A barrel of oil in dollars 100! It is finally!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/01/09, 14:15

dirk pitt wrote:i can't say better Image

Thanks Dirk,

My crystal ball was not mistaken: war in Israel which threatens to spread, Putin which raises the gas auctions.

For the moment, the crisis is keeping demand low and prices have only gone up very slightly.

Finally, it's still not very encouraging.

Otherwise, for Golgot, even if I understand your logic, we cannot currently support 3 € per liter with low wages, even unemployment (which are increasing very frankly ...). But don't worry, it will come. :P

If men were a little human and reasonable, they wouldn't wait until oil was overpriced to launch green technologies (hybrids and renewable energies) at macroeconomic and industrially "heavy" levels.

They would gain in the short term on all fronts, especially economical, because whatever the price of hydrocarbons, wind, water and sun are still free and energy independence is priceless : Idea:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 11/01/09, 18:41

yes, the future lies in recycling materials and energy

there is also silver that is recyclable at the moment:
it disappears on the stock market and reappears in banks ...
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
canares
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by canares » 14/01/09, 15:09

when will the oil end ???
Unless you own a well and therefore earn money, what advantage for us to continue producing it?
http://www.developpementdurable.com/con ... -noir.html
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 14/01/09, 16:36

canares wrote:when will the oil end ???
unless you are owner of a well and therefore to earn money, what an advantage for us to continue to make money produce?
http://www.developpementdurable.com/con ... -noir.html

well, those who produce oil sell it and so they have an interest in it going on until there is more. why stop before?

the world's addiction to petroleum is such that I am sure it will use it to the end. The end being until it becomes energetically unprofitable: when extracting 1 liter of oil requires an energy of 1 liter of oil.
And still, I think that we will go further than that for uses where petroleum cannot be replaced by another source.

The problem is that the world oil reserves are not a tank from which we still draw the maximum flow the day before the shortage, and the next day is empty.
This is what the famous and too often used R / P ratio (reserves / current production) which gives us the theoretical number of oil years remaining makes us believe.

The truth is that when you have consumed a little more than half of the total reserve (which is the case within a few years), the flow decreases more and more.
it will therefore be necessary to do without a higher percentage of oil each year than that of the year before.

Worse: the more we try to compensate for this drop in throughput by extraction technology, the faster the drop will be. extending pleasure for a few more years will be very expensive to pay because instead of being 3 or 4% in the first years, the drop is likely to reach 10% or more when it occurs.

Everyone knows that the pond is drying up but we put more pipes to pump faster.
0 x
Click my signature
Did67

by Did67 » 14/01/09, 19:39

dirk pitt wrote:[The truth is that when you have consumed a little more than half of the total reserve (which is the case within a few years), the flow decreases more and more.

It's been a long time since I had completed you: the flow drops and we operate increasingly difficult deposits (soon under the Arctic where Putin has planted his flag), or less profitable (Alberta: 1 l of oil consumed on site to extract 3 - you have to heat the sands !!!) or more risky (geopolitically: Burma; ecologically : Alaska ...).

So the costs of all this oil will go up. The profits of companies also, by the way (that's why they love this idea - and Mr. Lambda, naive, says to himself: Totalfinaelf is not worried, why should I worry? The idiot).

Suddenly, more difficult and riskier fields, the share of this expensive oil will increase in our supplies. We will be facing a sort of "geometric progression" of costs !!!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 15/01/09, 13:31

Absolutely.

But petroleum will be gradually replaced by gas, possibly reformed into liquid alcohols, or by coal, "liquefied" into diesel.

For a few more years, fossil oil is still profitable (economically I mean)

For a few decades, it will already be more uncertain.

Ecologically, socially, it's been a long time since it's ruin :?
0 x
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 17/01/09, 02:52

Remundo wrote:Absolutely.

But petroleum will be gradually replaced by gas, possibly reformed into liquid alcohols, or by coal, "liquefied" into diesel.

For a few more years, fossil oil is still profitable (economically I mean)

For a few decades, it will already be more uncertain.

Ecologically, socially, it's been a long time since it's ruin :?

