Hydraulic energy: choose a small turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Saint Esteben
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

choose a small turbine

by Saint Esteben » 08/06/09, 17:06

Thank you Alain G

When I connect the alternator on a radiator, it does not affect, however, if I do not have the 50 Hz, the television turns off.

At the next, when the work will be finished, weather permitting. I'm afraid of calculating the flow of water, it's raining so much that these calculations may be too optimistic. We will redo the calculations at the end of the summer to make an average, because it's been more than fifty years since he did not have more! hoping we'll see some sun !!!
Hi everybody .
0 x
The earth is low
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/06/09, 17:14

Saint Esteben

For devices such as the TV it would be smart to charge batteries from the turbine with a charger which will not affect the cycles and used an inverter to protect them.

Good luck in your project!

See you soon!

Alain
:D
0 x
patou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by patou » 07/07/09, 16:55

Saint Esteben wrote:Image

Hello Patou and everyone, I add the photo of my black-headed turbine, and wanted to know if yours was similar? It is very noisy, but I have to put silinblocs to see if the noise decreases. By the way, is the banki turbine noisy? Thank you for your reply.

hello, here are the pictures of my black turbine.
not the black turbine is not noisy.
according to your photo of the entire turbine attachment,
I think we should recouler cement between fasteners
a block of concrete would prevent the vibrations from amplifying + see also the vibrations of the arrival pipe.
see you soon
patou

0 x
Saint Esteben
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

choose a small turbine

by Saint Esteben » 15/07/09, 17:21

Hello everybody.

This time, that's it! all the work is finished. Last week we went to spend a week in Brittany, Guérande, and about 60 kms, we visited a mill of beauty, Salmonière, Guiscriff, you can find it by typing Gites Guiscriff, St Eloi. A gorgeous mill, 11 rooms, fully heated by the creek stream, turbine banki, 11 drop meters, 150 l / second, but the owners only use 60 l / s water. The couple greeted us with great kindness, made us visit the turbine room. It's been eleven years since it runs from October to May, without any problem. We loved Brittany, it's as green as the Basque Country, from the point of view of rainfall, it's the same.

In the Basque Country, he set up an association, ibai.errekak@yahoo.fr , the purpose of which is to gather all the requests for a tax credit concerning hydroelectric energy, because the ademe refuses any file coming from an individual, and asked that all the files be regrouped into an association; we have therefore registered in this association, and will see if we can grapple some euros. We did the calculations and here is what comes out after 3 weeks of heat, without a drop of rain, and south wind:

160 l / s + 30 L / S for fish (in winter, more than 200 l / s)
3.60 meters of net drop.

Now, I'm sending a mail to the house that makes banki trubines for me to quote.

Thank you Patou for your answer, actually, it's the same turbine, but in view of the tests, mine consumes more than 160 l / s and provides me 1,6 kw! Little yield and as a bonus a lot of noise !!

See you soon.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... pGWmmY.jpg

0 x
The earth is low
jenviro2
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jenviro2 » 31/07/09, 11:01

I come across a subject that I was looking for a moment.

For info, I recently found a simulator SIMAHPP on the website hydroxpert.com (http://www.hydroxpert.com)

The tool calculates the power and gives an estimate of the investment cost, the appropriate turbine, the CO2, ...
0 x
moulino51
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moulino51 » 21/01/16, 18:35

Good evening everyone,

The vibrations of this Négri certainly come from a bad balancing of the propeller or an excessive game in the bearings.

Then the noises can also be transmitted by the alternator, it should be added silentblocs.

Why this choice of an alternator? it is much simpler to produce with an asynchronous generator coupled to the network.

A Négri propeller turbine will only work with good efficiency if it is used at the right speed under a constant drop height, this is the disadvantage of propeller turbines.

Sorry if these remarks have already been mentioned, I read the post diagonally. : Cheesy:

An excellent site on the small hydro

GS
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hydraulic energy: choose a small turbine

by oli 80 » 08/02/20, 14:59

Hello, here is a small turbine that works even on very small rivers

1 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 23/02/20, 11:47

Hello, here is an animation of the hydroelectric screw
1 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 23/02/20, 16:37

I did not think the performance of the screws as good : Wink:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gu ... urbine.pdf

or a manufacturer’s ad
https://documents.epfl.ch/groups/l/lc/l ... ulique.pdf
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 23/02/20, 19:05

it is indeed rather honorable as performance. What "saves" them, is that the water presses well on the propellers without too much bubbling / bubbling, in that it is a little closer to the wheels "above", except that the leaks can become annoying for the very low turbine flow rates with Archimedean screws.

These screws are suitable for small heights of fall and varied flow rates, they do not chop fish, it seems relevant for well-managed rivers or streams.
0 x