Choose supplier gas and electricity (green)

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
hekl
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Choose supplier gas and electricity (green)

by hekl » 20/07/09, 16:31

hello after having traveled the forum I would like to have a more precise idea to my questions because I could not synthesize all the information:

I am a student and I will settle in an apartment ... for the moment normal: -) ... I counted down to the maximum conso electric and gas..but I left on a membership in enercoop in electricity and poweo in gas.

after different reading I am no longer sure of the merits of enercoop and its impact for the development of green energies. the offer poweo electricity (green) and gas, is also a good compromise ..

in fact I would like to have a clear and objective information on the best way to consume the minimum energy, so to discuss around me and raise awareness ... but I am a little lost with all these items

thank you in advance
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/07/09, 17:51

Hello,

Your gesture is all your honor but it may pose a problem with your owner (because I guess you will be tenant).

Indeed: taking a "released" offer is made not in your name but at the address of the accommodation and it is "irreversible". In other words: housing will NEVER be able to return to regulated EdF / GdF tariffs.

This decision is to be taken with or by the owner ...
0 x
hekl
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by hekl » 22/07/09, 17:16

Christophe wrote:Hello,

Your gesture is all your honor but it may pose a problem with your owner (because I guess you will be tenant).

Indeed: taking a "released" offer is made not in your name but at the address of the accommodation and it is "irreversible". In other words: housing will NEVER be able to return to regulated EdF / GdF tariffs.

This decision is to be taken with or by the owner ...

I wrote to enercoop and here is their answer:

Enercoop contracts are cancellable at any time without charge. In addition, any individual consumer who has opted for a market offer may return to EDF's historical regulated rates. It may apply before the 1er July 2010, subject to having left the regulated tariffs for a minimum of six months. For an individual, the owner is not committed to the choice of the electricity supplier of his tenant.

As soon as you move in we invite you to download the Enercoop subscription form, which you will find attached to this e-mail and return it to us; once the contract is in our possession, we will contact the network and your commissioning will be automatic if the electricity is still in use.

so it's pretty positive and it answers my questions:

here I would like to know the best deals in gas .. poweo, gdf ??

please
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 17:21

Well, you teach me things there ... I always "read" the reverse ... fault of the "EdF propaganda"? : Shock: : Idea: :?:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 22/07/09, 17:55

Christophe wrote:Well, you teach me things there ... I always "read" the reverse ... fault of the "EdF propaganda"? : Shock: : Idea: :?:
Reversibility was acquired in the spring, it seems to me, after bitter discussions.

heckl, why doubt the validity of Enercoop's approach?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/07/09, 18:20

Ah ok ... I did not know this ... so in its "great kindness" EDF tolerated a possible backtracking for a period of a little over a year (spring 2009 to 1/07/10) ?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/07/09, 18:35

I had a visit from Poweo in October 2008
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post103014.html#103014
It is 10% on the consumptions that EDF or GDF would charge at the same time (not subscriptions).
When he came back, he told me yes because the law had just passed, but did not tell me about 2010.

Their arguments is 10% right away. And that anyway, energy rates will be deregulated in 2012.
(Incidentally they buy green energy).

And distributors, currently "regulated" will sweeten like everyone else in 2012.
So it will be the rat race.
: Evil:
I understand their interest to increase immediately, because after he can increase even more ...

Ditto for the carbon tax on fossil fuels of individuals, because in 2012, it may blow the cap on the pot ...
0 x
hekl
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by hekl » 23/07/09, 00:49

the fee schedule:

dePoweo

de gdf

in my case: obviously class 3 (Heating and hot water and / or individual kitchen) the subscription is identical but poweo is slightly cheaper depending on the area ...

after that, from an ecological point of view, is it not better to favor one or the other. This is the question. Ecological gas is not for now.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/07/09, 10:58

1) Yes, I had followed the evolution of the law (the "right of return to the regulated tariff"). It is indeed a law that had been adopted.

2) On the other hand if I read correctly: return before July 1, 2010 and "minimum of 6 months". Which means in plain language that you must have left EdF before the end of December 2009 ... It's soon!

3) I think that at the time of total liberalization, indeed, the "incumbent operators" (EdF and GDF) will have been able to preserve an enormous economic weight and we will be in an oligopoly situation. They will be able to impose their prices ... Alternative suppliers take off very little ... They will be in niche markets!

This therefore smacks of the massive price increase (see also the "exits" of the CEO of EdF lately!) ...
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"