Save cooking gas

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
dombourda
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Save cooking gas

by dombourda » 26/01/18, 15:22

Hello
Is there a technical or safety reason that prevents gas cooking appliances from having an adjustment allowing the duration and power to be set? Example: I want the fire to be reduced or extinguished after x minutes and / or when the temperature of the contents reaches x degrees.
If these settings existed, we could save gas, prevent a pan from being forgotten on the fire, be absent after having started cooking, etc.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Save cooking gas

by Gaston » 29/01/18, 15:22

dombourda wrote:Hello
Is there a technical or safety reason that prevents gas cooking appliances from having an adjustment allowing the duration and power to be set? Example: I want the fire to be reduced or extinguished after x minutes and / or when the temperature of the contents reaches x degrees.
If these settings existed, we could save gas, prevent a pan from being forgotten on the fire, be absent after having started cooking, etc.

I would say that the main reason is that you would need a power supply ... which all gas hobs don't have.

The second reason is the price: you would have to either motorize the buttons or add valves to close the inlet (for each light independently), or the gas hob market is currently the market for the first price .

As for the temperature management of the contents of the pan, it is even more complicated since it is necessary first of all measure this temperature ...
0 x
the alfred
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by the alfred » 29/01/18, 17:42

look at the potter's gas oven side
a certain number are piloted,
flame detection, solenoid valve, re-ignition, k or s probe according to use, programmable electronic regulation
no problem it exists
and it's expensive
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 29/01/18, 17:58

Besides, it exists : Mrgreen:

A little research on gogola will find the "Miele Prestige KM 3054": programmable gas hob with automatic re-ignition if the flame is extinguished by the wind.

For just over € 1800, only the thermostat is missing.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"