Diesel at the same price as gasoline!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/06/08, 17:59

Uh normally you can not edit the messages, however I corrected your quote which was not well done.

Martien tells anything about the excellium ... even if the high pressures are more sensitive to the quality of the fuel, the supermarket GO is perfectly suited for the simple reason that it comes from the same refineries.

Unless you find me refineries in the name of Leclerc or Intermarché in France ...: Mrgreen:

What changes is not the basic product, but simply a few "additives" ... and more ...
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 06/06/08, 00:24

Martien tells anything about the excellent ... even if the high pressures are more sensitive to the quality of the fuel, the supermarket GO is perfectly suited for the simple reason that it comes from the same refineries.

No no, I did not say anything because I do not know anything I do not drive diesel.

He's another guy from forum which told me that it was necessary to put "good" diesel from Esso or Total for modern diesel engines mainly Hdi high pressure (1550 bars I believe).

We would have to find out who said that, but I simply repeated this assertion; I am not concerned.

The proof: what I wrote on page 4 of this subject:

After the prices at TOTAL recorded yesterday:
Excellium SP95 = 1,54 euros and excellium diesel = 1,52 euros.

, this morning at Carrefour:

SP95 = 1,48 euros and diesel = 1,47 euros.

In the end, given the very small price difference between TOTAL and Carrefour, Isn't it better to fill up at TOTAL with Excellium, which seems to be of better quality and lower consumption? that's what we say ..... can someone confirm?

For diesel it would even be imperative to put Excellium in Hdi because they do not support low quality diesel?

Where is the truth ?

Thank you in advance for your enlightening answers.
Last edited by martien007 the 06 / 06 / 08, 00: 29, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/06/08, 00:27

Ah well in this case must use QUOTE
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 06/06/08, 00:31

Christophe wrote:Ah well in this case must use QUOTE

OK, see my modification in the previous post.

There are at least two who also claimed to consume less with excellium: 1250 kms with a 65-liter tank ald 1000 kms (on a R21 from 1990) with supermarket diesel (I don't remember who wrote that but it is on) .... and I have already heard it said by + other people without believing it.
Last edited by martien007 the 06 / 06 / 08, 00: 34, 1 edited once.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 06/06/08, 00:32

well we know that the martians only use krytonite ... : Cheesy:

does not prevent this rumor of poor quality fuels sold by supermarkets to die hard ... : Cheesy:
and in history nobody ever had the idea to ask the drivers of delivery trucks : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/06/08, 00:46

georges100 wrote:and in history nobody ever had the idea to ask the drivers of delivery trucks : Cheesy:

Rah I repeat it again: the fuels ALL come from same refinements. The dosage of the additive is done at the mouth of the customer ... understand the brand that there is noted on the truck during filling

The initial quality of the fuel is therefore the same except for a few additives which are more marketing than anything else ... which does not mean that the fuel you buy retains this quality: storage is an important parameter ...

NEVER refuel when a delivery truck delivers fuel, you risk taking water and mess. This is probably where the legend of supermarket fuel that breaks engines comes from: they are replenished much more often ... and we have more customers. It's mathematical.
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 07/06/08, 20:53

Whatever the case, it's the same price at Carrefour and at Total; maybe it's cheaper at Auchan and Leclerc? but it is certain that the difference is minimal, then if they put an "additive" which allows the engine to consume less (but there would need serious tests - pity I forgot who wrote that it consumes less with his R21 diesel from 1990 and for him it is sure and verified over time-), it is better to refuel at Total, Shell..etc. Besides, Elf stations (bought by Total) are cheaper than at Total; do they have the right to the additive at Elf or do they have the same fuel as the hypermarkets?

At my place there is an Elf station which was even cheaper than Carrefour a few months ago, there it is closed for work (they have to put larger tanks because they could not manage to supply).

I have the impression that they are having a really good time with the consumer, and they are getting richer and better off.
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 07/06/08, 21:01

everything is in the calculation of the price : Cheesy:
normally a sale price is cost plus margin ...
now we just stick to the neighbor's label to alienate ....
christophe will still say that i'm anticapilalist : Cheesy: but I think blocking margins (not prices) would be a good thing : Cheesy:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 08/06/08, 11:33

martien007 wrote:Anyway, it's the same price at Carrefour and Total; maybe it's cheaper at Auchan and Leclerc?

At my place there is an Elf station which was even cheaper than Carrefour a few months ago, there it is closed for work (they have to put larger tanks because they could not manage to supply).

Above all, I believe that in a context of liberalization - whether we are for or against is not the question: it is there! -, we must dispense with enacting a rule and not "consume" like a robot. Near my house, there is an Elf station which is systematically aligned with Cora (which is just a little further), but in between, there is a Total which is not aligned (this is the big Renault dealership in the sector; gasoline, they couldn't care less). But nearby, Rond Point ("Coop" group) occasionally carries out "cost price" operations. They are then cheaper ... I navigate between all that. For LPG, it's a Leclerc station on the highway which is much cheaper (64 cents per liter last week, against 74 € at Cora and 76 at Total!). So you educate yourself, you understand the opprotnuity when you pass by ... And I would never say: this or nothing, or that or nothing!

I point out to you that there are some sites which compare the prices in real time. I was surprised, it's pretty fair !!! Rather than wasting your time reading my bullshit, look for the cheapest fuel on your journey (if you make 25 km of detour, it's not worth it, the difference does not pay for overconsumption, in general).
0 x