Capture and storage of CO2 IPCC report

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/08/06, 09:18

no? however, if one knew how to use it for something, for example in a chemical reaction to manufacture a new product, it would automatically acquire a certain value.
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 20/08/06, 17:24

we would have to invent a synthetic tree capable of producing several kinds of carbon (from diamonds to pencil leads) operating on solar energy, I am bad at chemistry and I don't know if it's possible and very complicated ...

mother nature invented chlorophile and I don't know if humans know / can do better

it is true that if we recuperate all the carbon that we have rejected in a hundred years on this earth we could make a lot of stuff with (planes, cars, houses) that are indestructible since the carbon does not rust and that it holds up well temperature and UV

but if the carbon industry develops there is no risk of the planet cooling : Cheesy: ...
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/08/06, 18:50

yep, it's far beyond us, that's for sure :|
I still noted that a power plant would consume 10% to 40% more. let's take the average, 25%
the turbine yields are already only around 40%, we would finally have 32% efficiency, even less 10% for losses in the network and in the transformers, or ultimately 22% ...

reassure me, tell me I'm wrong! : Shock:
0 x
airandsuncar
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by airandsuncar » 15/10/07, 14:48

Philippe Schutt wrote:no? however, if one knew how to use it for something, for example in a chemical reaction to manufacture a new product, it would automatically acquire a certain value.

I use it in my "POWER CO2" turbine which drives an alternator.
I asked for a 50-minute audience to explain my invention to our president, but he is too busy, so according to the Chef de Cabinet, my request was sent to the Minister of Ecology and Sustainable Development, Mr. JL. Borloo.
This morning I tried to ask him via France inter if he was made aware (only 24 volts with a low amperage), but not average. Until the planet warms ...

See you again because I'm still alive ...

Jean Claude.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"