Nuclear power continues in the world

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Nuclear continues in the world

by moinsdewatt » 21/03/20, 23:44

Continuation of this post from 13 March 2016 http://www.oleocene.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 79#p387679

Commercial agreement to supply nuclear fuel by the Russian TVEL for the Rooppur power plant under construction.

Rooppur 1 is scheduled to enter service in 2023 and Rooppur 2 in 2024.

Russia increases support for Bangladesh's Rooppur nuclear plant

19 March 2020

Russia and Bangladesh expand nuclear energy cooperation (Credit: Rosatom) Russia and Bangladesh have increased their cooperation in the field of nuclear energy.

During the visit to Bangladesh of Alexei Likhachev, director general of state nuclear corporation Rosatom, a package of documents was signed providing for the expansion of nuclear cooperation.

In particular, a protocol was signed amending the 2015 intergovernmental agreement between the Russia and Bangladesh on the construction of a nuclear plant in Bangladesh relating to the operation, maintenance and repair of the Rooppur nuclear plant.

The protocol establishes the right of Bangladesh to attract a Russian organization on a long-term basis to support the operation, maintenance and repair of Roopur 1 & 2, as well as the supply of equipment, supplies and spare parts, and the provision of training services for maintenance and repair personnel during the operation of plants.

In addition, a full package of annexes to the contract for the supply of nuclear fuel for Rooppur was signed between Russian fuel company Tvel and the Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission. The contract is valid until the end of the life of both nuclear power units.

Rooppur will be the first Russian nuclear power plant abroad built under the project of Generation III+ (NPP-2006) and switched to an eighteen-month fuel cycle.

The Rooppur nuclear plant, with two VVER-1200 reactors, is being constructed by Rosatom, in accordance with the $ 12.65 billion general contract signed in December 2015.

Russia's Novovoronezh II NPP is the reference plant for the project.

Preparatory work was carried out at Rooppur in 2015-2016, while working documentation was developed, along with materials for construction licenses.

In November 2017, after the Bangladeshi regulatory authority (BAERA) issued a license for the design and construction of the station, “first concrete” was poured for Rooppur 1 followed by first concrete for Rooppur 2 in July 2018. Installation of the core melt trap or core catcher at Rooppur 1 began in August 2018.

Rooppur 1 is scheduled to begin operation in 2023, and unit 2 in 2024.

https://www.neimagazine.com/news/newsru ... nt-7830228

A photo of the site dating from August 2019

https://neftegaz.ru/en/news/nuclear-pow ... angladesh/
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 21/03/20, 23:56

Rooppur barely 12 m above sea level, impeccable!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/03/20, 02:37

sen-no-sen wrote:Rooppur barely 12 m above sea level, impeccable!

"I never had the habit in my life of telling a professional outside my field what to do, otherwise I did it myself." (sicetaitsimple)
So if they put it there, the center is that they have their reasons, they are professionals, THEY! : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 29/03/20, 20:46

Coronavirus: EDF reduces its workforce on the Hinkley Point site

E 24/03/2020 LONDON (Reuters)

The EDF subsidiary in Great Britain announced Tuesday that it would reduce its workforce on the Hinkley Point C nuclear reactor site by more than half for a few days due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The number of workers on this site located in Somerset will be reduced to around 2.000, against 4.500 in normal times, and measures will be taken to allow the maintenance of a recommended distance between them, both at their workstations and in places such as the canteen.

EDF Energy says it has already taken a series of measures by promoting teleworking as soon as possible, by checking the temperature of the people present on the site, by organizing trips differently and by strengthening cleaning operations.

The Hinkley Point C reactor project, which the British subsidiary of EDF is building with the Chinese group CGN (China General Nuclear Power), has accumulated delays since the launch of the project.

https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/c ... nt.N945426
0 x
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 29/03/20, 21:10

GuyGadebois wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:Rooppur barely 12 m above sea level, impeccable!

"I never had the habit in my life of telling a professional outside my field what to do, otherwise I did it myself." (sicetaitsimple)
So if they put it there, the center is that they have their reasons, they are professionals, THEY! : Cheesy:

you're bad tongue, it's a natural liquid cooling : Mrgreen:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 29/03/20, 21:17

wirbelwind262 wrote:you're bad tongue, it's a natural liquid cooling : Mrgreen:

Where was my head, damn it but of course!
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 29/03/20, 22:00

Catastrophe scenario: The world is ravaged by a squared coronavirus epidemic ...
Coal-fired power plant: Turns off by itself.
Geothermal power plant: Continue alone.
Wind turbines: They don't care, they spin and will stop when screwed up.
Solar power plants: Same.
Hydro power stations: Kif-kif.
Motor tide: No problem.
Nuclear power plants: We are bad, very bad, they will finish us off.
Conclusion: Emergency dismantling of all these atomic shit.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 29/03/20, 22:02

GuyGadebois wrote:...

Nostradamus also predicted it.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 29/03/20, 22:09

Exnihiloest wrote:

Nostradamus also predicted it.

Would you dare to pretend otherwise? All the sources of energy that I have mentioned stop by themselves or continue without human intervention, without being a danger. All except nuclear energy, which needs ongoing maintenance and monitoring. It's wrong? Stop your stupid sarcasm a bit and think about this hypothesis for two seconds.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 29/03/20, 22:59

Would you dare to pretend otherwise? All the sources of energy that I have mentioned stop by themselves or continue without human intervention, without being a danger. All except nuclear energy, which needs ongoing maintenance and monitoring. It's wrong? Stop your stupid sarcasm a bit and think about this hypothesis for two seconds.

Automations regulate the bazaar. Even if it broke down, and everyone died instantly without having time to do nothing, no one would have to suffer the disaster. Not even the fauna which, as we have seen in Chernobyl, now proliferates in the area.
0 x