In my opinion, the priority of priorities is effectively to get out of oil. For economic, geopolitical, climatic, environmental and health reasons.
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 17/01/09, 09:21

Let's put things back in their places if you want to, because certainly:
well, those who produce oil sell it and so they have an interest in it going on until there is more. why stop before?
but as the palice or coluche could have said:

Not only do they sell it but the worst part is that others buy it !!!
Since when does an industrialist produce equipment or materials which are useless or which have no commercial outlets ??? : Shock: : Shock:

Also, when you say:
the world's addiction to petroleum is such that I am sure it will use it to the end. The end being until it becomes energetically unprofitable: when extracting 1 liter of oil requires an energy of 1 liter of oil.
And still, I think that we will go further than that for uses where petroleum cannot be replaced by another source.

I get the impression that it’s the wicked oil guys who are forcing people to use the precious liquid but the reality is that it’s the intrinsic physico-chemical properties of the oil that made it work and that we are so dependent on this product.

Like asbestos in its time, the applications are so diverse that it will take an enormous amount of time, energy and research to get rid of them.

In addition, these properties have of course been studied by oil companies, but it is the various chemists from different industries (packaging, cosmetics, cars, etc.) who have carried out the most research on this product and have thought that oil companies are at the forefront. head of a huge lobby that would guide the decisions of these industries is simply bullshit.

I know I would be hard pressed to convince you of this last sentence, but hey, I'll try anyway.
Look around and open your eyes a little. Where do you find oil? All over !!!
In the keyboard you use to write, in the screen you are currently reading, in the pen you use to take notes and answer me. There are of course in the car you use to go to work and I am not talking about fuel because some of us run on electricity. Your dashboard, your seats, your wheels, your paint, your steering wheel or even your gear lever? So it makes me laugh (yellow) when both defend the idea of ​​a 0 emission car !!! The AX that some take as an example for its lightness was light because it was a playmobil car made entirely of plastic so in petrol !!!

There may be oil (probably in reality) in the sweater, scarf or coat that you are going to put on to go out because it is cold at the moment !!!

Let's take the question backwards then. Where do we not find oil ?? Electricity ?? Michel showed us very well in another post that even there we used a little. In the wood you use to heat yourself ?? Gas was needed for the chainsaw and to transport it to your home. Happy are those who have a wood in their garden and who cut it down split it then cut it with an ax with a merlin and with a saw but in real life we ​​need oil for that too.

Or ?? In food ?? By the door or by the window, even for 100% organic producers and everything else, there is necessarily the use of petroleum (transport, packaging, simply harvesting). The only place I see are the vegetables from the garden and again, you have to do your own sowing or else there will necessarily have been use of oil (transport, packaging, sales area ...).

Do you really think that oil tankers have such power for having imposed so many things on us in our daily lives ?? I do not believe it !!!

If we are ALL without exception so dependent on this oil it is above all our fault !!!! We CONSUMERS who always want more, faster and cheaper !!!
One example among many others, in Europe and in particular in France, we have very efficient drinking water production systems which are benchmarks and yet it is sold every year more and more mineral waters in our latitudes.
Suddenly with water we buy plastic bottles (therefore petroleum) with plastic packaging (therefore petroleum). We use our vehicles to go buy them and bring them home so here too we use petroleum. when it would be so simple to turn on the tap and fill the pitcher of our grandmothers.

You are going to tell me that this tap water is not good, personally I only drink that and it has never bothered me but hey I want to believe that you are more delicate than me. But in this case we could have imagined having glass bottles given in plastic racks and returnable (like what is done in Germany for beer cans) but here is the housewife under 50 thinks that it's too heavy, too big, too restrictive to bring your "waste" to the supermarket each time.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/09, 09:57

C moa wrote:If we are ALL without exception so dependent on this oil it is above all our fault !!!! We CONSUMERS who always want more, faster and cheaper !!!

There are people who are still more dependent than others: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post112520.html#112520
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 17/01/09, 10:20

Capt_Maloche wrote:there is also money that is recyclable at the moment: it disappears on the stock market and reappears in banks ...

Those who bought wind have lost.
Those who sold them (swindled) won. I wonder what accounts they stashed the cash on.
0 x