Fuel prices at the pump and oil, where is the bug?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Mesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Mesh » 28/04/08, 13:42

it is the establishment of really practical public transport networks

totally agree ... it is starting to happen little by little. But it's a long-term job, and then most people have to buy into it. For now, the roads are always as busy, the guys will always buy their newspaper or their wand in the car ... Things will be turned around by the wallet. And proof of it is, the price is not yet high enough!

On the other hand, making this public transport free is not, in my opinion, a good thing, we must make people responsible!
0 x
About the sixth extinction of life on Earth?
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/04/08, 20:11

@ Denis: It is not necessarily the fairest and most effective. This measure dissuades only the most modest. Free public transport would be a simpler measure and would have a much greater impact on the quality and quality of life of city dwellers.
@ Bones: I think this will take some time. The term "to make responsible" is of a delicate interpretation: today it is used in all sauces to make the individual feel guilty. If he is unemployed it is because he is "lazy" or good for nothing, but the economy has nothing to do with it. If he catches cancer it is because he smokes, but pollution, food and various chemicals are out of the question. The pub praises the speed in the car and the manufacturers make machines of which the least is able to run at 200 and the drivers are solely responsible ...
In our case, those responsible for energy waste and all the annoying aspects linked to the automobile are clearly those who bring 2 T of scrap to transport 1 person; those who make the effort to use a means of transport have a lesser impact on the environment * and therefore deserve in return a gratification from society.
* it also includes the reduction in personal injury accidents.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 28/04/08, 20:35

Let's not forget the bike. In 2 years, during the few months when the light allows me to do it (too dangerous in the city once the sun is down) and on days when the wind does not exceed 60 km-which leaves not so many days as that. in Provence- I traveled almost 1700 km by bike to go to work. Balance 110 l of petrol saved.

As much fossil C02, NOx, tire dust and pads not released into the atmosphere, saving time (comparable journey times for car and bicycle) because at the same time I play sports.

In addition, the bike is relaxed, the green one goes, the red one stops (already that the cars do not respect the red in Marseille, I will not risk my skin and in addition it's been more than 25 years since I 've got my PC, I wouldn’t want to have a bp going to red even on a bike) and we are resting. You only have to think about orange to know if you are going or not.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/05/08, 22:39

Very just! The practice of cycling can only benefit from a reduction in car traffic, from the point of view of both approval and that of safety.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 07/05/08, 14:49

and we find that the price of fuel is high !!!
this is nothing compared to what we will have to pay in a while when, in addition to the price of oil and current taxes, will be added on top of the carbon tax which will end up being implemented sooner or later, although politicians say they oppose it for now.
Canadians are already paying for it, and in Europe, Denmark already has a tax of this type on fossil fuels proportional to the CO2 emitted.
that said compared to number of hours of minimum wage that you have to work for a barrel, after a long period of around 4 hours of work / barrel, we are now around 8,5 hours of work for a barrel, which is only the level of 1984, in 1980, it was 15 hours. see topic leaves
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/06/08, 19:00

The fake is still running on the net, so little UP!

In 2000 the barrel was not worth $ 60 but $ 28,5 !!!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/prix-des-c ... t5109.html

So do not relay if you receive this fake.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 15/06/08, 21:04

christophe,
what I give as figures there is not the fake of which you speak
my figures in hour of minimum wage per barrel are exact and up to date.
0 x

Click my signature
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: CNG price at the pump

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 20/01/22, 18:30

I don't know where the bug is at the moment, but my wife who came back from Germany after the holidays noticed this at the pump. For CNG (Methane):
Germany: 1.12 euros per kilo
Switzerland: 1.40 Swiss francs (1.35 euros)
France: 2.45 euros!!!!
Needless to say, we live in a great country!
1 x
Christophe

Re: Fuel prices at the pump and oil, where is the bug?

by Christophe » 20/01/22, 18:37

ForMinable forMinable! The M comes from Macron...you know what you have to do on April 10...

I heard this price elsewhere too...where does it come from? Rising gas prices? Isn't it supposed to be the same everywhere in Europe?
2 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Fuel prices at the pump and oil, where is the bug?

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 20/01/22, 18:43

Christophe wrote:ForMinable forMinable! The M comes from Macron...you know what you have to do on April 10...

I heard this price elsewhere too...where does it come from? Rising gas prices? Isn't it supposed to be the same everywhere in Europe?

Exactly, I would like to understand!
0 x