Hydrogen fuel liquid, thanks to atmospheric CO2

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Hydrogen fuel liquid, thanks to atmospheric CO2

by jean.caissepas » 04/06/14, 12:21

Transforming hydrogen into a low-flammable liquid: EPFL researchers are bringing the last element to their complete solution to manage the storage and transport of the fuel of the future. Their work is published in "Nature Communications".

Hydrogen is the fuel of the future. But this clean gas, which releases only steam, remains highly explosive. It must be stored and transported under pressure in bulky containers. This not very docile character poses problems of security, logistics and profitability which strongly hamper its use.

The solution may lie in the work of EPFL researchers.

The latter have developed a simple system, based on two chemical reactions: the first transforms hydrogen into a liquid that is easily storable and less flammable than gasoline – formic acid – while the second does exactly the opposite. and releases hydrogen. Thus transformed, the gas can be stored simply and without risk. Another possible application: using atmospheric CO2, responsible for the greenhouse effect, to synthesize many chemical products.

Very interesting article for the storage of energy in liquid H2 ...

Link : http://www.enerzine.com/14/17351+lhydrogene-devient-un-carburant-liquide-grace-au-co2-atmospherique+.html
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 04/06/14, 15:35

The subject was broached 3 years ago almost to the day in This thread.

The only novelty seems it concerns the improvement of the synthesis of formic acid.
0 x
Alona123
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Alona123 » 10/09/14, 07:16

yes but it is the Council of State, EDF can only obey ...

That said EDF has other tips, the consumption estimates. This year EDF sent us the invoice on estimate for the EJP conso. A little more than 2000 kW while our consumption evolves around 230 ...

After a phone call, they are ready to correct it by recalculating it on the actual indexes.

It makes a bunch of money unduly collected even if there is regularization every 6 months. During all these months, the money works for EDF not for the client. : Lol: :D : Mrgreen:
0 x
Pass your mybraindumps.net exam exams in first try by using our Bloomfield College wireless & HP tutorials