Nuclear waste

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Nuclear waste

by moinsdewatt » 23/10/19, 20:48

Christophe wrote:The accumulation of nuclear waste seen from the sky:

Another Greenpeace fire to scare.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/10/19, 21:20

moinsdewatt wrote:
Christophe wrote:The accumulation of nuclear waste seen from the sky:

Another Greenpeace fire to scare.

And I repeat by specifying for those who would have a little trouble understanding "It is true that it is much easier and less directly visible to use the atmosphere as trash., that is to say produce its electricity from fossil fuels.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/10/19, 13:14

GuyGadebois wrote:Citizen initiative.
France, host country where life is good to live together:
Let's sponsor a radioactive waste barrel!
A migrant no, one was Areva yes!

Chiche? I want a waterproof good and against compensation €, in my thermal buffer! Just have to provide me with boron! : Cheesy:

Without laughing, what is the residual thermal power of a barrel of treated waste, the most weakly radioactive?

It is weak, I believe in the few thousands of watts!

Completely compatible with the thermal needs of a house, you just have to find a load shedding in summer, like a swimming pool, a large jacuzzi ... at worst an exchanger in the ground ...

Free heating guarantees for 10 years and millions of kg of CO000 saved! : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 24/10/19, 14:35

Christophe wrote:Free heating guarantees for 10 years and millions of kg of CO000 saved!
Good idea now that AStrid is abandoned, this waste is not ready to be reused in generation IV reactors

The heated water is not radioactive, launches a startup to install these drums in high-tech boiler rooms : Wink:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 24/10/19, 14:42

Christophe wrote:Chiche? I don't mind a waterproof good and a thermal buffer! Just have to provide me with boron! : Cheesy:
Without laughing, what is the residual thermal power of a barrel of treated waste, the most weakly radioactive?
It is weak, I believe in the few thousands of watts!

It is "nothing" for the weakest radioactive (so low activity that one can say "nothing" in thermal power).
On the other hand I can only advise you the barrel of fission products + actinides, vitrified, volume about 200l, residual power max 4kW. Maybe you need two? In this case quickly take date, because there is produced less than 1000 / year in France. It will jostle!

http://www.hctisn.fr/IMG/pdf/HCTISN_rap ... 0af1f2.pdf

HCTISN_rapport_cycle_2018.pdf
(2.85 million) Downloaded times 2833
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/10/19, 16:20

Owl! Thank you for the info, well we order that where? 8)

For the number, must see ... 8 kW 24h / 24h this may be a little high ... I think ...

How does power evolve over time? How many% less per year?

And what is the surface temperature of the container?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/10/19, 16:29

sicetaitsimple wrote: It will jostle!

At the cemetery?
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 24/10/19, 17:06

Christophe wrote:Owl! Thank you for the info, well we order that where? 8)
For the number, must see ... 8 kW 24h / 24h this may be a little high ... I think ...
How does power evolve over time? How many% less per year?
And what is the surface temperature of the container?

No need, at your service. In your case, the best is certainly to contact Engie / Electrabel, they must have some in stock ...
I talked about 4kW max, but it's generally less. And don't worry too much about the short-term sustainability of your heating:
"Average thermal power: around 2 W / package at production. This value is divided by 500 after 4 years of decline and by 50 after 10 years."
https://inventaire.andra.fr/families/co ... nola-hague
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/10/19, 17:10

Should be crazy to put it at home ... and even more crazy to sell it to individuals!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perseus » 24/10/19, 17:22

Hello,

No direct report but it reminds me of an anecdote.
As part of the job, I exchanged with a retired geologist on the particularities of a specific terroir.
Not far from there had been exploited uranium mines in the years 50-60. The guy explains to me that they had extended the galleries to the small hamlet where we were discussing (but more than 120m deep I believe). This had the accidental consequence of emptying the wells of the houses and gardens and the people "shouted". And the guy ends by laughing: "well, in fact that did them a service because this water was naturally radioactive".

@+
0 x