The Night Price of Electricity

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Night Price of Electricity

by sicetaitsimple » 02/04/18, 18:52

Note also, even if it is not entirely the subject, that for a reason that I cannot explain, the price of the ton of CO2 emitted within the framework of the system of reduction of the emissions of large emitters at European level (ETS Emissions Trading Scheme) has been going up fairly strongly since the start of the year.

It will not make laugh the competitors of EDF, in particular those which do not have or very few means of production.

If this is true, you should receive a lot less pop-ups offering "tempting" offers in the coming months.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/04/18, 19:00

I think we should create a new electrical company ... different from EDF or Enercoop, whose vocation is to set up a highly variable rate giving profitability to consumption management system ... to optimize the use of renewable energy ... do as well and cheaper than storage

http://www.enercoop.fr/content/le-mecan ... -dire-quoi
when I read that ... they went to gas factories that only benefit the big ... fashion is really not to involve small consumers

it is therefore necessary to create a new electrical company, which will encourage its customers at the same time by a variable price and by the manufacture of useful automatic equipment ... and which will use the statistical result of the consumption of its customers to show its results and in take financial advantage to pass on to customers

the problem now is that there is no egg or chicken ... no good variable rate because there is no good automatic equipment to use a variable rate ... and no equipment to use a highly variable tariff because there is no electric company offering this tariff

the linky is able to record consumption in detail as a function of time, but it is not able to inform the customer of price changes in real time ... this is not a problem: this news company will inform its customers by internet ... the linky will record the consumption and we will do the calculations
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/04/18, 19:18

chatelot16 wrote:I think we should create a new electric company ...

Electricity suppliers for individuals in France, there are if I counted 26 in France today!

https://www.fournisseurs-electricite.co ... lectricite

You think it is not enough? None of them would have thought of your idea?

PS: well, if the price of CO2 continues to rise, there will be cleaning quickly ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/04/18, 19:26

there are a multitude of companies that do the same thing ... it is not because many are wrong that they are right! (colluche!)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 02/04/18, 19:42

chatelot16 wrote:there are a multitude of companies that do the same thing ... it is not because many are wrong that they are right! (colluche!)

Yes, but reread my post at 17:41 p.m. The room for maneuver is not enormous given the (approximately) 2/3 of the bill which is generally "fixed" for a certain consumption.

I am willing to admit that someone who is motivated can shift consumption according to a tariff, but there are still limits to the exercise!

Whatever the supplier, he must supply you 365/365, not just at night or on weekends when there are negative prices on the spot market.
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by PVresistif » 25/01/19, 22:03

See website with dedicated chapter:
http://osenon.free.fr
http and not https!
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by PVresistif » 12/02/19, 11:42

all these same data developed on a super dedicated site .............
Good reading
Attention the night rate, it can cost you dear .......

http://osenon.free.fr/10%20Tarif%20nuit ... ifnuit.htm

Look at this curve, it says a lot: http://osenon.free.fr/10%20Tarif%20nuit ... raphe1.htm
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 13/02/19, 19:28

Thank you for all this information even if I did not understand everything mathematically.

I have the day / night rate, but I discover that I am in an example of minimum consumption: cumulus and dishwasher, and ... basta

So I tell myself that I may be the loser

Is there an online simulator to measure this?

That said if I trust the link you gave if we do more than 45% in off-peak hours then the system is profitable

I took a look at my distribution

149 subscription €
Off-peak hours 404 €
Full hours 327 €

So a priori the off-peak / full system is profitable for me, is that it?
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 14/02/19, 15:22

Hello,

It’s relatively simple ...

With your night and day consumption totals as well as the prices per kWh night / day and base you can easily do the calculation for the two options (just add the base or day / night subscriptions).
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by PVresistif » 15/02/19, 11:34

for nico 329
conso night: 404 / .125 = 3232 kwh
conso day: 327 / .159 = 2056 kwh
the day's share is 2056 / (2056 + 3232) = .39 is 39% which is good enough
on the curve P2 appendix we see that for 39% of conso share day it takes 3000 mini conso mini kWh to make profitable: you are more than 5000kwh, no pb the night rate is profitable for you ..
note: this is valid for the EDF tariff, but not very different for the others; on the other hand 149 € subscription is an 9kW I guess
0 x