Nuclear power: clean energy? Niger, Cogema and radiation ...

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Nuclear power: clean energy? Niger, Cogema and radiation ...

by Christophe » 05/06/07, 14:01

We were aware of the problems associated with nuclear waste, which take tens of thousands of years to become harmless. After Chernobyl, we also became aware of the lack of safety in nuclear power plants. However, all this does not prevent French leaders from still asserting today, as Alain Juppe does, that nuclear power is an energy for the future.

In this documentary recently found on the Internet, journalists show the effects produced by a uranium mine operated by the French company Cogema-Areva (do you know?) In Niger. I invite you to watch it:

http://bellaciao.org/fr/article.php3?id_article=48813

See the 2 videos:
http://www.dailymotion.com/peamak/video ... u-niger-12
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1c4ah ... u-niger-22
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/06/07, 15:25

Ehhhh yes, what do the lives of some Africans weigh when the profits and the brand image of a multinational are at stake ???

... and with the construction of the EPR, it's not ready to stop ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/06/07, 19:00

and in addition in these very poor countries, it should not be very difficult to slip the part to the officials so that they f .... : Evil:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/06/07, 19:50

elephant wrote:and in addition in these very poor countries, it should not be very difficult to slip the part to the officials so that they f .... : Evil:

This remark is all the more correct in that in the report, they question an official in charge of radiocativity measurements in the village next to the mine.
When the official gives values ​​of 0,8 shocks / s, the NGO representative measures 400 shocks / s : Shock:

After all, it's only a ratio of 1 to 500 :frown:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 05/06/07, 20:16

elephant wrote:and in addition in these very poor countries, it should not be very difficult to slip the part to the officials so that they f .... : Evil:

Hello

with us it's the same; it's just the size of the bachish that changes.

Example: I plunder an African country; I distribute a rolls to the president and a few dollars to the controllers. After that if a few thousand people die it doesn't matter.

The same in Europe; I co-finance an electoral campaign and I can build all the shit I want even against the advice of the populace and if their kids create it doesn't matter. given the delay in the trials, we will have been dead for a long time (see papon 50 years for Bordeaux, dead and still not tried for Charonne).

I quoted no one : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 05/06/07, 20:47

zac wrote:Hello

with us it's the same; it's just the size of the bachish that changes.

Example: I plunder an African country; I distribute a rolls to the president and a few dollars to the controllers. After that if a few thousand people die it doesn't matter.

The same in Europe; I co-finance an electoral campaign and I can build all the shit I want even against the advice of the populace and if their kids create it doesn't matter. given the delay in the trials, we will have been dead for a long time (see papon 50 years for Bordeaux, dead and still not tried for Charonne).

I quoted no one : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

@+

Zac, president, Zac, president !!!
: Mrgreen:
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 05/06/07, 21:49

Um,

well with us cavec nuclear is the same
I work near the cattenom power station and strangely one elder noticed that there is a lot of cancer around the power station. He asked the question to his doctor who did not want to go on ...

Here it is
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/06/07, 22:02

good ! .... I see that we all understood each other! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be