Annual consumption of pellet boiler OKOFEN

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 12/04/09, 22:39

shit so did, what a coincidence, I used the same principle
I was waiting for data to publish.
in fact the main problem is to find a counter which "wakes up" by itself when the counting starts again after a stop.
indeed, many need to be pressed on a button to wake them up.
I found a wire that does the trick.
I am in the process of calibrating it by precisely measuring the volume of pellet consumed in the boiler hopper because for the moment, the daily consumption being low, I can easily measure the consumption of the hopper over a day.

see you soon for results.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 12/04/09, 22:50

Well shit then, you're still ahead !!!

I'm looking for a cheap gadget that actually reboots, I just left the Conrad site right now!

Hello.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 13/04/09, 09:14

Well boys if it works (and knowing you it can only work : Idea: : Mrgreen: ) I hope you will drop : Idea: the patent and return it to Okofen so that we finally have an efficient and easy way to control our consumption on our boilers.

: Mrgreen: kisses.
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Did67

by Did67 » 13/04/09, 19:31

Logically, it will work ...

And are we going to put the boilers on sale in the Decathlon "bike" section?
0 x
tautin25
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tautin25 » 13/04/09, 21:55

Did67 wrote:I may be a Boeotian from Boeotians! I did not find your data on the pellets.

There is no exact consumption value. To date, around 200 to 300 kg remain in the silo filled to 4 T last July, which amounts to around 3,7 to 3,8 T in mid-April. DHW production started in July.

Your idea of ​​the bike computer is excellent, it has the merit of simplicity and affordable cost. For information, the parameter to be used is approximately 30 g of granules per turn of the screw. I think this parameter should be relatively constant. The screw may not be properly fed when the hopper is empty. This phenomenon can occur during periods of high consumption when there is an early recharging before the normal pellet suction time.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/04/09, 22:53

I'm going to put two:

- one on the boiler, at the level of the feed screw in the burner; I think this is where each round represents 30 g

- the other on the screw which extracts the pellets from my silo, before they are "blown" (I have a suction model); I think that this screw "delivers" a lot more per revolution ... It only turns once, maximum two, for a few minutes, every day
0 x
tautin25
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tautin25 » 17/04/09, 20:10

Did67 wrote:I'm going to put two:

- one on the boiler, at the level of the feed screw in the burner; I think this is where each round represents 30 g

- the other on the screw which extracts the pellets from my silo, before they are "blown" (I have a suction model); I think that this screw "delivers" a lot more per revolution ... It only turns once, maximum two, for a few minutes, every day

Did,
the 30g are calculated on the feed screw in the burner. I think that the measurement on the silo extraction screw of a suction model is not very reliable. The granules tend to arrive in bundles and the flow is not constant. The idea is however to dig.

The downside of the bike computer is the setup. On a bicycle, the setting is approximately 1,5 m per wheel revolution. In the case of the burner supply screw, the parameter will be 3 or 30. I do not know if we can between 30? For granules, it will therefore be necessary to multiply by 10.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/04/09, 12:17

Totally agree.

I found a counter with automatic on / off at 10 € at Décathlon. At this price, the experimentation is not very expensive!

I do not know the "electronic" limits of the setting. I will try, I will tell you. But it is clear that it will be necessary to "convert" the km into kg of pellets ...

My idea was to empty a silo with the parameter either 10 m / turn if possible or 2 otherwise. So I would know that each km displayed is either 100 laps or 500. The trip meter gives the distances to within 100 m, so it will be either 10 laps or 50 ... And in the end, I would have the equivalence x km = y kg of pellets ...
0 x
tautin25
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by tautin25 » 18/04/09, 19:30

Did67 wrote:Totally agree.

I found a counter with automatic on / off at 10 € at Décathlon. At this price, the experimentation is not very expensive!

I do not know the "electronic" limits of the setting. I will try, I will tell you. But it is clear that it will be necessary to "convert" the km into kg of pellets ...

My idea was to empty a silo with the parameter either 10 m / turn if possible or 2 otherwise. So I would know that each km displayed is either 100 laps or 500. The trip meter gives the distances to within 100 m, so it will be either 10 laps or 50 ... And in the end, I would have the equivalence x km = y kg of pellets ...

I have a meter bought from Decathlon a few years ago, it is a SIGMA SPORT BC600 wired. It stays on all the time.
The meter setting consists of entering the circumference of the wheel expressed in mm. My counter has 4 digits. With a parameter of 3000, the trip meter gives the distances in 0.00 which makes 10 meters of precision. With the pellets I therefore have a correspondence
10 m = 1 turn of screw = 100 g.
1000 m (1 km) = 1000 turns = 10 kg
With a setting of 300 we will have 1km = 100 kg
With a parameter at 30: 1km = 1 T
I think the setting at 3000 is the one that gives the best accuracy. The totalizer displays the km on 4 digits which is more than enough.

Attention to place the magnet, it is necessary in the direction indicated on the notice. If it is incorrectly mounted, the 2 lobes of the magnet (north-south) cause 2 pulses.

For my part, I continue with my tinkered counter.
Good luck for the future.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/04/09, 10:00

I confirm.

Mine is not a SIGMA (more expensive). Trelock FC 510, a less prestigious brand, sold at 10 € (wired). But actually, setting to 4 digits, the last digit is 3 at most.

It displays the ten meters on the daily totalizer (up to 999 km, with two digits after the decimal point). The total mileage shows only km (a priori up to 99).

Automatic start / stop, according to the instructions. This morning, it is "on standby" (no display). I have to check again this evening how it goes, the restart ...

Very easy assembly at the outlet of the extraction screw: replace a screw with a threaded end of thread to lengthen the axis, fix a small flat iron to carry the magnet, a DIY with two brackets to bring the sensor to the right distance ... If someone is interested, I take pictures ...

On reading, I have a little doubt about one of your equivalences, I will resume the calculation with a rested head and confirm or not ... But that does not change anything in principle.
0 x