Oil and tar sands in Canada. Correspondent

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 04/02/09, 13:50

Hello,

I just read that total had bought 50 percent of the shares of amso to try, we will say, to produce in an economically viable way the shale oils of colorado. According to, will we still be in the ratio a barrel burned two barrels produced ??? Or even stronger, will total be able to exploit these oils in question ??? Because if I remember correctly, shell tried and broke its teeth it seems to me ...
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/02/09, 14:03

Possible...

In any case, it is neither energetically nor ecologically profitable.

There are only barrel courses over $ 100 that can support this infamous industry. :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/09, 14:21

Yes, they cry very loudly for the business men who have invested there ... but less loudly than the many immigrants who believed too quickly in the new conquest of American black gold!

In 2 years it will be better ... but in 2 years you have to eat ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/02/09, 18:01

They are crying ?

Could it be sentimental fuel, which thirsts for Total? 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/09, 18:50

They cry over their money ... a business man can't cry over anything else!
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 06/02/09, 10:08

on the europetrole site, there is an article where he talks about the oil shales, recalling that for the moment, production is put in parentheses and that there are only three sites where production would continue, Estonia etc. ..
On the other hand, I don't understand why they are trying to say that this region would be full of 2500 billion barrels. I find this very optimistic especially if we take into account the production quota, the way in which it is extracted, the damage caused on nature AND on man, let's not forget ... In addition, they use the water from aquifers to clean up their oil : Shock: We are really living in a dirty time, that's the case ...
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
Remundo

by Remundo » 06/02/09, 11:23

Hello,

Oil tankers are divided between announcing colossal reserves to attract investors and give themselves a flamboyant image with a secure future ...

And report a shortage so as to raise the barrel prices and make juicy profits from what they have on hand ...

Furthermore, they themselves do not know precisely what is under their feet, and even less what fraction they will be able to extract from it.

So they blow hot, lukewarm and cold in the matter.

Thus, the best indicator is the world production curve over several years (> 20 years).

This one is already on the plateau of the "oily peak".

No wonder, since the unconventional is talking more and more about him ... it's good that the rope begins to be very tight. You should expect to take the downhill slope of the peak in about 10 years, or even less.

@+
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 08/02/09, 10:56

Remundo wrote:Hello,

Oil tankers are divided between announcing colossal reserves to attract investors and give themselves a flamboyant image with a secure future ...

And report a shortage so as to raise the barrel prices and make juicy profits from what they have on hand ...

Furthermore, they themselves do not know precisely what is under their feet, and even less what fraction they will be able to extract from it.

So they blow hot, lukewarm and cold in the matter.

Thus, the best indicator is the world production curve over several years (> 20 years).

This one is already on the plateau of the "oily peak".

No wonder, since the unconventional is talking more and more about him ... it's good that the rope begins to be very tight. You should expect to take the downhill slope of the peak in about 10 years, or even less.

@+

Hello,

I believe that the peak in question will be delayed by a few years because people consume less and less ... enough to see the figures, the French burned less oil than in other years and it is confirmed in other countries .. .
Now let's not forget that everything is not as gray as we are led to believe ...
The reserves are real and not fictitious ... I am not an expert in the matter, but what I do know is that the oil companies will prevent a crash in their stock market empire because there are too many billions at stake. pseudo crisis in which we have been plunged for a few months will have been only a warning.
The solution is to impose quotas, but it is the states which must put pressure and since the state is more rotten than the oil companies, this will never happen. Hence the need to moderate the consumer by practicing decrease in its purchasing power, which is not a panacea I concede but which has the merit of making us hold our heads above water for a few more years shall we say ... to find a solution to everything this problem...
0 x

futuristic saying
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/02/09, 11:02

Hi Carburologist,

We are not consuming less and less oil worldwide.

At most, there is a slight drop in developed countries.

Oil companies will not be able to prevent their bankruptcies, EXCEPT if they reorient their activities and their colossal profits on gas and coal, then on renewables (thermodynamic solar & photovoltaic in the lead).

Suffice to say that global warming is just beginning :|
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 08/02/09, 14:52

Remundo wrote:Hi Carburologist,

We are not consuming less and less oil worldwide.

At most, there is a slight drop in developed countries.

Oil companies will not be able to prevent their bankruptcies, EXCEPT if they reorient their activities and their colossal profits on gas and coal, then on renewables (thermodynamic solar & photovoltaic in the lead).

Suffice to say that global warming is just beginning :|

world consumption cannot increase eternally ... it will have to drop sooner or later, it is compulsory ... we will no longer be able to ensure the current lifestyle so it will have to drop ...
What we are currently seeing are just the beginnings precisely, that is why we do not yet see the drop in consumption.
Then, it seems good to remind some that petroleum is here for another 100 years in all its forms ... whether we like it or not ...
I find the pessimism of some overwhelming because they are mounting disaster scenarios without merit.
Of course, the climate will take a hit, but we have to stop this panic.
Now with regard to the majors, I think that these delay the deadline because in 10-30 years, if the companies that promote alternative energies gain weight; total and other exxon will be forced to leave the limelight ...
Now, to fall back on gas and coal is an aberration at the level of pollution but especially on the fact that never then never these companies will be able to ensure the current demand because they will need refineries capable of processing these products but how much factories will they have to build ... whereas with conventional oil, it's so simple no, we pump, we refine and we distribute.
They are already having trouble converting extra heavy oils and other shales into conventional oil, so transforming gas and especially coal into oil is not tomorrow the day before ...
0 x

futuristic saying