The race for nuclear fusion

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Re: The race for nuclear fusion

by Christophe » 14/12/22, 09:36

I think the Chinese are already much more advanced than that...as for the Europeans and the ITER grall, it will be outdated before we press the ON button... : Mrgreen:

That's what happens in a country where most researchers think more about their comfort, their holidays and personal interests than about scientific research...and I'm not talking about administrative and political red tape...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 14/12/22, 09:43

ITER is perhaps the dumbest way to do fusion.

However, the other techniques are far from being accessible too.

I think the easiest way to use fusion energy is to capture solar energy and let it be in our Sun.

Indeed reproduce on Earth Lawson's criterion is an extremely difficult undertaking. In the Sun, everything is naturally organized (millions of degrees and gigantic pressure with all the hydrogen isotopes).

And the "pollution" (radionuclides) remains confined to the Sun.
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/12/22, 10:47

Not possible that, you have to put a meter somewhere since the sun is free!
1 x