Oil and GDP per country: energy intensity

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 20/05/08, 12:29

To return to the fishermen, that aid coming ..jusqu'à next rising oil prices, which will be soon.

In passing fishermen complain of low prices of their poisons at auction when they are sold Ascending expensive to consumers. Again, look for the error : Idea:

Fishermen: Sarkozy assures of his "determination to defend their interests"

AP - there 28 minutesPARIS -

President Nicolas Sarkozy on Tuesday assured the fishermen of his "determination to defend the interests of this sector essential to the economy of our coast", recalling the emergency plan adopted by the government.

"Aware of the new worsening of the situation linked to the increase in the price of diesel", Mr. Sarkozy specifies, in a letter addressed to Pierre-Georges Dachicourt, president of the National Maritime Fisheries Committee, to have "asked the government to examine the individual situation of fishing companies in difficulty and to adapt the measures of the plan to this new context in the coming days ".

The Head of State underlines that "the plan for sustainable and responsible fishing, which amounts to 310 million euros over three years, is largely committed", and that "the commitments made on November 6 have therefore been kept within the allotted time ".

"Since the beginning of this year, 53 million euros have already been committed and 30 million paid to mainly strengthen the economic viability of fishing companies", details the president in his letter circulated by the Elysee. "Initial emergency aid has been paid to more than 1.320 vessels for a total of 8,6 million euros. A restructuring plan for the fleet has been committed for almost 42 million euros".

"From June, the balance of emergency aid will be paid and the first blue contracts will be implemented," he said.

"You know my deep attachment to your industry, who participates in the identity of our country with its three maritime facades. You can count on my determination to defend the interests of this sector, which is essential to the economy of our coastline, ”concludes the President of the Republic.

orange.fr source

Like Sarko said (jargon for him) the same as me on the identity of our country with her three seaboards. He is not at a promise near including Gandrange (Moselle) for Arcelor Mittal in January and 2 months after, he can not do anything anymore .....

Note the restructuring plan, I suppose "scrapping" of old boats (how many out of the 1320?) And compensation for fishermen who stop this job?
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 21/05/08, 11:45

go fishing in the ch'Nord remttent a layer:

Strikes of fishermen: Channel traffic interruption
AP - hour ago 1 22 minutesPARIS -

Cross-Channel passenger traffic between Calais, Boulogne-sur-Mer, Dunkirk, Dieppe to England was interrupted Wednesday morning by striking fishermen, the Regional Operational Center for Surveillance and Rescue at Sea has learned. (CROSS) of Gris-Nez (Pas-de-Calais).

The ports of Calais, Boulogne-sur-Mer, Dunkirk (Pas-de-Calais), Le Crotoy (Somme), Dieppe (Seine Maritime) and Granville (Manche) were blocked by the fishermen, often with nets set in port entrances, blocking all traffic, including ferries.

The fishermen, Angry especially against the continued rise in price of diesel, were expected Wednesday morning at the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries to "take stock of the current situation" and discuss possible additional aid.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/04/12, 11:26

Relaunch of subject for a quiz question: when oil increases quickly and becomes "expensive" (as it is happening, even if it is not expensive at all compared to the service provided); is energy intensity increasing or decreasing? : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Oil and GDP by country: energy intensity

by Christophe » 04/08/21, 10:17

Figures for the 2000s to be updated.

Who sticks to it?

ABC?
0 x
gillesberdugo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Oil and GDP by country: energy intensity

by gillesberdugo » 09/08/21, 09:24

Here is an update of the figures in 2021, therefore 12 years later. Let's see how things have changed. Unfortunately the CIA no longer gives access to these figures on their Facebook group, so I had to use sources from 2008 on other sites. - With regard to the GDP; things haven't changed that much. The top 6 countries with the highest GDP remain the same: 1. United States, 2. China, 3. Japan, 4. Germany, 5. France, 6. United Kingdom (after https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_pays_par_PIB_nominal_(2008) it is after that things change slightly apparently: instead of 7. Italy 8. Russia 9. Brazil 10. India, we go from 7. India, 8. Italy, 9. Canada 10. Korea https://fr.statista.com/statistiques/553744/classement-pays-puissance-monde-pib/. - For oil consumption things do not seem to have changed that much, if we compare the figures for https://planetoscope.com/petrole/209-.html et https://www.planete-energies.com/fr/medias/chiffres/consommation-mondiale-de-petrole. We end up with something quite disconcerting: 1. France, 2. Germany, 3. China. 4. The United Kingdom. 5. The United States. seemed to lack sense. These figures do not take into account a lot of data that could really make sense of them. We would find France as the biggest producer of wealth. India would only be 5 if it is included in this ranking. It is interesting to make the link between GDP and liter of oil consumed, but the area of ​​the country should be taken into account in order to find a more weighted value. The bigger it, the more it will be suceptible to consume oil, whatever its production. The way in which oil is consumed is also not mentioned in the first post of 2008, which gives not very revealing figures. However, if I took part in the game, it is because I found the idea interesting. If anyone else has other numbers or some other way to calculate, I'd be curious to see the result as well.
0 x