EDF has a little trouble getting through the winter

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Remundo

Re: EDF has a little trouble getting through the winter

View Remundo » 05/10/22, 23:36

I have been observing electricity production by sector and imports for some time.

Since the whole month of September 2022, the situation has been stable and rather catastrophic.

It is rare for our nuclear power plants to exceed 25-30 GW on the grid, but we need double that for the winter.

eco2mix_filiere_051022.png
eco2mix_filiere_051022.png (133.18 KiB) Viewed 475 times

Already, we are not able to respond to the early evening peak, we currently import between 5 and 10 GW NET at this time.

and on the whole day, we always import something in NET.

eco2mix_importexport_051022.png
eco2mix_imporexport_051022.png (167.91 KiB) Viewed 475 times

The link of energy production by sector:

https://www.rte-france.com/eco2mix/la-p ... ar-filiere

The import/export link with our neighbours:

https://www.rte-france.com/eco2mix/les- ... frontieres

There is also "the power grid weather"
https://www.monecowatt.fr/
1 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

View Petrus » 05/10/22, 23:37

phil59 wrote:What is the point of wanting at all costs, for example to run the LV in the afternoon, if you can run it at night?
75L of balloon, it may be short, depending on the number of people, or may be badly adjusted in tp, like set at 50°, when we could raise it to 70° at night?
I don't know, just a question?

For the dishwasher, it's just to remind you that proles who do their dishes by hand consume hot water, which cools the balloon, and if it is small, the showers may be cooler in the evening. and if the shower is taken in the morning, no more hot water for the dishes.

"In six hours of heating, we have enough hot water for daily use on this noon time slot", estimates Enedis. So unless you shower a regiment in the middle of the day, the measure should go unnoticed by the vast majority of customers concerned.

And for those who have a small 50-75l balloon attached to the wall? Ah, I forgot, we are nothing as the other said.

The principle of off-peak hours remains effective for the rest of the electricity consumption.

OK, that's what I thought, consumption is still counted in HC, but the signal is not activated.
So the pilot signal is officially no longer an HC indicator, but a signal controlled by Enedis, thank you linky!
Those who need to recharge their balloon between 12 p.m. and 14 p.m. will have to add a timer.
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View phil59 » 06/10/22, 10:19

I have a friend, who for both of them, finally, was planning to replace his 250L balloon with a smaller one, like 50-100L, and no longer have an HP-HC subscription, and let it heat up all day.

But we realize now that it's a bad idea, with what is happening now.

Worse, other countries, such as Germany, where a priori, everyone has the basic subscription, in 3X63A, and we have an instantaneous electric water heater...

At the time, which may not yet be completely over, cheap and available energy was not a problem.

Today is one.

But I come back to the tp of the balloon, that's probably doable for everyone, to heat it higher, and 10-20° more, could allow to put less hot water at the same time, and more cold, with the same final tp.

Lack of energy due to poor choice, no doubt here, for electricity, but in the meantime, we will have to pass this course, semi-gently, or not, with brutal load shedding of several hours, or not.

People doing the dishes by hand, there are still some, but less and less. A dishwasher consumes a lot less water, like 10-15L for a 12 place setting, so that by hand, for one person, it's almost that...

I come back to my father, who is on oxygen at night, very little during the day, in his device, there is a battery, but it seems to me that it is about a good hour of autonomy.. ..

So the stopping of the balloons, the day, is a small measure, without great importance in the general sense, of the life of 95% of the people, for example.
At home, the HC is from 23:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m., so it doesn't change much.

But some people also take advantage of the slots to run other devices automatically, from this signal, it's not just the hot water tanks that are affected.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

View Petrus » 06/10/22, 11:53

By the way, will the charging stations (at least fast charging of several tens of KW) also be deactivated during peak consumption?
Apparently not : https://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/en ... 77009.html
I conclude that they will therefore cut off the hot water in the proles so that the sores can recharge their electric cars.
And we continue to subsidize the electrification of the car fleet that we clearly do not have the means to supply...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Obamot » 06/10/22, 12:01

Will it be necessary to charge a battery pack at the car terminals (sometimes free) to use it at home afterwards? : Cheesy:
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View phil59 » 06/10/22, 13:19

Petrus wrote:By the way, will the charging stations (at least fast charging of several tens of KW) also be deactivated during peak consumption?
Apparently not : https://www.francetvinfo.fr/economie/en ... 77009.html
I conclude that they will therefore cut off the hot water in the proles so that the sores can recharge their electric cars.
And we continue to subsidize the electrification of the car fleet that we clearly do not have the means to supply...

So the fast terminals are only used for very long journeys by EV, and at the price they are, you only charge there when you really need it, and not to do good.

Currently, in 18 months, I have done about 50 km, and only needed to do it about twenty times, for long journeys, like 000 km, to go to Brittany.

Why, we can do it now, because people are afraid of electric power, of being out of order, and that the range now reaches 500 km, which is STRICTLY NOTHING, in most cases. ...

In fact, it's people against EVs, which increase autonomy, and at the same time prevent the evolution of the production fleet, of V2G, which could give a boost to the network, when necessary, and avoid wild cuts, I'm talking above all about France, where we have great electrical potential.

To make 1L of fossil energy, you need about 1 kWh of energy to make grossomodo 12 .... With 12 kWh, you often do 80 km, off the highway, and the small models, it's a hundred.

When you drive with a fossil fuel, if you do 6L/100, you have already consumed half of what an EV consumes, surprising, isn't it?

Filling up at a free station is very bad for the environment!

Especially in the case of EV storage, to give back to the house, whatever.

We transform AC into DC, losses, storage, loss, retransformation, loss. If it's only for his comfort, it's a lot of loss, to give back to the network, yes, because it's for everyone, and to avoid load shedding.

MOIJE thinks that it is not necessary to see that his case in particular, but a general case, for France, there is no miracle solution, even if all that, after all, is only artificial.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

View SixK » 06/10/22, 16:04

Petrus wrote:On my EDF HP/HC contract:
Off-peak hours: 1:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. / 12:30 p.m. to 14:30 p.m.
They will therefore remove the HC slot between 12 p.m. and 14 p.m., I don't have linky, I will have to see if they have also removed the pulsadis signal which allows you to switch to HC on the old meters.
Without this niche to recharge my little water heater, I will have to start it manually a few hours before taking a shower.

We agree that HC is the off-peak hours.
The hours when the consumption is the lowest, right?
So the government wants to cut us off the hot water tank when there is the least electricity consumption!??
In addition, it happens at a time when solar panels produce the most, wind power has the best chance of producing and when there is the most solar input.

We don't care about ourselves, don't we?
They're preparing social credit for us?
Health, Education, Justice, Food, Water, Energy, what's next? Banks, access to money? Which will naturally lead us to the digital euro (2024/2025 from memory)?

After they cut the HC during the day it hits me one... but still, I don't see how it's going to help.
It's not as if energy were an ultra-strategic asset of a state. In short, it's wanted, we don't care about our face!
A little rant for fun.
Tell me if I didn't understand anything.
2 x
Optimists invented airplanes, parachutes pessimistic. George Bernard Shaw.
Thought personal, I understand better why the big bosses invented the golden parachute.
Christophe

View Christophe » 06/10/22, 16:12

SixK wrote:Tell me if I didn't understand anything.

You've understood everything !
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View sicetaitsimple » 06/10/22, 17:14

SixK wrote:Tell me if I didn't understand anything.

You did not get anything.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/10/22, 17:18

Find an agreement... : Mrgreen:
0 x