Wireless temperature logger

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Wireless temperature logger

by cortejuan » 30/01/14, 16:28

Hello,

I don't know if you can promote a product on the forum. If not, you will delete it.

I have been looking for a long time for a long-range temperature recorder to record temperatures over several days at home, outside and in my greenhouses. All the products in question were more or less pro and very expensive. I just found one that I have been using for about two months. It is manufactured by AREXX and costs around 83 euros with a central detection unit and two sensors with a range of 50 meters.

The doc is very succinct and rather poorly made as incomplete, you have to go on the web to find the info but, the detecting station has an internal memory of 2 MB (if I'm not mistaken). So you can record for 110 days with a single sensor and 10 days with 10 sensors.

The strong points are

- the possibility of connecting and disconnecting the sensors without any reset of the control unit; a new sensor (up to 5O it seems)? We put the batteries and he is immediately seen.

- the temperatures are recorded independently. As soon as the USB cable of the station is connected to the computer, the flash memory becomes empty and is saved in an ASCII file on the computer. The USB cable is then disconnected and the next connection the file is completed. The latter therefore contains the data of all the probes.

- the accuracy is 0.5 degrees which is sufficient.

- the existence of high range sensors (90 meters) and remote sensor sensors.

- the existence of humidity sensors

- the files being ASCII we can resume them with a spreadsheet of the openoffice type or other.

- a simple but functional curve visualization software is provided

- although operating on battery, a jack connector is provided to supply the central unit with an external power supply (which I do).

The weak spots :

- the plastic material used which really junk,
- the non-watertightness of the sensors which means that they must be installed in a waterproof box if they are outside.
- the price of the sensors which is around 25 to 30 euros.

So a great product that gives lots of information on temperature changes over time.

cordially

L
0 x