OUT OF NUCLEAR. Domino effect: Germany + Switzerland + Italy ..

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Did67

by Did67 » 14/06/11, 15:16

And Japan!

If it does not come out (not yet?), For the first time, the majority of the population is against the nuclear and for an exit!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/06/11, 15:30

Obamot wrote:I think you have enough left pb2488 rot completely this fi ...

... to worry now about possible failing links. The continuation in MP.

Well, I think that has nothing to do with ...
I did not receive the MP, did you delete it?

Otherwise, return the ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/06/11, 01:29

Buddies like pigs:

AFP / 24 Jun 2011 18h58 wrote: Switzerland: Resignation of Head of Nuclear Safety Inspectorate

GENEVA - The head of the Swiss Nuclear Safety Inspectorate (IFSN) resigned after his independence was questioned by the media, who revealed supposed links with a company operating a power plantsaid the Swiss government on Friday.

The Federal Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications (Detec, Ministry) has read the letter of resignation from ENSI Chair Peter Hufschmied, he said in a statement. a statement.

In accordance with the legal requirements, + the members of the board of the ENSI are not authorized to carry out a commercial activity nor to occupy a federal or cantonal function which can affect their independence +, specifies the ministry.

However, in early May, the Swiss media revealed certain alleged links between Mr Hufschmied and the Bernese Motor Forces (BKW), who operate the Mühleberg power station, the oldest in the Confederation, some of which demand an immediate halt for reasons of security.

According to the Swiss press, He chairs, among other things, the Board of Directors of the Frutigen Tropical House (BE), which cultivates exotic plants and breeds sturgeon from Siberia to produce caviar, which FMB, among others, has sponsored..

The other + case +, indicates the newspaper Le Temps, concerns a mandate that the company Sol-E Switzerland, a subsidiary of 100% of FMB Energie - created in 2007 to realize and operate facilities producing green energy - [and] entrusted to Peter Hufschmied.

The case comes as Swiss MPs approved in early June the plans presented by the government to gradually exit nuclear by 2034, paving the way for a political process that should end only in several months.

The Confederation has five nuclear reactors, all located in the east of the country. According to the recommendations issued at the end of May by the government, the Beznau I reactor will have to be decoupled from the 2019 network, those of Beznau II and Mühleberg in 2022, that of Gösgen in 2029 and that of Leibstadt in 2034.

We had a narrow escape..

After the pro-nuc can say anything they want and make us believe we live in a world of bisounours to fall asleep ....
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 20/07/11, 22:36

OUT OF NUCLEAR. Domino effect:

The domino effect does not cross the Channel.

EDF saved by UK decision to renew nuclear fleet

The 19 July 2011 New Factory

It is with an overwhelming majority of 267 votes against 14 that the UK Parliament has decided to revive nuclear energy in the country. An initiative welcomed by the French group EDF, which has several projects in the United Kingdom.

The UK government has reaffirmed its commitment to renew the country's aging nuclear fleet. A decision different from that of Germany who decided to end it by 2022.

And the British Parliament fully supports the government's position, adopting its energy policy statement on July 18 by majority vote. This is good news for the EDF group, which sees it as a major step in the implementation of its construction projects for new atomic power plants. "It is a real national decision which shows that the political class and the social body as a whole make a clear choice in favor of nuclear power", estimates the general manager of the British subsidiary of EDF, Vincent de Rivaz.

In detail, Parliament has confirmed the list of sites suitable for new plants. This will enable EDF to be able to finalize and then proceed with the necessary authorization requests for power plant construction projects.

In total, the fleet of nuclear power plants in the UK consists of 10 units housing 19 reactors. They supply nearly a fifth of the national electricity production.

http://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/ed ... re.N155949
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/07/12, 15:33

A real rush on renewable energies in Switzerland, since the nuclear release announcement:

0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 12/07/12, 16:38

I am hardly surprised by the British decision, in fact leaving nuclear power at the dawn of the end of oil is a risky choice (for the industrialists in "place").

On the other hand, I think that Switzerland will succeed in meeting the challenges of renewable energy, it is sometimes good to live in a small country ("small but strong").
I am a little more circumspect about the success of Germany, I hope he will not return their jacket when the time comes!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.