The closure of Fessenheim, an ecological fault

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Re: The closure of Fessenheim, an ecological fault

by Christophe » 27/06/22, 08:10

+1 especially since...

izentrop wrote:Focus on facts rather than judging people.

Well, what's the connection with sauerkraut there and it's Holland who closed Fessenheim... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

And I will make you happy izy!

If the energy crisis continues*, a good thing would be to relaunch Fessenheim...I think that the irreversible dismantling has not yet started (it's even sure)...

* and there is a good chance that no turning back is possible: we will never again see the kWh at 12 cts or the Diesel at 1,2€/L... well, I read yesterday that the bag of pellets would probably feel the 10 € !!! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

ps: your table lacks fissile materials, nuclear risk management, the impact of waste and dismantling!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: The facts you said? : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/22, 08:22

Small exercise, let's apply to my PV installation on the roof: I produced 11 MWh in 3 years...over the lifetime my installation will produce a few hundred MWh...that is approximately 0.1 GWh!

So I should have eaten: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Steel: 2100 * 0.1 / 1000 = 210 kg
Aluminum: 800 * 0.1 / 1000 = 80 kg
But above all:
Concrete: 10 * 700 / 0.1 = 1000 kg

I must have 5 to 10 kg of steel for fixings at most...and I have 0 grams of concrete and gravel...

Except for the aluminum these figures, it's total pipeau!

Yes yes I know this concerns the large PV park...so you wouldn't have the roof version? Bin no it does not suit you!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/06/22, 10:30

Christophe wrote:Yes yes I know this concerns the large PV park...so you wouldn't have the roof version? Bin no it does not suit you!
What you can do with PV is difficult to achieve with wind, where the profitability is done with the power and the height in relation to the ground...
It lacks the additional costs of decentralization, which obliges to multiply the connection infrastructures on the network, the reinforcement of the lines, the cost of maintenance...
On each park there is always one stopped and the vans of technicians criss-cross the roads permanently.

My department is the one where there are the most wind turbines, I have them all around my house and it's not over... At night the Christmas garlands flash all over the place :frown:
Attachments
wind power Somme.jpg
Other ongoing projects not on the map
eolien Somme.jpg (66.89 KiB) Viewed 1308 times
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/22, 10:31

Is it a disease of trolls to deflect questions? Especially when they are relevant?

Wind power is not a panacea but...it's better than nothing!
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 27/06/22, 17:57

christophe
ps: your table lacks fissile materials, nuclear risk management, the impact of waste and dismantling!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: The facts you said?
but also and above all (classified in nuclear risk management?) the financial cost of disasters such as Chernobyl and Fukushima, but also and above all the cost in lives and illnesses since the beginning of nuclear power in all its forms.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/06/22, 20:31

Christophe wrote:I must have 5 to 10 kg of steel for fixings at most...and I have 0 grams of concrete and gravel...

Except for the aluminum these figures, it's total pipeau!

Yes yes I know this concerns the large PV park...so you wouldn't have the roof version? Bin no it does not suit you!

not quite true on concrete.

You have benefited from an existing construction that contains a lot.

But insofar as it is pre-existing, it is rather intelligent to pool its CO2 footprint for different uses.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/22, 22:30

We cannot reason like that: the primary function of concrete in a house is not dedicated to PV...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/06/22, 23:45

in the extreme we can not reason either as you do with "zero kilos of concrete".

after all, whoever knows how to place the cursor is very clever... let's say that pooling construction for several noble objectives is relevant.

Even ground PV arrays use some concrete.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/06/22, 00:22

Especially on the ground you mean...

But I don't see how 10 small panels could require 1 ton of concrete...in short, yes, it's difficult to place the cursor...

One thing is certain: PV is more profitable than tourism...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/06/22, 09:17

izentrop wrote:
It drives me crazy!

To compensate for the closure of Fessenheim, which emitted 3 grams of CO2 per kilowatt hour, the Saint-Avold coal-fired power station is reopening, which emits 850 grams of CO2 per kilowatt hour!

Environmentalists are public dangers disguised as CAREBEAR
It's not : Lol: not because there is sometimes a logical error (here because of Cron-Cron's political fault) that that justifies AN EVEN BIGGER ERROR —> the use of nuclear power! : Evil:

Nuclear (military) which we cannot do without as it is. And that it will be worth replacing anyway when there is no more ore. And you never talk to us about the “ecological cost Co2” coal-fired power plants used for enrichment in Africa? For you, we can pollute there, is it allowed?
0 x