Hydraulic energy: choose a small turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Saint Esteben
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Saint Esteben » 07/04/09, 05:07

Hello Patou and everyone.

I find the performance of your turbine to be excellent, but can you tell me what the flow is? Because with so little fall, a lot of water is needed? In any case, I think your turbine is really the one with the best performance for low head. I had already read how to make the ossberg turbine, but you have to be more than a good handyman to do it. In any case, thank you for your answer, it makes me want to continue; now the biggest problem is this devil of tracto which does not arrive. I hope to see it arrive this weekend! Subsequently, I will do a serious study of the flow of my stream. Fear that one day I will come to see you in the Vosges, in case you are from passing through the Basque Country, I invite you to come to my place, there is always a piece of Bayonne ham lying around there, with a little Irouleguy (in moderation) and the doors are always open, especially for fans of the mills and econology!
0 x
The earth is low
Saint Esteben
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

choose a small turbine, energie renouverlable

by Saint Esteben » 11/04/09, 14:34

Hello Patou and all,

You tell me that the speed with 4 meters drop is 8,85 meters / second, does that mean that to get the best performance it is necessary that the wheel turns around 450 trs / minute? That's what I understood! Once again we have delayed the work, now it is because it is a terrible time. Happy Easter to everyone !!!!!!!!
JM
0 x
The earth is low
patou
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: choose a small turbine, renewable energy

by patou » 12/04/09, 21:04

Saint Esteben wrote:Hello Patou and all,

You tell me that the speed with 4 meters drop is 8,85 meters / second, does that mean that to get the best performance it is necessary that the wheel turns around 450 trs / minute? That's what I understood! Once again we have delayed the work, now it is because it is a terrible time. Happy Easter to everyone !!!!!!!!
JM

about my osberger turbine it consumes 100 liters per second.
for you the easiest way to calculate the speed of your turbine,
you made it idle and measured that speed. load half of that speed.
be careful it is not necessary to open it completely, also pay attention to the pulley it has to resist the speed.
the speed of the negri turbine is fast (difficult to calculate.)
the negri turbine of diameter 240 that I had installed was running empty at 1200 very under 2.7 meter de chute
see you soon
patou
0 x
Saint Esteben
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

choose a turbine

by Saint Esteben » 01/05/09, 05:33

Hello everybody

work is progressing slowly but surely; soon we will be able to fill the pond and make measurements. Good weekend extended to all.

JM Saint Esteben.
0 x
The earth is low
Saint Esteben
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

choose a small turbine

by Saint Esteben » 20/05/09, 05:14

I hope that the photos will be visible so that you have a glimpse of the mill and the black turbine.

See you soon.
0 x
The earth is low
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/05/09, 13:52

Hi Saint Esteben,

Good luck for cleaning :D

Pretty house 8)
0 x
Saint Esteben
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

choose a small turbine

by Saint Esteben » 22/05/09, 14:17

Hello, thank you for your answers. The retention pond is curé aux 2 third, however we have to do the bottom of the terrace and the house, because the tracto has no opportunity to access. The town has proceeded to a rip rap of the communal road that adjoins the outflow reach, only last week there was a storm of hail and rain such that the communal road again broke the figure, cutting at the same time the drinking water supply, and obligation to start again, because my output reach is completely blocked; a real earth tsunami, I do not have a single fruit on fifty fruit trees, everything was ravaged, but miracle, the dam that I had rebuilt with my son held !! Like what miracles, there is no not only in Lourdes !! With all that, not a drop of water inside the mill, it's already not bad. There are people who are bored in retirement, for now it's not my case! I'm trying to stick a picture of the outlet reach after the storm. See you next time.

0 x
The earth is low
Saint Esteben
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Saint Esteben » 23/05/09, 09:50

Hello Patou and everyone, I add the photo of my black-headed turbine, and wanted to know if yours was similar? It is very noisy, but I have to put silinblocs to see if the noise decreases. By the way, is the banki turbine noisy? Thank you for your reply.
0 x
The earth is low
Saint Esteben
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

choose a small turbine

by Saint Esteben » 08/06/09, 15:32

Hello everybody

I have a question about the electricity and the number of hertz. Is the number of hertz proportional to the number of revolutions per minute of the alternator? Normally, when I plug in a device, the wattmeter indicates 50 hertz, and this when the alternator rotates at 1500 revolutions / minute. If the alternator was only running at 1000 revolutions / minute, will I get 33,33 hertz? I had tested before cleaning the pond and the turbine, and I could not get the 50 hertz. It must still be noted that the entrance of the turbine was clogged with leaves and mud, I do it again the tests when everything will be clean, but with your answer, it would be easy for me to know how many revolutions / minute turns my turbine! Thank you for your reply.
0 x
The earth is low
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/06/09, 16:09

Hello Saint Esteben

If the AC brushless (brushless) generator yes you will have a drop in the hertz, several devices can support it but a motor will make a lower speed of rotation.

Large power plants use the AC (sometimes in DC) converted to DC then control the voltage using regulators and use inverter to recreate the AC.

Others use AC and it couples directly to the sector by sinusoidal wave synchronization, but it is less and less used nowadays or the cycle frequency has to be very stable.
:D
0 x