Inverter and boiler Okofen pellets

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
yann16
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yann16 » 20/11/09, 18:28

Thank you to everyone, as well as to Okofen for sharing around ...

Okofen reminded me this week to clarify what was said previously, and to clarify, in case, the maximum power consumption of the boiler (for a 25kw screw with 3m end screw): 450 watts max ... (in ignition phase ..)

The intention is more to "clipped" the signal in the event of a power surge and to eliminate micro cuts ...

I thank the responsiveness of this forum and Okofen (which I have always considered a very good brand, as well as the performance of their technician !!! ...).

However, I would like to conclude, and close this chapter, that it has been made clear to me that automation was expensive (1000/12000 euros) and that the protege was better ......... ....................................

Thanks to all!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 22/11/09, 11:46

OKAY. Mass is said by Okofen (it's Sunday!). It is "recommended" to protect but not to question the guarantee by the head office.

For those interested, the nominal powers that I had promised:
burner screw motor: 40 W
combustion air fan: 83 W
Suction draft fan: 32 W
Electric ignition: 250 W
Automatic cleaning system motor: 40 W
Fire-fighting lock motor: 8 W

Suction turbine (suction model): 1200 W

Silo extraction drive: 250/340 W
0 x
Reynald84
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Okofen pellet inverter and boiler

by Reynald84 » 21/02/21, 13:39

Hello,

I am new and so I introduce myself. I am in the orne and I have an Okofen Pelletronic 25kw boiler with a 3,4 T canvas silo which is fed by suction.

For some time, I have very often error messages at the same time as it triggers the suction in a discontinuous way. This happens exclusively during the midday period (11 a.m. - 14 p.m.).

Example of error messages observed:
Screenshot_20210131-152440_myPelletronic ~ 2.jpg
Screenshot_20210131-152440_myPelletronic ~ 2.jpg (313.97 KiB) Viewed 2688 times

Have you ever had this type of error message?

I contacted my heating engineer who questioned Okofen afterwards. The latter immediately identified that it was an electrical undervoltage problem.

Since then, I have regularly checked the electrical voltage from the boiler circuit breaker. So I frequently observed a voltage of 204 V with a minimum of 198 V, during lunchtime. While the rest of the time I measure between 215 V and 220 V.

Have you ever encountered this sensitivity of the boiler to electrical undervoltage?

I am therefore considering installing a voltage regulator (AVR) or an inverter to protect my boiler. But I am not an expert in the field!

Knowing that the boiler suction turbine is advertised at 1400W, do you have a voltage regulator (AVR) or an inverter to advise me?
The connection values ​​for my boiler are: 230VAC, 50Hz, 16A.

Thank you in advance for your help.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/02/21, 18:44

There, I am not very competent. But indeed, starting the suction is "greedy" - it must be a story of the engine starting; there is then during a short period, a very high intensity (it is one of the problems of the generators, for which it is necessary to envisage a consequent margin with the engines - a history of cosphi or inductive energy). I'm afraid it's the same for an inverter which should have a circuit breaker ????
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/02/21, 19:25

Reynald84 wrote: I regularly checked the electrical voltage from the boiler circuit breaker. So I frequently observed a voltage of 204 V with a minimum of 198 V, during lunchtime. While the rest of the time I measure between 215 V and 220 V.
Hello,
If this voltage is also measured at the main circuit breaker of the electrical installation, it is a network problem, it must be reported to the electricity supplier.

If the drop in voltage only appears from the boiler circuit breaker, check the condition of the power cable connections.
If they are good, pass a temporary cable between the switchboard and this circuit breaker. The cable may be too weak or damaged.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/02/21, 19:26

Reynald84 wrote:Since then, I have regularly checked the electrical voltage from the boiler circuit breaker. So I frequently observed a voltage of 204 V with a minimum of 198 V, during lunchtime. While the rest of the time I measure between 215 V and 220 V.

Quite surprising anyway ...

Three questions just in case:

- are these 204V or even 198V also measured at the head of the electrical panel?
- do you have a day-night rate (which in some cases depends on Enedis, switches to "off-peak hours" around two hours in the middle of the day)
- Are you at the "end" of the power line?

Edit: post crossed with that of Izentrop
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/02/21, 19:57

For information, I had after one or two years, a problem of disjunction occasionally at the time of the launch of the suction. Checks made, finally wanting to check, I accidentally came across the fact that it was a cable that had not been properly tightened in a terminal block on the boiler board. A twist of the screwdriver and the case has been settled (for ten years now).
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 21/02/21, 19:59

Did67 wrote:For information, I had after one or two years, a problem of disjunction after launching the suction. Checks made, it was a cable that had not been properly tightened in a terminal block on the boiler board. A twist of the screwdriver and the case has been settled (for about ten years now).

So that's the great classic ... wire not tight enough or spindle a little too loose, vibrations, micro-cuts, running juice, with sometimes (often) progressive destruction of the electronics behind which can not follow (Thermostat or other).
0 x
Reynald84
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Reynald84 » 21/02/21, 22:23

izentrop wrote:Hello,
If this voltage is also measured at the main circuit breaker of the electrical installation, it is a network problem, it must be reported to the electricity supplier.

If the drop in voltage only appears from the boiler circuit breaker, check the condition of the power cable connections.
If they are good, pass a temporary cable between the switchboard and this circuit breaker. The cable may be too weak or damaged.

Each time I measured the voltages of the main circuit breaker and the boiler circuit breaker which always gave me identical values. I have contacted Enedis, but I have not yet received a response.

sicetaitsimple wrote:Quite surprising anyway ...

Three questions just in case:

- are these 204V or even 198V also measured at the head of the electrical panel?
- do you have a day-night rate (which in some cases depends on Enedis, switches to "off-peak hours" around two hours in the middle of the day)
- Are you at the "end" of the power line?

Edit: post crossed with that of Izentrop

To answer the 3 respective questions:
- Yes, I measured the same voltage values ​​at the main circuit breaker
- No, I'm on the base rate.
- I live in Alencon. It is a small prefecture of about twenty thousand inhabitants. So I am not at the end of the power line.

Did67 wrote:For information, I had after one or two years, a problem of disjunction occasionally at the time of the launch of the suction. Checks made, finally wanting to check, I accidentally came across the fact that it was a cable that had not been properly tightened in a terminal block on the boiler board. A twist of the screwdriver and the case has been settled (for ten years now).

The suction is programmed every evening at 20 p.m. and it still works very well. It is the triggering, randomly between 11h and 14h, of the discontinuous suction which is accompanied by error messages which is not normal. And the regular low electrical voltage at the same time corroborates.

While waiting for a response from Enedis, a voltage regulator could allow me to confirm that the origin of the problem is indeed an electrical undervoltage in the network?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/02/21, 23:04

Reynald84 wrote:While waiting for a response from Enedis, ......

No, if this undervoltage, measured at the head of the switchboard, is repetitive over a certain time slot, regardless of the on / off of the boiler or its auxiliaries, it is necessary to insist that they come and take measurements.
All the more so if you are not (according to your answers) in a specific situation which could provide the beginning of an explanation.
1 x