Radioactive waste in our everyday objects

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/01/10, 02:21

Christophe wrote:Uh sorry but I think it has been practiced for many years ...

The use of contaminated rubble and fill for the construction of roads, parking lots or even buildings / houses had been mentioned

Absolutely, I confirm that in my country too.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 16/01/10, 09:22

This is a big step forward for safety: fluorescent road at night, and self-heating for automatic defrost in winter :frown:

I know, I'm going out : Arrow:
0 x
See you soon !
yannko
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yannko » 16/01/10, 10:17

So I come back to what I said, since we don't know what to do with radioactive waste, we use it for everything and anything (well, let's see).

The guys make profits twice: first they sell electricity with it, and then they sell the waste to construction companies, it's okay : Shock: !

Then we will wonder why in some regions, the cancer rate will increase ... Perhaps we should not be surprised, if :?:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 19/01/10, 13:18

Po serious, after that makes work the pharmaceutical industries.
Treatments and all care against cancer are very expensive.
So everyone is a winner except us because we are sick, the safety hole is widening, which allows us to push us to take complementary (ho weird, I'm amazed !!!) ...

As Coluche said one for all, all rotten ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 19/01/10, 14:14

Little math problem:

Or X (France) with 58 reactors in operation + 12 reactors shut down + 1 on (super) generator + 2 plants in dismantling + 1 plants under construction + 3 storage sites.

1) Calculate how many tonnes of waste will have to be treated (The number of deaths and cancers will be rounded to the nearest 1/100).

2) You will also calculate the time necessary for this dismantling as well as the cost based on a basis of 35 hours / week ....

2 points for each correct answer.

The winner will be entitled to a magnificent toothbrush in depleted Uranium.
: Lol:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 19/01/10, 14:52

SixK wrote:A little law that went unnoticed in May ...

http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actuDet ... 9_actu.Htm

remember to take your geiger counter to go shopping ...

SixK

Radioactive waste in our everyday objects

Since May, a ministerial decree has authorized the use of low-level radioactive waste in the manufacture of everyday consumer goods. Against the opinion of the competent authority.
"Metals, plastics, rubble ... from the dismantling of nuclear installations can be used to manufacture cement or steel. These contaminated products will be used for the construction of houses, cars, boats, bicycles ... ”Director of Criirad (independent association specialized in nuclear), Corinne Castagnier does not do science fiction. She comments on a recent ministerial decree.

A huge challenge for the nuclear industry

This text, published in the Official Journal on May 14, constitutes a derogation from the Public Health Code. It makes it possible to circumvent the ban, taken in 2002, to use radioactive substances in consumer goods and construction products. The Nuclear Safety Authority had nevertheless issued an unfavorable opinion, recalling "France's constant position to avoid diluting waste, in particular by adding it to consumer goods". Contacted yesterday, ASN maintains its position. The four ministries ¯ Health, Ecology, Housing and Economy ¯ overlooked.

The stakes for the nuclear industry are enormous. "With the deconstruction of important installations, such as the Brennilis power station (Finistère), it finds itself in front of mountains of radioactive products which it does not know what to do", indicates the Criirad. We are talking about millions of tonnes of waste to be treated in the coming decades. Finding sites where to store them is not going to be simple and the financial cost will be high (...)

NO BUT IT IS A Joke I HOPE !! ??
WHO DRAWS UP THIS TEXT? I WANT NAMES !!

gegyx wrote: Here, today I received a radiation indicator made in russia.

Radex- RD1706, released in November, manufactured by quarta

In anticipation... 8)

very good this product, because it also takes X-rays in addition to Gamma and Beta, it's been a while that I watch to take 1, it will take that under the asso to mount a surveillance network
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 19/01/10, 14:57

I'm not kidding

You have to find out who wrote that and demand his resignation
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 19/01/10, 22:51

Capt_Maloche wrote:I'm not kidding

There are times when laughter is "nervous" ...

Capt_Maloche wrote:You have to find out who wrote that and demand his resignation

It's like the paragraph on Scientology: it was one paragraph at a time:
- orphan, because no one wrote it;
- invisible, because no one read it before the vote.

I suspect that this decree was written by a dead man, certainly a voter from the XNUMXth district ;-)
0 x
See you soon !
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 19/01/10, 23:03

Rest assured, the WTO is preparing soon to authorize the sale of low-level radioactive food products (supposedly to increase their shelf life in intercontinental transport!).

Like what soon it will no longer be only the hands that will be radioactive but also your intestine ...

By the way, news of those who attack Bachelot in court for endangering and poisoning the masses?

They don't want to increase their sentence with the radioactive question !?
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 19/01/10, 23:36

No but without Dec !!

We must already verify the veracity of this decree N °, date of publication
to your PCs, I want to know more to see where it comes from

just go up the track to find out who thinks that there are too many of us and that we are living too old
0 x