Photos ökofen pellet boiler: installation and storage

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Did67

by Did67 » 15/11/08, 16:36

Pear Belle Helene wrote:Here we have ten meters, the truck stays on the small road during the filling which lasts 20 minutes, I found it long at the end of July when it came.

Didier is it as long as that for you filling?

Yes, even more. But it was 8 tonnes. And over 30 m, at my place.

Note: in general, the delivery person can vary the pressure with which he blows. The more it puts pressure, the faster it goes and the more the pellets burst on arrival, so the longer and the better!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/11/08, 16:42

tetene wrote:Thank you I look forward to it.

Anyway, I have to make a floor, whether it is inclined or not whatever.

Unlike Dirk Pitt, I highly recommend an inclined floor. It is not good to keep pellets for more than two years: they are so dry that they regain moisture and lose their quality.

It should reach 5/6 mm below the screw sampling slot; it must also stop a few mm (5 at the maximum) from the body of the screw, so as not to transmit vibrations. This space is then sealed with silicone. For all these reasons, it is almost essential to first fix the screw and build the floor "around", it is then very easy to call the distances indicated ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/11/08, 16:50

tetene wrote:@dirk pitt

Thank you for the info !
And what is the width of the screw?

Yes it will be with an angled screw.

Thank you

Lots of computer problems, which made me miss this forum and I still don't have a scanner! I do have an Okofen doc, with dimensions, but in relation to the screw. This seems insufficient to build the part in contact without having the screw. Especially since the cut is not straight, there are reinforcements on the screw. Take a good look at the photos above. By cons, you can completely build all sides ...

On the Alsace Region's EnergieVie site, you can download a brochure in pdf format, with lots of advice ... I didn't follow it to the letter but was inspired by it ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/11/08, 16:53

dirk pitt wrote:what is more painful to do is crossing the bulkhead of the screw because it has to be both waterproof and solid.

In chipboard, I had no problem, especially since Okofen provides a slightly compressible "sleeve" which does not transmit noise. For my part, I used a kind of flexible and fairly resistant polystyrene. I cut the chipboard with the suateuse sice and I "pressed" it ... Basta ...

It can be seen in the photo on which you see me: the V-shaped piece, rounded at the end above the screw and a small blue strip ... It is this piece of plastic to make waterproof without direct contcat so as not to transmit the noises...
0 x
teat
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by teat » 15/11/08, 17:26

Thanks Did67

I want the doc with the ratings. It is not to build the silo without the screw but to be able to draw the plans. I know I am very sick, but I always need to make precise plans when I tinker! It's like that !

Thank you to all
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 10/03/09, 15:08

Hello,

I resume this old conversation that I have just discovered.

The installation is on the way, I had built my silo, the floor inclined at 40 ° has 5 mm of play filled with silicone, on the other hand, it comes just at the level of the lights of the screw ...
Screw calculated and delivered a little short in my opinion, it ends at 1m from the end of the silo, the inclined triangle section of the end has an inclination of only 25/30 ° only.
In photo 1, the engine is horizontal, at my place, the installer has just put it vertical and it can move a little (slight rotation) is this normal?
Goods.
Kind regards.

JC
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 10/03/09, 15:27

manet42 wrote:
Screw calculated and delivered a little short in my opinion, it ends at 1m from the end of the silo, the inclined triangle section of the end has an inclination of only 25/30 ° only.

In photo 1, the engine is horizontal, at my place, the installer has just put it vertical and it can move a little (slight rotation) is this normal?

JC

Congratulations first !!!

1) The inclined plane: in my opinion, this is not a problem; I have the same configuration, with part of the V, too long, which does not lead to the screw; the screws, it is in pieces of about 1 m I believe; therefore effectively, impossible to fall straight on the length of the silo if it is suitable for the premises; in my mind, I even found that it was, in retrospect, a very good idea: it is a "reserve of pellets" - of course you have to enter the silo with a shovel, but suddenly you don't never runs out of pellets; on the other hand, this part must be emptied once every two years: it is not recommended to keep the pellets for more than two years because, like cornflakes, they "soften" (they take moisture from the air) ...

2) You're right, it's me that the engine is not in the right position; I saw a doc later, on which the engine is shown in a vertical position; I think it doesn't matter, so I left! He moves a bit: normal too. It's the same with me.
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 10/03/09, 21:41

Alsace-Lorraine, we are neighbors ....
I had looked, it is true there is a square under the engine which let me believe that in horizontal position that served to maintain it.
On the Okofen site we see it vertical ... The installer must find me ch ....
Thanks again.
From the delivery of the pellets (15d / 3s.) Test of the beast with the technician ... and questions on the regulation, I reread the forum..
Kind regards.

JC
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/03/09, 08:31

manet42 wrote:Alsace-Lorraine, we are neighbors ....
I had looked, it is true there is a square under the engine which let me believe that in horizontal position that served to maintain it.
On the Okofen site we see it vertical.
JC

Totally agree. It is misleading. With my installer, otherwise perfect, we held this reasoning and installed it horizontally ... It was after that I saw the Okofen doc with the vertical motor!

For the adjustment, there is a classic part, quite easy: slope, base of curve ...

After, the question of the rhythm of operation, it can get tough if we are a little perfectionist ... But on the corresponding thread, you saw that we are in contact with Okofen France, that helps those who have big difficulties. Toyt seems to indicate that Okofen sticks to its serious brand image!
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 11/03/09, 09:23

here are some pictures, concrete silo:
door and against door:
Making the support brackets, this is the prototype, the others are better welded in angle brackets of 30:

other photos will follow.

JC
0 x