Nuclear accident in Japan, a Japanese Chernobyl?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View dedeleco » 12/03/11, 14:04

you can't do much in the dark anymore.

In Chernobyl, it was bright red hot, exactly the opposite !!

And the local fishermen at 1 km in the night had tanned the next day, irradiated at 1 Sievert, or even more !!
To die days later!

We forget that any intervention is very very difficult, almost suicidal, for the good of others !!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Leo Maximus » 12/03/11, 14:04

sen-no-sen wrote:The media is still very rough on the accuracy of the facts, however, staff must be present at the scene, and an initial assessment should be available.
It is quite disturbing that the roof collapsed, it should have resisted, especially with regard to its type of structure.
He question for now leaks radioactives..ça cold in the back!

It seems that the concrete of the enclosure has volatilized, leaving the concrete iron bare. This is possible if there has been a supersonic shock wave. You should see the inside.
0 x
Did67

View Did67 » 12/03/11, 14:11

Indeed, the official discourse (government, the electrician): it's the building (in short, the cladding - there is no denying it; we see it flying away!).

However, despite the speech, one of the looping images reveals a '"strangely empty building carcass". I see no containment there. Is it too low? We can in any case ask the question of the containment!

I still find it strange that we don't show close-up images. Without messing around, I would be the boss of the electrician, if I told the truth (intact speaker; it's just the siding ...). Within 5 minutes I take off a helicopter (admittedly, they are busy, but there must be one, surely the company has one), film from above (since there is no danger) and I balance the images. And I talk after ... Credibly ...

But hey, I'm not a boss! Just beotine (and worried: the only powerhouse of a comparable type - a single protective enclosure - is located in Fessenheim, in the seismic zone, - about 100 km from my home, in France)

So the...

PS: to note on France2, newspaper of 13 pm today, the only intervention of an "expert" was that of the "scientific adviser" of Areva! Scandal !!!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View sen-no-sen » 12/03/11, 14:30

Did67 wrote:
PS: to note on France2, newspaper of 13 pm today, the only intervention of an "expert" was that of the "scientific adviser" of Areva! Scandal !!!

As usual, sleep quiet French French, he has nothing to fear!

I am very curious to see the counter offensive of Areva following this affair, we are going to feast ... their com service must run at full speed to give us a beautiful speech of mystification.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View dedeleco » 12/03/11, 14:34

I still find it strange that we don't show close-up images.

They manage the press and communication, so no question of showing everything !!!
Do not panic the Japanese !!
But it is certain that the explosion (which did not occur at 3 miles Island, fairly comparable, and therefore an enclosure exploded here) did not project the entire core of the bright red reactor with 1 ton of plutonium in nature and in the air, like in Chernobyl.
There would be no need for close-up images.

In France we are all within 200Km from a power plant and therefore we must be aware of it and vote accordingly and understand that storing summer heat underground to heat winter is really an effective solution, in perpetuity, which eliminates this type of danger instead of favoring nuclear power with still electric boilers or PACs !!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Leo Maximus » 12/03/11, 14:41

dedeleco wrote:
I still find it strange that we don't show close-up images.

It has been dark on Fukushima for 3 to 4 hours.
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 12 / 03 / 11, 15: 05, 1 edited once.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Leo Maximus » 12/03/11, 15:04

TEPCO website (in English):

http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/index-e.html

According to nhk.co.jp 2 hours ago, the boss of TEPCO said that the explosion this morning occurred between the 2 containment enclosures. The first external concrete enclosure has been volatilized but the second steel containment is intact. The primary reactor circuit is not damaged.

Image nhk.co.jp, we see what remains of the concrete containment. Apparently no smoke. This reactor is relatively small 450 MW compared to that of Chernobyl.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Leo Maximus » 12/03/11, 15:29

Confirmation that the reactor is intact:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/w ... 775295.htm

Phew!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Alain G » 12/03/11, 15:44

Can we believe the official version of Japan? : Shock:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View dedeleco » 12/03/11, 16:23

Yes, we do not see a red heart naked, and therefore serious but much less serious than in Chernobyl !!
0 x