EDF has a little trouble getting through the winter

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: EDF has a little trouble getting through the winter

View A.D. 44 » 11/08/22, 01:38

But how do you do?!?

From this: "EDF has a little trouble getting through the winter"

You come to this:

Christophe wrote:...I will have to tell you about my recent visit to the Leclerc in Schiltigheim-Bagdad...

?!?!??!?
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 11/08/22, 11:26

So read the passage completely you should understand…I hope…
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: EDF is struggling to get through the winter

View sicetaitsimple » 20/08/22, 16:47

sicetaitsimple wrote:A positive effect will be the disappearance of a lot of leeches, more politely called "alternative suppliers", who will go out of business or increase their prices to lose customers, it has already started. Only those who have a little solid back and who are (even partially) at the same time producers (Total, Engie) should succeed in weathering the storm.

Iberdrola, a Spanish supplier, is leaving the ship of retail electricity sales in France.

In a letter addressed to its French customers, consulted by Reuters, the Spanish electricity company Iberdrola announced that it wanted to terminate thousands of contracts taken out in France. The reason given by the energy company: the unprecedented rise in energy prices.

"We invite you to change supplier (...) If you do not do so, you risk an interruption of your electricity supply as soon as your contract with Iberdrola ends", writes the company to its customers.

Contracts not renewed
A spokesperson for Iberdrola in Madrid confirmed the termination of contracts, while specifying that the Spanish group was not leaving the French market. “We don't want to automatically renew contracts with existing customers, as many of them would be severely affected. It is better for them to opt for the regulated tariff in France,” the representative said.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View phil59 » 22/08/22, 22:50

Now, with the covid in addition, in 2 years, we can anticipate, and train the tech necessary to put back a very correct game.

Unless we want to create this kind of situation, this shortage..

And a patron appears, like a god to turn on the light....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

View Christophe » 22/08/22, 23:38

sicetaitsimple wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:A positive effect will be the disappearance of a lot of leeches, more politely called "alternative suppliers", who will go out of business or increase their prices to lose customers, it has already started. Only those who have a little solid back and who are (even partially) at the same time producers (Total, Engie) should succeed in weathering the storm.

Iberdrola, a Spanish supplier, is leaving the ship of retail electricity sales in France.

In a letter addressed to its French customers, consulted by Reuters, the Spanish electricity company Iberdrola announced that it wanted to terminate thousands of contracts taken out in France. The reason given by the energy company: the unprecedented rise in energy prices.

"We invite you to change supplier (...) If you do not do so, you risk an interruption of your electricity supply as soon as your contract with Iberdrola ends", writes the company to its customers.

Contracts not renewed
A spokesperson for Iberdrola in Madrid confirmed the termination of contracts, while specifying that the Spanish group was not leaving the French market. “We don't want to automatically renew contracts with existing customers, as many of them would be severely affected. It is better for them to opt for the regulated tariff in France,” the representative said.

Funny that…generally when the price of your product increases you don’t let go of your customers… : Mrgreen:

Unless it's still one of those parasitic companies that doesn't produce the least kwh and only does parasitic intermediaries...

Aye I understood they offer fixed price contracts for 3 years...so rather than respecting they betray their contract...

It's a lot of parasites : Mrgreen:
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

View SixK » 23/08/22, 02:19

sicetaitsimple wrote:Iberdrola, a Spanish supplier, is leaving the ship of retail electricity sales in France.

[i] In a letter addressed to its French customers, consulted by Reuters, the Spanish electricity company Iberdrola announced that it wanted to terminate thousands of contracts taken out in France. The reason given by the energy company: the unprecedented rise in energy prices.

Contracts not renewed

I believe that these customers are not really terminated, EDF has the obligation to recover the customers of all this competition which sinks or throws in the towel!
So, obligation to recover with shitty, even non-existent client files... (I don't know if this is the case with Iberdrola)
1 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View sicetaitsimple » 23/08/22, 12:06

SixK wrote:
I believe that these customers are not really terminated, EDF has the obligation to recover the customers of all this competition which sinks or throws in the towel!
So, obligation to recover with shitty, even non-existent client files... (I don't know if this is the case with Iberdrola)

The case you mention exists, when a supplier goes bankrupt for example. In this case, all of the customers are automatically transferred to the “emergency supplier”, which today is EDF.

But this is not the case here, Iberdrola is not bankrupt, but terminates contracts when they expire, each customer to find a new supplier.
0 x
Remundo

View Remundo » 26/08/22, 18:18

right on topic...
Electricity supply tensions are intensifying as winter approaches. EDF announced on Thursday that four French nuclear reactors have been affected by corrosion problems and will therefore see their shutdown extended for several weeks this fall., reports AFP.
[]
According to the EDF spokesperson, this extension is "a best estimate" of the time needed to carry out investigations and repair work. This Thursday, 32 out of 56 nuclear reactors were shut down due to maintenance operations or corrosion problems. This phenomenon has only worsened the situation by causing the interruption of 12 of the 32 reactors shut down, reports AFP.

Source: The JDD

You read correctly ? My eyes sting... 32 nuke reactors out of 56 shut down, 1-2 months from the cold... and a drastic shortage of gas knowingly organized by our z'élites.

the z'écolos let go, but see it as an opportunity!

1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View phil59 » 27/08/22, 02:59

For 2 years of covid, we might have managed to train staff.

One wonders if this "catastrophe" is not knowingly maintained!
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Obamot » 27/08/22, 12:26

If EDF has trouble getting through the winter, what about the connected/users...

Thanks WHO ?

Putin is on his knees?
1 x