Energy liberalization: the false good idea?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/07/07, 22:57

Woodcutter wrote:Uh ...? The monomur brick, it normally has nothing to do with the cellular concrete ...

Pfff always quibble :)

Ben it's not what I read on different sites ... notament those of this discusion: https://www.econologie.com/forums/maison-en- ... t2897.html
which open out on: http://www.construction.fr/menu/murs-pr ... ruit.phtml

That's good Ytong la ... And there is marked monomur ... (but I never say BRICK ... the monomur appellation is generic to say: wall with integrated insulation?)

Woodcutter wrote:On the other hand, it is a rather poor phonic insulator.

What is not the case of the Ytong ... on paper it seems to have only advantages (except the resistance to compression rather mediocre but for a house is more than enough)

Woodcutter wrote:I hope you know that the roof is the first source of heat leakage to the outside, well before the walls?

Yes but ... the roofs are made of cellular concrete also so I'm not sure that the complementary insulation would bring a real plus, we will see this winter ...

I don't know what this type of construction is called, but glued concrete "beam panels" go up to the ridge. They are placed on a metal frame which obviously remains 100% inside to avoid thermal bridges ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/07/07, 23:59

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Uh ...? The monomur brick, it normally has nothing to do with the cellular concrete ...

Pfff always quibble :)

Well, that! It's not new, you know it well ... : Wink:

Christophe wrote:Ben it's not what I read on different sites ... notament those of this discusion: https://www.econologie.com/forums/maison-en- ... t2897.html
which open out on: http://www.construction.fr/menu/murs-pr ... ruit.phtml

That's good Ytong la ... And there is marked monomur ... (but I never say BRICK ... the monomur appellation is generic to say: wall with integrated insulation?)
If you read this post from January, you will notice that Bolton makes the same confusion as me because he talks about monomur brick of 37.5 cm (and there, he speaks of terracotta ...)

Source of info (for example): Ideas-house site
Aerated concrete
This material is composed of lime, cement, sand and aluminum powder, which in contact with lime, produces small bubbles of hydrogen. It is found under the names Ytong, Thermopierre, Siporex, Hebel ...
It is the masonry building block that offers the best thermal resistance.
It is permeable to water vapor but in practice, cellular concrete, very hydrophilic, must be covered with a waterproof coating, usually impervious to water vapor. Image

Terracotta cell brick
The cell brick has a relatively low thermal resistance but excellent inertia and is permeable to water vapor
Only a brick-cell house will remain almost intact even after suffering a flood
It is found under the names Monomur, Biomur, ... Image

I think that "monomur" refers to terracotta honeycomb brick much more often than cellular concrete. 8)
I did not know Ytong, though.

Concerning the cellular concrete one can reproach him also:
- energy-intensive manufacturing (but less than terracotta, however),
- its recycling difficulties due to the presence of alumina salts

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:I hope you know that the roof is the first source of heat leakage to the outside, well before the walls?

Yes but ... the roofs are made of cellular concrete also so I'm not sure that the additional insulation would bring a real plus, we will see this winter ... [...]
It all depends on the thickness of your insulation on the roof ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/07/07, 00:21

Ah, here are some interesting details. Ytong is the brand that distributes (exclusively or almost) cellular concrete in Belgium ...

For the roof it must be in the 30 cm ...
0 x
Pyvesd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pyvesd » 06/07/07, 20:39

The monomur, much of the terracotta brick, is a name + or - marketing
Cellular concrete actually has better thermal insulation but also th resistance (my father uses it as a support to make c welding with a torch -> without ablation!)
the blocks are bigger, it must be faster to mount a wall

concerning ECD, the official website:
http://www.logement.gouv.fr/article.php ... ticle=6081

but a thread already exists on econology : Cheesy: :
https://www.econologie.com/forums/diagnostic ... t2346.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/12/07, 11:10

for electricity the distribution network is the main element of the price: to coexist several suppliers on the same network is farfelu

it's the same thing as for the phone and internet

true liberalization of electricity: if a factory that does cogeneration and has cheap electricity and wants to sell it directly to the neighbor: is this currently possible?

other liberalization: the owner of a large number of housing that only wants a meter and pay the wholesale electricity, and manage himself even the counter of the tenants: is possible: the gain will not be on the price of l 'energy produced but on the administrative and commercial costs of EDF: the tenant will no longer have to pay a subscription to EDF: maybe the management of the mini network by the owner would be more economical than by EDF?

this idea of ​​micro electric network will be interresting with a good heating by cogeneration: the electricity and the heat will be sold to the tenant without passing by edf
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 09/12/07, 01:08

Very interesting questions, I would be curious answers.

For the 1ere you could learn about the city in Germany that produces its own elec and its own heat from slurry ...?

For the 2e it could be nice for buildings or collocations of people who get along well :)
The world becomes communaitaire, finally for some so pq not go in this direction :D

Dreamer
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 18/03/10, 10:38

I bounce on the subject

TRUE? or FALSE? this story of regulated tariff lost for life if decision to leave to the concurrency of the owner?

And this last info which specifies that the new buildings in 2010 will no longer have access to the regulated tariff of EDF ???

PAs touch TOFF! : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/03/10, 10:41

Info to check but yes the liberalization does not lower the prices that in the theory ... :?

Anyway I think that Europe OBLIGES to liberalization. In 2020 I think we can buy power to any EU producers ... so check!

To read also about PV electricity:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post163041.html#163041
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/03/10, 21:38

The word "liberalization" is a scam, in substance and in form.

On the form, this term supposes:
1 - a competition of enough suppliers so that there is no agreement on prices.
2 - a skill with comparable power among consumers, so that they can exercise a free choice and informed (in terms of electricity, it is the least that we can demand!).

These conditions 2 are obviously not met: it is the few suppliers who set the rules of the game: it would be more than naive to imagine that these rules are not favorable!

In 2008, when the price of oil felt wings, I had in hand a contract proposed by Suez-GDF (GDF, EDF same fight!) Offering a much cheaper KWH guaranteed over a period of 2 years, with a subscription a little more expensive than the tariff agreement, the all automatically renewed at the end of each period, without possibility, obviously back to the agreed rate.
All this is very clear: once hooked up, you pay less over 2 years and if the price trend results in the supplier earning less than expected, he just needs to adjust his prices to catch up. In other words, it's the game of "heads you lose, heads I win"!

Do not forget that the pigeon hunt never closes!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Liberalization of energy: the false good idea?

by moinsdewatt » 01/05/19, 23:49

Total Direct Energy still targets 6 million customers by 2022

AFP published the 26 Apr 2019

The "alternative" energy provider Total Direct Energie recruits 150 000 new customers each month and is still targeting 6 million by 2022, or before, said Friday its leaders.

https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... ant-190426
0 x