Radioactive waste in our everyday objects

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 19/01/10, 23:54

I do not find any trace of this decree, a little help would be welcome, I came across it:

MOBILIZATION AGAINST THE ADDITION OF RADIOACTIVE SUBSTANCES in CONSUMER GOODS and CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS.

CRIIRAD requests the repeal of the decree of May 5, 2009

- In 2002, two essential guarantees for the protection of the public against the dangers of ionizing radiation were included in the PUBLIC HEALTH CODE (CSP):

o THE PROHIBITION OF ADDING deliberately radioactive substances in food, consumer goods and construction products (cf. article R.1333-2);

o THE PROHIBITION OF USING materials and waste from a nuclear activity - and which are CONTAMINATED or likely to be CONTAMINATED - for the manufacture of consumer goods and construction products (cf. article R.1333- 3).

- On May 5, 2009, an INTERMINISTERIAL ORDER established a procedure for DEROGATION from these prohibitions, a particularly lax procedure. This decree was published despite an UNFAVORABLE OPINION from the Nuclear Safety Authority.

Only five products are excluded from the derogations and protected from radioactive contamination:

1 / food; 2 / cosmetic products; 3 / adornments; 4 / toys; 5 / materials in contact with food and water.

- On July 10, 2009, CRIIRAD sent a RECOURSE to the Council of State for excess of power. The request to cancel the order is based on ARGUMENTS of internal and external legality.

- On November 6, 2009, without waiting for the result of the contentious procedure, the CRIIRAD sent an OPEN LETTER to the 3 competent ministers: Ms. BACHELOT, Minister in charge of health, Ms. LAGARDE, Minister in charge of consumption and Mr. BORLOO, Minister in charge of construction, asking them to revoke the decree of May 5, 2009 without waiting for the outcome of the contentious procedure.

- In addition to these procedures, the CRIIRAD calls on consumers and associations to mobilize and ask the authorities to maintain the prohibitions and repeal the decree of May 5, 2009. MODEL LETTERS are available to all those who wish to participate in the campaign. The recycling of radioactive materials must remain confined to the nuclear sectors (CENTRACO and D'HUART INDUSTRIE), without the possibility of dissemination in the public domain.

See on the CRIIRAD website.

http://www.criirad.org/
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 20/01/10, 00:08

Capt_Maloche wrote:I do not find any trace of this decree, a little help would be welcome

I don't know if it can help you, I found this:
http://www.criirad.org/mobilisation/img/Arretedu5mai2009.pdf
0 x
Sometimes it is better to stop, reflect, and ask the right questions ...
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 20/01/10, 00:13

AAAHH! the way! recorded by CRIIRAD, I distribute the copy

http://www.criirad.org/mobilisation/img ... ai2009.pdf

Stop:
Art. 1st. - The request for exemption referred to in Article R. 1333-5 of the Public Health Code ...

... a document describing the nature of the installation or process at the origin of the addition of radionuclides,
its technical characteristics, its operating principles, the identity of the radionuclides generated or
incorporated by the manufacturing process and their physical, chemical and radiological characteristics,
as well as the means of controlling and monitoring the activity and the measures planned in the event of
abnormal operation;

... The applicant must justify the reasons which lead him to request such a derogation. The applicant will
thus:

- present and justify the advantages of the manufacturing process and / or of the product used, in particular in health, social, economic, scientific or security matters, related to the risks inherent in exposure to ionizing radiation to which the consumer good or the construction product is likely to subject people.
The alternative processes or products to the technique proposed to be implemented and at the origin of the addition of radionuclides should be explained with regard to their advantages and disadvantages.

Justify that people's exposure to ionizing radiation from consumer goods or the construction product is kept at the lowest level that is reasonably possible to achieve, taking into account the state of the art and economic and social factors.

Establish that human exposure to ionizing radiation induced by the consumer good or
construction product can not bring the sum of the doses received beyond the limits set by regulation.

??

Here are the signatories to question Dare Dare, don't know these people
http://www.gouvernement.fr/gouvernement ... -juin-2009

The Minister of Health and Sports,
For the Minister and by delegation:
The Director General
risk prevention,
L.MICHEL

The Minister of State, Minister of Ecology,
energy, sustainable development
and regional planning,
The director of housing,
town planning and landscapes,
E. CREPON

The Minister of the Economy,
industry and employment,
By impediment of the general manager
of competition, of consumption
and the repression of fraud:
Head of Service,
F. AMAND

The Minister of Housing,
The director of housing,
town planning and landscapes,
E. CREPON

When looking for this decree on the Légifrance site, there is no: http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTex ... rieLien=id
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 20/01/10, 00:20

Thank you for this last link, we published at the same time
thanks Swift

So it is in application ???
But it's completely crazy ?? !!!

Quickly relay the info

And who knows the signatories of this decree?
Position, current position, how to reach them
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 20/01/10, 00:36

I think it is no coincidence that the ministers did not sign, given the opinion which I also linked to the Nuclear Safety Authority, which they knew before of course.

I wonder if these people have children and if they will be able to look them in the face for the rest of their lives.
0 x
See you soon !
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 20/01/10, 09:17

Here is the direct link to Légifrance:
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTex ... rieLien=id

I do not believe !!!

Will have to bring in the International Criminal Tribunal for a crime against humanity
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/01/10, 23:15

Is the list of gallows games exhaustive ... ????

Those who do not have the balls to sign these ignominy send their straw men "by delegation" .......

We live in a banana republic for those who doubt it .... : Shock: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 20/01/10, 23:39

I also told myself that the Radon hit was a bit bogus. In fact they were preparing the ground.

Radon = dispersed nuclear waste. Natural radioactivity will go up, that's all ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/10, 13:31

Ah finally the TV media talk about it!

It has just been the subject of a short report on the JT of FR2.

Apparently an appeal has been filed with the Council of State ... you know the "wise men" who canceled the carbon tax ... at least in its first version! So if they let that go ... it's because France has become really nonsense! We still have the government we deserve ...

So I'm not going to remind you of the 1st words of the refrain from our national anthem ... : Cheesy:

I get the report in question in the AM ...
0 x