The largest source of primary energy, coal

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The largest source of primary energy, COAL

by sen-no-sen » 20/05/19, 21:19

sicetaitsimple wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:
The sequestration of C02 is presented as a solution when in fact the experiment tends to demonstrate the dangerousness of the process (pollution of soil by heavy metals, chemical instability, dubious energy balance), I am therefore of the opinion that this kind solution is more of a new problem in the event of its being implemented on a large scale.
What experience?

An INERIS report on the subject:
https://www.ineris.fr/sites/ineris.fr/files/contribution/Documents/DRS-17-164859-08281A-RAP-REX-CO2-derni%C3%A8re-version-7-12-17-unique.pdf

Bad ....

Bad ???
You will have to seriously argue this blah ... :)
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/05/19, 21:30

sen-no-sen wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:
The sequestration of C02 is presented as a solution when in fact the experiment tends to demonstrate the dangerousness of the process (pollution of soil by heavy metals, chemical instability, dubious energy balance), I am therefore of the opinion that this kind solution is more of a new problem in the event of its being implemented on a large scale.
What experience?

An INERIS report on the subject:
https://www.ineris.fr/sites/ineris.fr/files/contribution/Documents/DRS-17-164859-08281A-RAP-REX-CO2-derni%C3%A8re-version-7-12-17-unique.pdf

Bad ....

Bad ???
You will have to seriously argue this blah ... :)

I have not read the report from Ineris, but as already specified I do not believe in the sequestration of CO2.

Regarding the "bof", before I argue, it would first be necessary for us to explain to us how (of course on average and according to objective and measurable criteria) there is a "deterioration of living conditions on earth" and how it is "related to entropy, that is to say to the dissipation of energy within the biosphere."
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/05/19, 22:18

sicetaitsimple wrote:Regarding the "bof", before I argue, it would first be necessary for us to explain to us how (of course on average and according to objective and measurable criteria) there is a "deterioration of living conditions on earth" and how it is "related to entropy, that is to say to the dissipation of energy within the biosphere."

I do not know if you are aware, but it seems that we are going through the 6th phase of extinctions, some scientists even dare to assert (the buggers!) That the planet would heat up because of our industrial activities.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/05/19, 22:22

I read the Ineris report. Very good, good synthesis. But a very limited "experience" with regard to truly industrial operations and solely oriented storage.
EOR (enhanced oil recovery) being a bit different.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/05/19, 22:31

sen-no-sen wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:Regarding the "bof", before I argue, it would first be necessary for us to explain to us how (of course on average and according to objective and measurable criteria) there is a "deterioration of living conditions on earth" and how it is "related to entropy, that is to say to the dissipation of energy within the biosphere."

I do not know if you are aware, but it seems that we are going through the 6th phase of extinctions, some scientists even dare to assert (the buggers!) That the planet would heat up because of our industrial activities.

Yes, I heard about it .... But concerning "deterioration of living conditions on earth" and "related to entropy, that is to say to the dissipation of energy within the biosphere." , do you know more?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/05/19, 22:37

sicetaitsimple wrote:Yes, I heard about it .... But concerning "deterioration of living conditions on earth" and "related to entropy, that is to say to the dissipation of energy within the biosphere." , do you know more?

Coral bleaching, soil depletion, air pollution, deforestation, overfishing, urbanization non-exhaustive list (!) Is synonymous according to you:
a) A deterioration in living conditions (and life is not just Homo Sapiens).
b) Something not glop that we are told about on TV.
c) season 72 of a soap opera.
d) Obiwan Kenobi.
:P
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/05/19, 23:11

sen-no-sen wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:Yes, I heard about it .... But concerning "deterioration of living conditions on earth" and "related to entropy, that is to say to the dissipation of energy within the biosphere." , do you know more?

Coral bleaching, soil depletion, air pollution, deforestation, overfishing, urbanization non-exhaustive list (!) Is synonymous according to you:
a) A deterioration in living conditions (and life is not just Homo Sapiens).
b) Something not glop that we are told about on TV.
c) season 72 of a soap opera.
d) Obiwan Kenobi.
:P

Can I call a friend? 8)
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 13/08/19, 22:45

Legal action by 22 American states against the Trump government's coal policy

AFP published on August 13, 2019

A coalition of 22 American states announced on Tuesday that it would take legal action to prevent the government of Donald Trump from slowing down the shutdown of coal-fired, polluting and large-scale greenhouse gas power plants.

Since his election in 2016, the Republican President has withdrawn the United States from the Paris Climate Agreement and has systematically sought to unravel environmental regulations adopted during the eight years of the presidency of Democrat Barack Obama.

Among these is the "Clean power plan", which aimed to accelerate the closure of coal-fired power stations by setting ceilings for polluting gas emissions.

Blocked in court, the text never came into force and Donald Trump decided to replace it when he came to power by less restrictive regulations, the ACE ("Affordable clean energy").

"This government has decided to repeal the + Clean power plan + and replace it with an ineffective substitute," accused Xavier Becerra at a press conference, the attorney general of California, a Democratic state at the forefront of the legal fight against President Trump's climate policy.

Under the CEA, each American state would set its own criteria for coal-fired power plants operating on its territory.

The legal action brought by the 22 states and six big cities (Los Angeles, New York, Chicago ...) before a federal court of Washington considers that the ACE goes against the legal obligations fixed to the Agency of environmental protection (EPA) and effectively reduces its prerogatives.

For California Governor Gavin Newsom, the Trump administration is "in the short term." "They completely neglect the next generation, shame on them," he said on Tuesday.

Donald Trump tirelessly praises "magnificent clean coal" and regularly questions, in defiance of scientific consensus, the reality of global warming or the role of human activities in this phenomenon.

American coal is in crisis despite the millions of dollars spent in research to improve the efficiency of thermal power plants. Faced with cheaper and cleaner solutions, coal consumption is at the lowest for 40 years, according to the Ministry of Energy, and mine closures are increasing.

https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... ump-190813
0 x
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 14/08/19, 19:26

We don't want coal, with good reason.
We don't want US gas for no reason, since it emits 2 to 3 times less CO2 than coal. Oh yes! there is a bogus reason; it's shale gas; but it still emits 2 to 3 times less CO2 than coal.
We don't want nuke. With good reason since there can be accidents. However, all inclusive, it is the least dangerous energy there is. So without reason.
We want new renewable energies. But they produce less than 2% of the energy consumed on the planet. They are progressing ... but less than the consumption of fossil fuels. It will have to pass a lot of wind on the blades before they replace fossil fuels.

Yes, coal is abundant. When we have drunk the last drop of oil, breathed the last puff of gas, there will be ... coal!
Let's open our eyes before Kingcoal takes power and we're charred.

The energy of tomorrow; renewable energies, coal, nuclear? -
http://ecologie-illusion.fr/energie_dem ... leaire.htm
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 14/08/19, 19:39

realistic ecology wrote: Oh yes! there is a reason can?; it's shale gas; but it still emits 2 to 3 times less CO2 than coal.

https://reporterre.net/L-exploitation-d ... Etats-Unis
To say that unconscious people want that in the south of France, or I don't know where ....

If the idea is to put shale gas in perspective with coal, solely on the CO2 criterion, there is far enough conventional gas to do without shit gas.

It is a desire for energy independence, political therefore, which motivates the USA, not a real need for gas.
Clearly, they want to be able to piss off the world quietly without having their faucets cut in retaliation.

Amazing to see a Frenchman (I suppose) defending shale gas ...
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max