Inverter and boiler Okofen pellets

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Did67

Re: Okofen pellet inverter and boiler

by Did67 » 18/11/09, 15:32

Alain G wrote:
Surely they have a problem with their electronics and their solution is the best bullshit I have heard so far.
:|

No, I don't think there is a problem. Suaf a commercial who ???? I do not know !

Like Dirk, I urge you to call Okofen France headquarters to clarify this. Let them settle their accounts with each other.

Like Alain G, I think there is also no legal basis ...

I have well-skimmed all forums before deciding on Okofen at the end of 2007. I know Okofen quite well in Alsace. Never heard the shadow of a speech like this! Yet rumors, there are times ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/11/09, 15:36

yann16 wrote:So to summarize, needless to fall an inverter according to the amperage of its output, but only its power must be logical with what will be consumed ....? ... I fool?

:| : Cry:

Yes because you did not understand what I explained.
According to the relation P = U x I, the output intensity and the power are directly related.
The output amperage as you say (amperage is not French but English) and therefore fatally dependent on the power of the inverter.

But what we still lack to answer you is the maximum power absorbed by the boiler.
And like I said, just because it's plugged into a 10A line doesn't mean it consumes 2300W
0 x
yann16
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by yann16 » 18/11/09, 16:51

I contacted Okofen, (tel. taken from their site) ... They will contact my regional representative, and see with him, if there is a UPS in place or not. They do not impose the inverter, but, I was told again that if in the event of a possible electrical problem (EDF overvoltage ...), the PLC was damaged, it would not take over the guarantee. Therefore it strongly advises me to install at least one system to clip the EDF current .... (???)

If necessary, they will advise me on an inverter (something that had not been offered to me previously ....)

Regarding the power of the boiler, okofen has always told me about its daily consumption ....
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 18/11/09, 17:03

Hello Yann!

I manufacture control panels with automatons inside, if the fuse or the protection is adequate, there is no reason for your automaton to blow.

I repeat it's rubbish their thing!
: Evil:

Or else they incorporated the card fuse with the other stuff, which forces them to put a stronger protection, in this case it is a bad design. 8)
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Did67

by Did67 » 19/11/09, 09:48

1) I am surprised by this answer ... which I continue to find inadmissible. On the one hand, EdF, finally REF, must supply a current with characteristics: voltage, frequency ...

On the other hand, device manufacturers must provide a device that "accepts" tolerable variations in power ...

Then of two things one: where the current which was delivered to you does not conform, and it is REF of France; or the current is consistent, and that's Okofen ... The difficulty: no one registers the tensions, so no proof!

2) That said, if all the suppliers of electrical appliances answered that they have to cover themselves with an inverter, where would we go!

I think we need to make a buzz on the internet, UFC What to choose, etc ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/11/09, 09:57

That being said, the powers for those who are interested (the question of "gray" electrical energy being often asked "):

Results of testing by the BLT Wieselburg of PE16 (a little old; in principle, consumption has been decreasing since because this criterion serves as a marketing argument):

- boiler at nominal power ("full", therefore): 93 W
- boiler at the lowest power: 32 W
- boiler not waiting: 9,8 W
- Ignition phase: 392 W

- suction motor: 27 W
- screw motor: 49 or 84 W (rare technical terms used - I have doubts about the nature of the screw: silo extraction - so take it with tweezers for now; I am looking into the matter); I am surprised given the size of the engine at the end of my silo extraction screw)
- ventilation: 62 W
- cleaning motor: 39 W

To my knowledge, during vacuuming / cleaning, the boiler stops. The maximum power should therefore either be that in the ignition phase (400 W), or the sum of the powers "suction + extraction screw + cleaning"

It seems to me that these measured powers are much lower than the nominal powers given at the end of one of the instructions. I would come back to that ...
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 19/11/09, 13:22

interesting, your power values, did67.
it lacks the power of the pneumatic transport turbine which in my opinion is in the 1000W

as for the okofen guarantee, it's blank. if a card burns out during the warranty, they will have to change it.

since they will never be able to prove that it was the network which was defective (if necessary)

there is indeed a need to make a buzz about it but I doubt that they will really make difficulties in the event of a problem.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 19/11/09, 14:26

1) I will come back to the subject; I have to translate some technical terms; I did not understand everything in the report of the test by the BLT of Wieselburg.

2) Indeed, the suction models require, according to the Okofen brochure, a power supply at 10 A and those with direct screw supply only 6 A. So 4 A difference, so around 1 W. I think my motor longing for a label, but I'm too lazy to dismantle the whole body ...
0 x
ÖkoFEN
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by ÖkoFEN » 20/11/09, 16:18

Hello,

Interested by a user on the existence of this thread, I allow myself to provide the following information:

- There is no particular recommendation from ÖkoFEN asking to put an inverter upstream of our boilers. The automaton of our boilers is a well-protected industrial automaton which easily accepts tolerable voltage variations coming from the EDF network.

- the inverter is not a condition for applying the warranty, it never has been.

Several thousand ÖkoFEN boilers operate in rural areas where the EDF current does not have the stability of an urban area, and this without any particular problem for boilers.

Regarding lightning, there is nothing to say that an inverter can effectively protect the electrical devices in your home, unless you install a particularly pointed device, much more sophisticated than a simple inverter.

So, Yann16, nothing obliges you to install an inverter upstream of your boiler.

However, if you want to install an inverter, we can specify the characteristics depending on what you want as protection. In this case, we invite you to contact us again.

Hoping to have clarified the debate.

For ÖkoFEN
Emmanuel LISZE
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 20/11/09, 17:33

ÖkoFEN wrote:Hello,

Interested by a user on the existence of this thread, I allow myself to provide the following information:

- There is no particular recommendation from ÖkoFEN asking to put an inverter upstream of our boilers. The automaton of our boilers is a well-protected industrial automaton which easily accepts tolerable voltage variations coming from the EDF network.

- the inverter is not a condition for applying the warranty, it never has been.

Several thousand ÖkoFEN boilers operate in rural areas where the EDF current does not have the stability of an urban area, and this without any particular problem for boilers.

Regarding lightning, there is nothing to say that an inverter can effectively protect the electrical devices in your home, unless you install a particularly pointed device, much more sophisticated than a simple inverter.

So, Yann16, nothing obliges you to install an inverter upstream of your boiler.

However, if you want to install an inverter, we can specify the characteristics depending on what you want as protection. In this case, we invite you to contact us again.

Hoping to have clarified the debate.

For ÖkoFEN
Emmanuel LISZE

M. Lisze Welcome to econology!

Thank you for contributing to this forum and to clarify your product which I believe to be of high quality.

Providing you with the answer to this little blunder from one of your distributors who, in my personal opinion, needs to be corrected at the source, while hoping that you will correct the situation to maintain the good reputation of your excellent products.

Again Thank you for taking the time to put things back in their places for the good of your Company!

Yours truly!

Alain
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain