Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 1951
Registration: 20/12/20, 09:55
x 687

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by humus » 12/11/21, 15:36

sen-no-sen wrote:
humus wrote:I think we will never agree on this root cause.
For me capitalism flatters and surfs on human desires for greatness. The energy being only the armed arm and not the decision maker.


Answer his questions and you will understand:

I win what ? : Wink: stock options?


Where does capitalism come from?
From the desire of certain men, of budding "Gentlemen" of a few centuries ago.
In fact greed = a desire and the need for reassurance (fear of missing out), another desire.
Always the man and his desires at the center of the scene.

What is the deep definition of desire?
I say : Arrow: Tendency which leads to wanting to obtain.
This supposes beforehand a "center" which wishes to obtain satisfaction (or to flee from suffering), it supposes a living being which desires.


Who of human desire and the Big Bang was there first?
The Big bang of course. It is the initial framework in which we were born and in which we evolve in concert with the framework.

The human has this particular that he can choose to follow his desire or not, therefore the human can choose to use energy or not, if he has it, of course. : Mrgreen:
Fundamentally, man is not subject to anything at all, he is the plaything of his unconsciousness in the face of his desires.
By increasing his consciousness, the human being extracts himself from determinisms, he becomes free to follow his desires or not.
Desires emanate spontaneously in the brain. They are the result of cultural learning, the fruit of the response of this knowledge to external or internal stimuli.

: Arrow: The stage before the actors, the Big Bang before the humans, but the actors are basically free to do whatever they want on the stage, within the limits of the stage.
So we could say that the scene dictates its law by imposing limits (which seems to be your point of view) but it does not impose in any way to approach the limits, to exceed them. : Shock: or to remain on the reserve. It is the human who chooses.
Already said, if no humans, carbonaceous fossils would still be underground.
Always man, his desires and his conscience (unconsciousness : Mrgreen: ) in the center of the frame.
The frame has no problem, only the man has.
Last edited by humus the 12 / 11 / 21, 15: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 1951
Registration: 20/12/20, 09:55
x 687

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by humus » 12/11/21, 15:44

Ahmed wrote:The premises of capitalism are false, because it is this falsehood that allows it to be built. Its claimed finality is also false, but it too is necessary to move its agents who "do not act for the reasons they believe", as they would say. Marx!
What is fair is its extreme and regrettable * ability to dissipate a maximum of energy (which is also hidden behind this buffoonery of pseudo "ecological transition").

* Regrettable, because very unfavorable to our species in the medium term.

greed and the fear of failing breed corruption.
Corruption in the sense that I am ready to lie, to hide this succulent fruit to eat it in a corner and not share it or not give it away.
The seeds of capitalism begin at the animal stage, it is the extension of the instinct for survival.
It is the systematization of this natural inclination that becomes perversion.

A system that cultivates corruption can only have corrupt bases and a ditto finality. : Mrgreen:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 12927
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 1008

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by ABC2019 » 12/11/21, 16:29

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:And the other clown who thinks that an entire country's oil-fired fleet can be replaced by hydrogen-powered boats in two steps ... Here is an entire section of the Icelandic economy that will continue to depend fossils for a long time despite the desire of the leaders to free themselves from this dependence despite geothermal energy.

I don't know if you mean me when you say "the other clown" (probably) but I say exactly like you, that it's not because Icelanders have plenty of EnR (and clean and not even intermittent !!) that 'they solved all their problems. It was the “other humus clown” who confidently declared that they could “as soon as they wanted”. Probably he thinks that the Icelanders must revolt, but I did not understand against whom or against what.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 12927
Registration: 29/12/19, 11:58
x 1008

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by ABC2019 » 12/11/21, 16:31

humus wrote:
Ahmed wrote:The premises of capitalism are false, because it is this falsehood that allows it to be built. Its claimed finality is also false, but it too is necessary to move its agents who "do not act for the reasons they believe", as they would say. Marx!
What is fair is its extreme and regrettable * ability to dissipate a maximum of energy (which is also hidden behind this buffoonery of pseudo "ecological transition").

* Regrettable, because very unfavorable to our species in the medium term.

greed and the fear of failing breed corruption.
Corruption in the sense that I am ready to lie, to hide this succulent fruit to eat it in a corner and not share it or not give it away.
The seeds of capitalism begin at the animal stage, it is the extension of the instinct for survival.
It is the systematization of this natural inclination that becomes perversion.

A system that cultivates corruption can only have corrupt bases and a ditto finality. : Mrgreen:

However still no problem to post this on the internet from a computer, of course
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 1951
Registration: 20/12/20, 09:55
x 687

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by humus » 12/11/21, 17:07

ABC2019 wrote:However still no problem to post this on the internet from a computer, of course

Why?
Do you want us to hear only your mainstream, inconsistent, destructive and suicidal opinion?

I must die of your fault and in silence, do you think?

Are you measuring your vile words ??? : Shock:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 12274
Registration: 25/02/08, 18:54
Location: Burgundy
x 2930

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by Ahmed » 12/11/21, 17:49

Lots of people do not have (or have not had) this kind of behavior at all, why then ontologize it?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
User avatar
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 14597
Registration: 10/12/20, 20:52
Location: 04
x 4202

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 12/11/21, 18:10

humus wrote:The seeds of capitalism begin at the animal stage, it is the extension of the instinct for survival.
It is the systematization of this natural inclination that becomes perversion.

Capitalism was born as soon as we went from hunter-gatherers to sedentary cultivators / breeders. Finally, not stricto-senso capitalism but the state of mind which goes with it and which marks the beginning of human perversion.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 1951
Registration: 20/12/20, 09:55
x 687

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by humus » 12/11/21, 18:17

ABC2019 wrote: It was the “other humus clown” who confidently declared that they could “as soon as they wanted”. Probably he thinks that the Icelanders must revolt, but I did not understand against whom or against what.

I didn't talk about boats, although in absolute terms why not hydrogen.
ABC2019 wrote: Probably he thinks the Icelanders must revolt, but I did not understand against whom or against what .

This is not a good sign regarding your mental and listening skills. : roll:

: Arrow: Against the current system which advocates the primacy of financial profitability over all other criteria.
: Arrow: authoritatively establish what has a physical meaning, what has meaning: the virtuous and lasting.
: Arrow: Or more precisely, use local renewable energy for all purposes and definitively get rid of dependence on fossils.


Are you not making a lot of effort either, or are you quickly stuck? : roll:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 12274
Registration: 25/02/08, 18:54
Location: Burgundy
x 2930

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by Ahmed » 12/11/21, 18:21

There is also no survival instinct in the strict sense of the animal, but the survival instinct of the species (through genes). In men, depending on the culture, this translates into the memes' survival instinct which leads to the sacrifice of one's life for one's ideology ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 1951
Registration: 20/12/20, 09:55
x 687

Re: Can we make the ecological transition without nuclear power?




by humus » 12/11/21, 18:22

Ahmed wrote:Lots of people do not have (or have not had) this kind of behavior at all, why then ontologize it?

although I think I can guess.

I don't understand, who is it for?
and tontonlogie I look at the definition, I do not understand what you mean?

To be sure not to make mistakes, can you rephrase it for the common people? : Mrgreen:
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"

Who is online ?

Users browsing this forum : No registered users and 160 guests