Mini nuclear power plants in the heart of Paris ?!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Philippen
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Mini nuclear power plants in the heart of Paris ?!

by Philippen » 05/07/10, 15:59

Hello everybody

Have some of you heard of this surprisingly small project to build mini-power plants in the heart of Paris in the Halles district? I had this information recently through this report on mini nuclear reactors => http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdu8eu_news
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 05/07/10, 16:23

Hello

a micro-sidewalk organized by people to investigate what people think and know about nuclear power ... and in a subsidiary question, we ask them if they know that a power station must be established in intramural Paris.

of course, hardly anyone can answer the questions, overall an alarmist video to scare the nuclear as much as possible ...

they should have embellished their question by asking the same people if we installed a giant wind turbine near their home, I have the impression that the answers would have been much more clear-cut, personal opinion of course.

jeff
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 05/07/10, 16:55

a concentrate of nonsense ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 05/07/10, 18:58

A "mini" powerhouse? I'm not sure we already have the technology to do this.
We are not in Stargate : Cheesy:
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 05/07/10, 19:33

Forhorse wrote:A "mini" powerhouse? I'm not sure we already have the technology to do this.
We are not in Stargate : Cheesy:

You do not know how right you are!

There have been mini nuclear power plants for a long time, Russian and American (Bill Gates) moreover, want to get into this very dangerous market!

On the other hand, we are not about to see this type of installation in Paris, our policies do not want to take risks (for them)!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 05/07/10, 20:16

Good evening

yet the technology does exist, and is developed, that's for sure, and in France, it already exists, several small units currently in operation ... (overall size no more than the volume of a single-family house)

I'm sure some of you have guessed which units I'm talking about, for others, answers in a while!

jeff
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/07/10, 20:33

The video does not only say aneries but it is deliberately alarmist ... classic speech of the anti nukes ...

A mini nuclear reactor hidden in Paris? Ah ah I don't mind, but we cool it with what? Sewers? : Cheesy:

Again, instead of just moaning, I ask the anti nuke people, and especially the author of the video, what are they heating up and lighting up?

You are against the nuke, ok no problem, but at least stop funding it !!

Another topic on small nuclear reactors: https://www.econologie.com/forums/twr-un-pet ... t9515.html

In "the" navy there are dozens of small nuclear reactors ... and this for 40 to 50 years! It does not pose any problem to reduce the size of a nuclear reactor ... but it inevitably increases the costs ...

The 1st CEA reactor (Zoé) I believe had a power in kW ... 150kW (electric or thermal?) To be precise: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pile_Zo%C3%A9
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 05/07/10, 23:00

Yes, but the navy has everything you need for cooling.
In Paris there is the Seine, but we still depend on a high-flow river.
Even a small submarine reactor, I think you still need a substantial flow of water to cool it.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 05/07/10, 23:28

Well, technologically, no problem, it's even standard in submarines and aircraft carriers.

Question cooling, same thing, a small diversion of the Seine ....

But do you sincerely believe that we could have hidden this from you outside of defense secrets ????
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 05/07/10, 23:47

re

in the basement of the Élysée, for a mini president, there may well be a mini-central ...

Did I say something stupid ?

jeff
0 x