Nuclear accident in Japan, a Japanese Chernobyl?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 15/03/11, 17:52

dedeleco wrote:Nuclear has lead .... worldwide.

The RNR-Pb lead coolant? It seems that this is the future, no need for pumps ... We are not done yet. :D

ML
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/03/11, 18:01

Right now on A5 in C in the air, Japan the fusion of dramas a realistic and valid assessment of the situation, with new information, in particular the most serious: the pool of irradiated fuels which heat up very worrying because not cooled !!
And also the explosions which destroy means of rescue and pumping, they lug around the water with trucks, too many damaged trucks.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/03/11, 18:09

Hello everyone !

+1 to all stakeholders !!!

Christophe yes your summary seems impeccable, in view of the many links, there is no risk of reading across the lines : Cheesy:

The righteous, your proverbial common sense is very good help and in fact, we ask ourselves the question of how we can cool something that is brought to red and that continues to be so by the operating logic of a reactor, with resources as limited as those implemented ...

Humans have for a few years, believed to be able to control everything, they were wrong and they should recognize it instead of making us take bladders for lanterns ... On the French channels, we are easily spoken of, about "passivity" Japanese, we forget the historical truths, which make modern Japan what it has become and hence its inhabitants ...

Maximus Leo I do not know where you are going to seek your mastery of the sources of the net, but I bow to so much knowing ...

Dedelco, we are really on the same wavelength!

Sen no sen, same

Well I stop there, we are not going to praise each other too much, the news is too serious!

The European authorities in Brussels have just spoken of an international catastrophe. Source LCI 5 'ago
And what will happen when the 6 reactors will stimulate each other by exchanged neutrons? Isn't it obvious that there is a general contagion of reactors?
How can we see a favorable outcome to such a gigantic accident?

Meow

:?
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/03/11, 18:11

17:28 p.m. - Liberation, who made a chronology of events over several days wrote:Several media ask their special envoys to leave the risk zone

http://www.liberation.fr/monde/01012325 ... -fukushima

It smells like a 'bomb'.
Last edited by Obamot the 15 / 03 / 11, 18: 25, 1 edited once.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/03/11, 18:17

Obamot wrote:
Liberation, who made a chronology of events over several days wrote:Several media ask their special envoys to leave the risk zone

It smells like a 'bomb'.

It's worse than a bomb!
Your government of C ... d, pity me, we are witnessing live the demonstration of their nameless bullshit ...

To speak of "nuclear safety" is the worst euphemism that one can make !!!
I don't know about you, but for me, nuclear power is like a matchbox in the hands of a kid seated in the middle of a dry 10.000 ha wheat field, ready for harvest. ..

Wish some are still considering environmentalists as "hairy"! we go far with that!
Meow
: Mrgreen:
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 15/03/11, 18:22

Christophe wrote:b bis) Hey about politics, I'm wondering what was said in the nuclear crisis meeting this afternoon: did it concern the resolution of the crisis or the communication / dogma to be maintained vis-à-vis the French to "reassure us"? In your opinion?
: Mrgreen:

1) "Demonstrate" to the French that such an incident would not be possible in France (limited seismic risk etc ...).

2) Prove that the French nuclear technology is the best (which could to a certain extent be very favorable to Areva to the international one which has lost many contracts in front of competitors proposing less accomplished technologies).

3) Remind us (falsely) that renewable energies cannot cover all of our needs, and that in any case it would cost too much.

4) For a few months the business should be "forgotten" by the French.

ps: no one except dedeleco has read the news ??? https://www.econologie.com/catastrophe-n ... -4340.html

Super report!
I think you could convert into journalism!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/03/11, 18:50

18:00 p.m. - Liberation wrote:Brussels now speaks of an "apocalypse", believing that the local authorities have practically lost control of the situation in the Fukushima power station.

It is "run for your life", only those responsible for pumping would have stayed on site !!!

Huge:

18:31 p.m. - Liberation wrote:The French nuclear group Areva postpones a maritime convoy of MOX fuel (mixture of uranium and plutonium) for Japan, due to the "natural disaster" that shook its facilities.

Lietseu wrote:
Obamot wrote:It smells like a 'bomb'.

It's worse than a bomb!

What we have seen with Chernobyl is that once the temperature rises, it is already too late.

Always easy to say that "after", but as it's something we know, we can't say otherwise that they did it too late. With hindsight we understand that they should have - immediately come to big means - immerse the heart with sea water ... period.
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 15/03/11, 18:59

Everything is going very well Madame la marquise! everything is going very well! everything is going very well !!!

Info off subject ... derives from your cat ...
And presto, the "insurgents" of Libya are "rebels" and presto, as Jacque Dutonc sang, I turn my jacket over ... long live the politicians!
end of drift ...

Meow : Evil:
0 x

dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/03/11, 20:17

apocalypse very real on the news, the Russians are preparing for an evacuation of their islands north of Hokkaido, a height, they will become Japanese !!

We surpassed Chernobyl by accumulating 4 to 6 Chernobyl in 1986 and Kyshtym in 1957 (storage of exploding and dispersed fuel).
It cools with helicopters water bombers for fire.
too dangerous to be there except 50 heroic suicide bombers.

We are at level 8 on the scale of 7 !!

With the horror of 560Km of Tsunami.

And with the 6,2 to 10 km earthquake under Mount Fuji, which signals the awakening of this volcano near Tokyo ????
Last edited by dedeleco the 15 / 03 / 11, 22: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 15/03/11, 21:18

Indeed I had not seen Christophe, well your little summary.

Otherwise from a political point of view I find ridiculous the way in which the debate which was closed suddenly emerges, even if it is always a good occasion. It seems that we are doing as for the rest of the new rash laws following "various facts" in the emergency.

It is a good sign that one is incapable or that one does not want to think a little ahead of possible problems, it is always necessary to see it to believe it ...
Last edited by nonoLeRobot the 15 / 03 / 11, 21: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x