Wind power generation without wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Wind power generation without wind turbine

by oli 80 » 18/03/10, 20:11

good evening this is what i found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ0v-CK63-4 this system would generate electricity using a rubber band

I don't know if this system has already been mentioned on forums, otherwise sorry to do it again
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/03/10, 20:17

Fun, but far from the megawatt : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

amusing

by dedeleco » 19/03/10, 00:48

But if, in a great storm, with a few hectares of vibrating plates shaking their magnets like trees under the force of the whirlwinds of the wind, we could draw a megawatt for sure !!!
This enlarged system works with waves or any eddies as well, in resonance with these eddies.
We can also take trees shaken by the wind which move magnets to make current !!!
The wind turbines could no longer refuse !!
To dig, etc .....
Original given the simplicity which compensates for the non-optimized performance!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 19/03/10, 04:01

Dedeleco

This system has already been presented on the forum!

By cons you bring the trees that move in the wind and for a long time now since I have trees 15 meters around the house which makes it almost impossible for me to install a wind turbine without a very mat high, I had thought of tying ropes on several treetops to recover the energy of their movements!
Where I am I hear the roar of the wind and see the effect on the trees while being protected by them!

It would be nice to find a way to create energy without staring at the landscape!

Seriously imagine the breezes that make these large trees oscillate by 1 meters attached by simple invisible fishing lines and several small generators of some watts to form 10 or 20 kilowatts!

Well it's just a dream!

But it could easily work! "
:D
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Easy to try and original and eco

by dedeleco » 19/03/10, 14:02

I hope these beautiful trees are not too close to the house so as not to fall on them in the event of a storm!
During the storm in late 1999, I fiat experienced an armada of trees falling to the bottom of the garden with none falling on the house by miraculous luck !!
Also, I am careful not to have too tall and big trees near the house!
Otherwise, we must be able to recover this energy which agitates the trees, with cables, pulleys which rotate a motor wheel which generates intermittent electricity which charges a battery.
In my opinion it must be easy to have a prototype on a tree to see how it works. A rope attached to the top of the tree which makes a loop passing over a pulley with a dynamo stretched with spring to prevent slipping of the rope.
We can try a model with a small tree and a cheap lamp dynamo that recharges to see the difficulties without spending anything too much. After with a larger dynamo as a fan or car alternator that does not cost anything for scrap, we can increase the power to 100Watts.
You can use an old bicycle with a rope that pulls on the chain to rotate an alternator attached to the freewheel.
The problem is the same as for waves, to transform very variable reciprocating movements into energy.
On the internet and patents, there is an armada of solutions!
In my case there is only significant wind during storms and I am only there in calm weather in my second home.
To pass a rope at the top of a tree, there is no need to climb it, I have already threaded ropes carried at the end of a pole (battens butt to ends of 8m in total), to straighten 20m trees or cut down with precision if partially uprooted.
In my opinion it must work with a yield like that of a wind turbine, since the tree has much more catch in the wind. It works all the better as the wind is turbulent to shake the tree! It is a condition opposite to a wind turbine which works all the less as the wind is turbulent, because the lift on the blades decreases with vortices !!
A priori it is very interesting and patentable once developed a little.
Above all, nothing changes the landscape or the noise.
And we can put them everywhere by the sea or at the top of the hills without disturbing anyone !!!
You are well placed and must try.
0 x