Study feasibility of wind turbine 2kW home?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind power feasibility study of 2kW at home?

by Forhorse » 07/03/16, 19:52

a silent-bloc is just 2 screw embedded in a mass of rubber, in general it is very resistant to tearing (it is not done to work in this direction)
I too would be scared ...
0 x
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 07/03/16, 21:11

No it is not two screws embedded in rubber!
silentuniv435-z.jpg

Why would it be less solid than a simple bolt?
0 x
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 07/03/16, 21:18

Description
Functioning
o Reinforcement: cylindrical plates.
o Natural rubber adhered, cylindrical shape.
o Welded fastening: 5 possibilities (single-sided nut, single-sided screw, screw + nut, screw + screw, nut +
nut).
In Europe, we often use screws and bolts different from the French standard.
To better respond to this diversity, Paulstra has created a new Radiaflex Europe range.
This range is available in the usual 4 versions and in one version: the threaded stop.
The SE 111 pad design gives it the following fundamental properties:
o Radial elasticity greater than its axial elasticity.
o Rubber work:
- in compression (axial),
- in shear (radial),
- or in compression-shear following assembly.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/03/16, 21:21

because a bolt is a single piece of scrap: your silent block is rubber adhered to the iron piece: it has a somewhat limited resistance much lower than the strength of the screw
0 x
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 07/03/16, 21:29

Yes I just saw it reading the doc until the end so much for me.
I will call Paulstra to get their opinion.
They announce 70 daN of maximum load in shear.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 07/03/16, 22:37

except that there your silent-bloc they will not work that in shear, they will also work in traction (especially in case of very strong wind and thus precisely when the efforts will be the most important) and that it is out of specification.
I already have a vague idea of ​​the answer that will make you Paulstra: not planned for, they can not guarantee nothing and absolve themselves of any responsibility in case of accident. When you want to work safely with silent-blocks, there is always another way of fixing in case of breakage of the rubber pads: steel cable, chain, screed, etc ...
If you want silent-blocks that work in traction, you have to opt for another assembly (sandwich)
0 x
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 07/03/16, 22:49

Unfortunately you're right ...
I trusted my father on this one, I was convinced that a threaded rod was surrounded by rubber on this silent block. (hence my initial response to Chatelot's observation)
Do not you think there are antivibration dampers for shear, traction and compression?
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/03/16, 23:41

yes there is antivibration mounting with positive security: piece of iron limiting the displacement in case of breakage of the rubber, but it is not standard piece available as your silent block ... it is different engine bracket of different manufacturer automotive

in some cases we put the end of steel cable to limit the damage in case of rupture of silent block, but in your case of the cables will not serve much: if the rubber releases the cables will prevent the alternator from falling to the ground but will not prevent the blades from banging

if you really need a block to make a plate of a diameter one can bigger with 2 times more hole: a silent block on a hole on 2 and a bolt not tightened on the other hole ... hole too big for that the bolt never touches with the normal deformation of the rubber ... and if the rubber loose these extra bolts ensure the safety

but I do not believe at all the use of silent block on a wind turbine! it must turn naturally without vibration
0 x
whatever
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by whatever » 17/01/21, 14:42

I'll try my luck here you never know.

I am looking for documentation concerning the assembly of your wind turbine as well as its hybrid controller. The guy who sold it to me had a problem with the manual which is nibbled by small country rodents. In fact I especially need to know that it is the maximum admissible power in photovoltaic input.
0 x