Diesel at the same price as gasoline!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Diesel at the same price as gasoline!

by Christophe » 22/05/08, 10:03

I had a full tank yesterday (sorry for my reactivity but I do between 2 and 3 per year ...) and I noticed that the difference between diesel and petrol was only 4 cts euro ... : Shock: : Shock:

Diesel at € 1,38
Petrol (SP95) at € 1,42

This subject may have already been treated but I am surprised by such a small difference ... not so long ago there was more than 20 to 30 cts difference ...

Where is the bug? Ok diesel is more expensive at the end of the refinery but the taxes are not supposed to be (yet ???) to the advantage of diesel?

ps: refueling was done in France in a large area ...
Last edited by Christophe the 23 / 05 / 08, 10: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
Gwenved
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gwenved » 22/05/08, 10:47

It seems that the tax advantage of diesel is coming to an end. I believe the state wants to equalize prices :?:

In Brittany, diesel took almost 10ct in 2-3 weeks while petrol took almost nothing ... There is only 8 ct difference. In places, it seems that diesel is more expensive.
0 x
Slowly but surely
frl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by frl » 22/05/08, 15:41

Hello,

An answer to your question: http: //www.enerzine.com/10/4943+le-diesel-aussi-cher-que-lessence+.html

The article is not very clear but I retain from it:
- higher cost of GO production
- tax equalization (it is not done since the GO costs € 0,20 more per liter excluding taxes)
- Very high demand for GO for surplus gasoline production.

The distribution of products from the refining of a liter of crude oil is strongly linked to the original quality of the crude oil and can hardly vary. If for 1 liter of GO we produce a liter of gasoline, by varying the parameters of the refining, we will arrive at 1,1 liters of GO for 0,9 of gasoline and again!
However, I think Total dreams of producing only GO, with € 0,2 more in his pocket per liter ...
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 22/05/08, 17:11

I talked about it on another subject, about the price of diesel fuel for fishermen.

The price of diesel excluding taxes (TIPP and VAT) is more and more expensive because law of supply and demand, we are forced to import diesel from the USA and they buy gasoline from us .

The TIPP is less strong on diesel than on petrol, which explained the lower price of diesel, but there it is finished with the fleet of diesel cars (70% mini in France), it will not go down again.

LPG does not increase too much: little TIPP, little demand because many users of LPG have switched to diesel with the arrival of Hdi vehicles (long range and good performance): at Leclerc / Auchan it is at 0,66, XNUMX euros / liter.

Suddenly people may start to run on LPG, as the distribution network is well distributed in France (more than 1000 stations), while the E85 is probably stalled for a good time, ditto for the CNG, electric ditto (no charging stations).

They wanted to: put diesel everywhere, it had to happen.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/05/08, 03:50

Hello

Diesel has always cost more than gasoline in Quebec

Today pumped up in my city

$ 1,45 per liter of diesel
$ 1,35 per liter of gasoline
$ 1 per liter red fuel oil (normally low in summer)

zero $ potato oil but you have to get dirty and go pick it up
it must be filtered, decanted or centrifuged, and transferred to the tank without escaping from the ground :x
You have to change the fuel filters more often, tare the injectors more often, don't forget to purge 2 km before arriving ect ...

Andre
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 23/05/08, 10:04

In France, diesel was much cheaper and by far, which explains the development and research to achieve direct injection engines (Hdi at PSA Peugeot-Citroën) and 75% of diesel vehicles on the roads in France and even 70 % in Europe (heard yesterday on the radio).

The Hdi work very well but it seems very fragile. I know a guy who bought a second-hand Hdi (150 kms so nothing for a diesel ..) Well, one morning he could not start: result => gas pump changed => it destroyed an injector , but to take out the injector you need a special tool (vibrator for a day) and it cost him more than 000 euros and it was necessary to transport the car 1000 km away because the local garage (Peugeot dealer did not have the tool and it would have been necessary to remove the stack ... so it would have cost him much more on the spot !!!).

Result: he resells his beautiful 807 Peugeot Hdi to buy a Espace Renault gasoline. It seems that if the vehicle does not drive very much, the diesel in the tank degrades (becomes charged with humidity? Or whatever) very high pressure injectors are very fragile.

I see a lot of Hdi cars for sale on occasion that do not find buyers (yet consumes little), so there is a known problem, I have already read that on other sites on diesel?

Do you know this problem?
Last edited by martien007 the 23 / 05 / 08, 10: 24, 2 edited once.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 23/05/08, 10:23

Andre wrote:Hello

Today pumped up in my city

$ 1,45 per liter of diesel
$ 1,35 per liter of gasoline
$ 1 per liter red fuel oil (normally low in summer)

zero $ potato oil but you have to get dirty and go pick it up
it must be filtered, decanted or centrifuged, and transferred to the tank without escaping from the ground :x
You have to change the fuel filters more often, tare the injectors more often, don't forget to purge 2 km before arriving ect ...

Andre

exact !
but there are also farmers who sell fried oil (or crisps or with generator or boiler) at 0.85 ct / liter!
which avoids getting dirty ;-)

what also costs more and more expensive in diesel, it is the incorporated dister: hey yes it is expensive to put alcohol + esterification, decantation, transofrmation, transport etc! and not even more than 5% ...

so that alcohol-free oil works at 30% for everyone ?!
0 x
caracole
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Diesel more expensive than SP95 in Spain

by caracole » 24/05/08, 21:24

Yes, it's been over for a few days, diesel is more expensive than unleaded 95 (+ 20ct than petrol !!) CAMPSA stations ....

So when do we ride in sea water?

Pierre

Here, in two years the "red" (agricultural diesel) has more than doubled!
0 x
Windows is a human operating system by the computer.
Linux is the opposite ...
Other

by Other » 25/05/08, 05:28

Hello

Now instead of diluting the vegetable oil with diesel you dilute it with gasoline, and it takes less, more it thins the oil better. for the vapor evaporator, once in the PI at 135 bars there is no more room for the vapor.

Andre
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 25/05/08, 09:35

Andre wrote:Hello

Now instead of diluting the vegetable oil with diesel you dilute it with gasoline, and it takes less, more it thins the oil better. for the vapor evaporator, once in the PI at 135 bars there is no more room for the vapor.

Andre

Hello André,
Can you give proportions?
Is there no risk of biodiesel-style separations? (risk of glycerin separation?)
0 x