A building in Sweden warmed to human warmth

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A building in Sweden warmed to human warmth

by Targol » 09/01/08, 16:58

a little comeback just to present this to you:

STOCKHOLM (AFP) - The heat generated by the thousands of people passing through Stockholm central station every day will be used to partially heat a new building nearby, project officials said on Wednesday.

"So many people are passing through the central station (...) we want to harvest some of the heat they produce to help heat the new building," Karl Sundholm of property management company Jernhuset told AFP. .

About 250.000 people pass through the station every day.

"Everyone produces heat (...) Instead of opening the windows and letting that heat escape we want to capture it through the ventilation system," said Sundholm.

The heat given off by humans will be used to heat water which will then be routed to the new building which will house offices, a small hotel and shops. Its construction should be completed in early 2010.

"This is old technology but used in a new way. It's just pipes, water and pumps, but to our knowledge no one has used this technology in this way yet." , he continued, specifying that the system should reduce heating costs by up to 20%.

The installation of this system should not be complicated and the installation of pipes and pumps should amount to around 200.000 Swedish crowns (21.200 euros), he said.

"For a large building that is expected to cost several hundred million crowns, that's not much," Sundholm said.

source: Yahoo news

PS: Happy New Year everyone ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/08, 17:39

Little come back? Did you leave us? : Cry: It's true that we saw you less but I didn't think it was a break ...

For your news: after peeing cows in Germany, here is the recovery of Swedish sweat ... To choose I prefer the 2nd solution ... : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 01 / 08, 18: 08, 1 edited once.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 09/01/08, 18:03

Christophe wrote:Little come back? Did you leave us? : Cry:
Well no...
Christophe wrote:It's true that we saw you less
Yes...
Christophe wrote:but I didn't think it was a break ...
Well no...

: Lol:

Let's say that for the past few months, I haven't been very present here : Oops:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/08, 18:09

Targol wrote:Let's say that for the past few months, I haven't been very present here : Oops:

Well yes indeed!

In this regard I just sent you a PM :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/08, 13:30

It just happened on the news from FR2 around 13:25 p.m.

If Loxo or / or Jean see this message ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 16/01/08, 19:06

In fact I have the impression that it is a mega heat pump coupled with a big big double flow VMC.

By renewing the air in the station, there is recovery of the calories rejected by people in transit in the station and heating of the water.

Like what, there is energy to recover everywhere.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/08, 19:17

Yes I think the same although a double VMC would be enough not even need of PAC ...

Given the price (€ 20 according to the report!) I am not sure that there is a PAC knowing that € 000 is the price of an AIR-AIR PAC for individuals ... see:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/remplaceme ... t4651.html

Here you have seen (on the report) the size of the NUTS and the bolts of the exchanger? Anyone know why they are so "fat"? Dilation?
0 x
Pierre-Yves
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pierre-Yves » 03/02/08, 20:16

I have not seen the report, but I think it is an air / water heat pump, which I would like to have the characteristics. The COP must be high and fairly constant.
0 x
optimization, energy savings
http://www.avel-vor.fr

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."