How to set a Windmaster for 600 black?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
coccigro
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by coccigro » 06/03/13, 22:21

Hello,

So here is the synthesis of what I have learned and done since I started on this forum.
First, I have a black 600 on a mat of 6m50 (which I plan to enhance). I have a BR3 brake module that acts as security and a windmaster 500 with its software.
I have an average annual wind of 5,6 m / s and I am exposed to turbulence.
I have neither batteries nor resale to EDF, and I use directly the current produced in the network of the house.

I wanted to enter a curve in my inverter that allows me to maximize my wind turbine according to my disadvantaged site. This curve is to tell the inverter that depending on the voltage it receives from the wind turbine, it must take so many amperes.
If it takes too much, (curve too steep) it brakes the wind turbine, if it does not take enough, I do not value all the production.

To make my curve, I started by measuring volts and amps at the input of my inverter. The difficulty was to have a precise measurement because these values ​​change very quickly.
So I got a first curve too steep, which I reviewed little by little by observing my wind turbine and comparing the incoming and outgoing amps of the inverter.

Here is the curve that I finally stopped.

25V - 0A
30V - 0,3A
55V - 0,7A
70V - 2A
85V - 6,4A
(we represent each other better on a graph)
I would like to be able to add an extra point.

It starts at 25V, knowing that the inverter starts at 28V.
I put a point from the beginning at 30V so that the production starts immediately and uses the weakest winds as much as possible.
The end of the curve is very steep with a point to 85V, in order to brake the wind turbine at this voltage, because the BR3 makes it safe from 90-95V. (security = 4 or 5 minutes off while the wind is blowing hard.)
In spite of everything, my production remains derisory; 1 to 3 Kw / h per month. This fact does not come from the technique but the potential wind on my site. No magic, little wind = little power.
I maintain that the small wind is a system that works as long as we have the wind resource.
As far as I'm concerned, I can do my installation for 2000 €. I dreamed of having a wind turbine, and producing a usable current. On the technical side, I am satisfied.

good night.
0 x
Christ0607
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Christ0607 » 13/03/13, 11:39

Hello,
I am new to this forum, and I have just re-read the whole subject.

I own this wind turbine: http://www.futurenergy.co.uk/turbine.html

In 48 v version and on 2 windmaster inverters.

So I'd like to focus on that curve as well, and see if there's a way to improve performance a little bit.

At the moment I just put an energy meter to see the production, but that's only 4 day.

Could you tell me the cable to use to connect the pc to the inverter? (I am not taking rs232.

Do the inverters have a "small memory" or must we leave the pc constantly connected to see the production?

And finally for the last question, for my installation, the 2 inverters must they be parametered in the same way? Would not it be more interesting to enlarge the curve by starting the 2 eme inverters at a certain level?

Thank you all for your very interesting post
0 x
Ruthenian
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Ruthenian » 14/03/13, 22:03

if you do not have rs232 port, you need to buy an RS232 - USB converter. Of course, I hope you have the RS232-RS285 converter that comes with the windmaster.
The windmaster has a built-in counter that you can not reset. It counts of 10 Watts in 10 watts
For the future energy, it seems to me that the owners do not configure the two inverters in the same way.

Coccigro: I tested your settings. The wind turbine makes much more noise with these. This is normal because the blades turn much faster.
0 x
Christ0607
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Christ0607 » 15/03/13, 10:29

Hello and thank you for your answer.

No I do not have the converter delivered with the UPS, will have to find one.

For the usb converter, from what I read some of works with the inverter? Which one to take?

You would have a link or other for the settings with the future energy of times?

Thank you
0 x
coccigro
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by coccigro » 18/03/13, 21:35

Good evening,
I think we can set the two windmasters differently so that the second starts shooting later, either to enter the two curves but that would be half the capacity of the wind turbine. normally, both inverters should still start at the same time since they start at 25V.

I see what I have as a cord.

ruthene, indeed, it happens that my windmill bursts a little at low speed. there would probably be a new way to go. but I can not be both near the wind turbine and the inverter at the same time and the noise can not be heard from the house. I regret not being able to add a point on my curve. I will try to go from 0,3 to 0,4A to 30V.

good night
0 x
Skylee
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

mastervolt under android

by Skylee » 18/06/13, 11:53

hello to all the team knew you if there is a software compatible Soladin for a tablet under android, it is easier to move more manageable
thank you all
cordially
see you soon
0 x
coccigro
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by coccigro » 24/06/13, 21:02

Good evening,
Sorry, I do not know android yet, but it may be happening, so I'm interested too.
after a few months of observation, I lowered my first two values ​​in amps from 0,3 to 0,2 and from 0,7 to 0,6. the wind was a little hard to accelerate with my very weak winds.
I do not rule out another curve as it was my first idea. but the weather changes so quickly.
I also think to raise my mast two meters (it is telescopic) to escape a little turbulence due to the house and gain some stability.
good night.
0 x
Ruthenian
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Ruthenian » 26/06/13, 22:33

Coccigro, ca gave anything like producing with your values?
I ask you this because I think your curve is not consistent with the cubic Evolution wind.
0 x
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: How to configure a windmaster for a black 600?

by FRANCK (49) » 18/01/20, 00:38

hello everyone I just found my username and password since 2006 it's been a long time since I had set foot here!
good since mid december 2019 i have recovered a hy600 wind turbine with all the install controller br3 (hs) windmaster soladin500, its mast and fixing!
free.
I bought a controller and quickly realized as much as bah it produces very little
it only worked during very high winds or even storms!
so I found a cable and reprogrammed with a better curve.
Originally the soladin was stock 40,40,40,40 this explains the why and also that the installers are incompetent!
Good too happy yesterday it blew a lot, I could see my linky counter at ZERO for several minutes which is very gratifying
on the other hand this morning I noticed that I had an excessive consumption (on the counter linky 60va more than my basic consumption) while the propeller was turning a little which was even more surprising that the soladin was flashing and that I did 0.25A have ac output from the soladin?
well I think these .25A is 57w that everyone is talking about is the conso du soladin! which corresponds exactly to my consumption on the counter!
as it is an amperometric clamp it picks up in both directions
for me we do not produce in this start-up phase it is the soladin which consumes .025A to operate (to synchronize with the network)
as soon as the propeller takes a little turn the production switches in addition.
so I reprogrammed with a fairly steep curve so that the propeller does not remain to rotate at low speed and consume (because in start-up phase)
as soon as the soladin snaps the amps are requested and the propeller is braked and the soladins cut
so only if the wind is strong enough and constant production is positive
I don't know if you follow me!
check well when your soladins start if your .25A is 57w is found in real on your meter otherwise you lose money by little wind
I think to make a system which would authorize the operation only by strong enough wind to thus produce and not the reverse 8)

I am interested if you have advice :D
2 x
everything is polluted, everything is possible to decontaminate
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: How to configure a windmaster for a black 600?

by A.D. 44 » 18/01/20, 02:11

Hello,

Your findings are very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Personally I follow you very well in your explanations.

Do not hesitate to share other feedback ...

Can you say more about the installation and especially the site (exhibition, urban or rural environment, height ... Etc)

If you do not wish to disclose all of this publicly, you can also respond privately (I'm interested ...)

Once again, thank you for this message full of practical information (and not just theoretical ...).
0 x