Energy liberalization: the false good idea?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
stef5555
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by stef5555 » 03/07/07, 18:24

:| it seems to me that electrabel has already had some problems recently

moreover EDF sells its wholesale kwh quite expensive, if there are few customers with a competitor who has just "set up" there are two solutions either it breaks the figure or it increases its prices (the competitors seem to me t they attacked EDF for that)

for my part I stay at EDF and wait to see what happens with the new operators

:x somebody said that if energy would increase people would pay more attention

: Shock: if it increases considerably, what do I eat at the end of the month ?? : Cry:

:frown: everyone does not earn huge salaries (is not it christophe ?? : Cheesy: ( I'm joking)
0 x
Pyvesd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pyvesd » 04/07/07, 00:33

there is an ongoing survey on boursorama ... result without appeal, newcomers will have trouble ...

(45% remains among the historical ones, 50% are waiting to see the offers, 5% are changing)
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 04/07/07, 10:06

stef5555 wrote: :x somebody said that if energy would increase people would pay more attention

: Shock: if it increases considerably, what do I eat at the end of the month ?? : Cry:

:frown: everyone does not earn huge salaries (is not it christophe ?? : Cheesy: ( I'm joking)

I know that, but today there are tremendous excesses!
An example: In collective heating the (most) people open the windows without turning off the heating. :frown:

If the prices increase, they will perhaps (at least I hope) ask calorimeters (to individualize the consumption of heating) and realize that their behavior has a great influence on their loads ...

On the other hand, not everyone can consume as much as they do in rich countries => energy prices will inevitably increase. Better that this increase be gradual rather than brutal: if we keep the regulated prices below that of the market, there will be a moment when we will have to rectify the situation, and the fall will only be harder.

The previous oil crisis has resulted in drastic savings grace on the rise of its cost! If the price had been controlled by / in the rich countries, their consumption would not have decreased and we would not have much oil today ... and we would have even more CO2 in the atmosphere ...
0 x
Frederic_L
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Frederic_L » 04/07/07, 18:05

indy49 wrote:Personally, I think that liberalization is a good thing If it increases prices ... It's not the idea around me, but the only way to encourage people to save energy is to touch their wallet, and thus to make them pay for electricity at the real price, not at a regulated price ...

And if electricity becomes expensive, it will invest in renewable energy.

I would be willing to pay more for green energy.

I agree.

Christophe wrote:All agreed ... and would you like to think: it would be interesting to see who on this forum has gone green in a few months.

I am returning to France in a few months, I intend to buy "Green" electricity for my new apartment. : Cheesy:

Finally Liberalization is a bad thing for our wallet, but can be a good thing for ecology, it finally gives the choice to the consumer ecological!

I sincerely hope that this green offer will be successful.
0 x
We can not improve what you can not measure - Lord Kelvin
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/07/07, 23:49

I had planned to go to ÉnerCoop at 1er July but my impending move is that I am waiting to be installed in my next home to take the plunge.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/07/07, 23:56

indy49 wrote:
Christophe wrote:[...] I am ready to commit to life to take green electricity, but I do not want to commit to losing half the value of my home ...
Yes, one of the criteria for buying a home will now be:
"are you at the regulated tariff?"
If we are not, the buyer may be afraid ... [...]
The value of your home depends much more surely on its ability to DO NOT consume energy rather than the price of the same energy ... The cheapest energy is the energy that we do not consume!

Conclusion: we must make an effort on insulation! (ecological obviously ...)
0 x
Pyvesd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pyvesd » 05/07/07, 00:31

Woodcutter wrote:The cheapest energy is the one you do not consume!

It is also the cleanest! : Cheesy:

Conclusion: we must make an effort on insulation! (ecological obviously ...)

From + c tax deductible AND for the sorrows who will retort that they do not pay, they will receive a beautiful stamp stamped Trésor Public : Cheesy: :o) : Cheesy:

Recall since Sunday (1 July 07) all rental leases must include an energy balance of housing.

Besides, what is it like? I have to make one ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/07/07, 00:42

Woodcutter wrote:Conclusion: we must make an effort on insulation! (ecological obviously ...)

Bucheron I will disappoint you ... there is no I have not a gram of insulation at home ...answer to the next episode

Otherwise Pyvesd for the energy balance I had heard about it but I thought it was only about the sale of good ... are you on your info?

Because it's a hell of a job to do in the Design Office (Rulian, who worked a bit there, said, I think with reason, that energy diag. In private homes is not really "profitable" ... ) .. Note that would be a good way to fight against the unemployment of young graduates ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 05/07/07, 01:14

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Conclusion: we must make an effort on insulation! (ecological obviously ...)

Bucheron I will disappoint you ... there is no I have not a gram of insulation at home ...answer to the next episode[...]
Grrrrr! :ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/07/07, 01:38

Hihihihihi ....

In fact, I'm fooled ... We have big plates of 100% chemical polystyrene to isolate the solar thermal buffer ...

The sequel to the next shot of foil (ae ca pique)

0 x