Diesel at the same price as gasoline!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Did67

by Did67 » 02/06/08, 15:56

martien007 wrote:
You keep us informed for consumption.

@+

I promised consumption info.

A first approach, before "setting the 2 km":

Over 340 km, 60% national, 40% about 4 lanes or motorway, driving "very cool" generally at the regulator, strict respect of the limits, traffic rather dense but quite fluid ("return of Sunday evening"), no large city to cross: LPG consumption = 8,5 l / 100 km almost pile-up. The on-board computer, which continues to indicate the amount of gasoline it should have injected, gives 7,5 l / 100 km.

For information, the manufacturer's sheet gives the following "standardized" consumption: urban = 11,1 l per 100; extra-urban = 6,3 l per 100; mixed = 8 l per 100.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/06/08, 16:14

martien007 wrote:They told him that it was because he did not drive a lot and it happened in winter, so condensation in the tank -> water in diesel -> water in very high pressure injector (1500 bars I believe ) and sore to the injector?

Two things :

1) I still have a turbo-diesel: there is a decanter before the diesel filter, precisely to avoid the water (whether it is condensation in the tanks or in the tank). They don't put it on modern cars anymore ??? Where do people not serve?

2) Of course there is condensation in the tanks. Put a bottle of cold water on your table on a stormy day and see how it flows! So ditto in your tank: you drive, comes in "stormy" and therefore "humid" air which fills the tank, the car sleeps outside and the tank cools (more or less, depending on the weather), therefore condensation (more or less) ... It's not winter, when the air is dry, but these days, when the air is humid ("heavy weather" as they say). In inter-tropical areas ("heavy" weather during the day, significant cooling at night), on construction sites, the instruction is to fill the tanks in the evening when returning to the park, and not in the morning at start-up, precisely to limit the condensations ...

3) People should realize that modern "direct injection" diesels are gems of technology. Either it works, and so much the better. Either there is a breakdown, and it is a disaster - almost irreparable. Fortunately, we all know of hundreds of cases where this works. And possibly a case where there is a glitch.

I laugh because on others forums, I iron on pellet boilers. Many people give up because they are told that it is complicated, that there is a lambda sensor ... And they continue to drive quietly in direct injection diesel without asking any questions! The same !!!! Go understand the "average consumer"?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 02/06/08, 16:27

did67 wrote:I believe that the new value of the vehicle - Citroën tariff - was € 27 in 000 (the C2006 has completely changed). This is the exclusive finish.

Some precisions :

- the vehicle in "Exclusive" finish without option cost € 24 at the start of 000

- as it was equipped when I bought it, with the leather seats + metallic paint options, it would have cost € 24 at the time.

- € 27 is the price with all options (GPS TV, sunroof and line crossing warning in addition).

Here, make your choices!
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 02/06/08, 18:10

decanter pa on my cars over 15 years old ....

tech jewelry not so much seen that there are duds : Cheesy:
if one day you crash on a plane it will make you feel great knowing that airbuses are jewelry but no jar yours was one of the failures : Cheesy:
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 03/06/08, 00:52

Did67 wrote:
martien007 wrote:
You keep us informed for consumption.

@+

I promised consumption info.

A first approach, before "setting the 2 km":

Over 340 km, 60% national, 40% about 4 lanes or motorway, driving "very cool" generally at the regulator, strict respect of the limits, traffic rather dense but quite fluid ("return of Sunday evening"), no large city to cross: LPG consumption = 8,5 l / 100 km almost pile-up. The on-board computer, which continues to indicate the amount of gasoline it should have injected, gives 7,5 l / 100 km.

For information, the manufacturer's sheet gives the following "standardized" consumption: urban = 11,1 l per 100; extra-urban = 6,3 l per 100; mixed = 8 l per 100.

thank you and congratulations for the consumption!

What autonomy with full LPG ?

This operation is the right choice because these cars will sell well on occasion unlike diesels (especially Hdi!) Because there will be a lot on the market.

People will return to petrol or LPG while waiting for CNG, E85, hybrids and electrics to find the answers to the respective problems posed by each type (lack of pumps for E85 and CNG, limited autonomy for CNG and electric, high price for hybrids).
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 03/06/08, 00:53

Diesel has increased by 40% in 18 months:

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/infog/0,47-0@ ... 578,0.html

.... and probably more because the latest prices were 1,52 euros at TOTAL for excellium diesel (the only one to use for HDI direct injection engines if you don't want engine breakage ...).
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/06/08, 22:14

martien007 wrote:[...] at TOTAL for excellium diesel (the only one to use for HDI direct injection engines if you don't want engine breakage ...).
Are you a totol salesperson to get out of such stupid things? : Shock:

In addition, direct injection is not necessarily synonymous with high pressure ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/08, 22:17

+1
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/06/08, 17:41

martien007 wrote:
What autonomy with full LPG ?

The toroidal tank, in place of the spare wheel, makes 55 l useful (an LPG tank is only 80% full), therefore, with a cool pipe at 8,5 l, that makes about 650 km LPG autonomy (always with the gasoline back-up ... and for those who do not know, the automatic rocker while driving, just a beep that tells you that you have just switched to petrol).

I remind you that I claim a very very cool driving - for me, the first step to be eco-friendly - whatever the source of energy! - and respectful of others!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/06/08, 17:54

martien007 wrote:[...] at TOTAL for excellium diesel (the only one to use for HDI direct injection engines if you don't want engine breakage ...).

1) I believe that I involuntarily made a false manipulation and erased the original message while trying to comment on it.

2) If the moderator can deliver the message from martien007 as it was; I do not share at all its content but I am for the absolute respect of the opinions expressed, even if they are erroneous in my point of view. If he cannot, I apologize.

3) The message is absolute nonsense, in a statistical sense: knowing that supermarkets hold around 70% of the fuel market (used as a lead product) and that several other big brands share the rest, this means that 90% of direct "common rail" injections should be stranded by the roadside. I think it would show! The vast majority of knowledge that I have run with supermarket fuels in their "direct injection" vehicles with highly variable mileage, sometimes high ... without particular problems (one a gearbox problem, the other a by there, nothing to track with the fuel ...).
0 x