just need" a thermograph, a liter of gasoline or a few pieces of coal, a device (in glass if possible but transparent in all cases) making it possible to isolate the combustion gas (in starting from a CO2 bottle it would be even simpler) ....

Take a photograph of a hot spring through this device with the thermograph, put CO2 and take the same photo ... The results will be "interesting" and very instructive!

Otherwise without a thermograph you need a thermometer and a hot source that would simulate the sun to heat the device and show that the temperature rises bcp faster with CO2 than without ...
0 x