Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

by ABC2019 » 02/06/21, 12:10

Rajqawee wrote:To answer you honestly, I don't see their approach as similar.

JMC has the approach that I think you know: he thinks that the IPCC's calculations / estimates / models / theories are globally relevant and therefore that the risks announced are both serious and probable enough for it to be interesting. take care of it.
He then suggests finding the best compromise between a rapid reduction in emissions and the possible impacts on our societies (comfort, lifestyle, globalization yourself, you know).
It is therefore a fairly "classic" approach: observation-> analysis-> decision

it's a realistic approach but I wonder what figures he adopts to calculate that, since he does not even agree with a Nobel Prize in economics to quantify it ...

https://jancovici.com/publications-et-c ... le-climat/

so ok in principle, but you still have to have good data ...
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 02/06/21, 15:59

ABC2019 wrote:
it's a realistic approach but I wonder what figures he adopts to calculate that, since he does not even agree with a Nobel Prize in economics to quantify it ...

https://jancovici.com/publications-et-c ... le-climat/

so ok in principle, but you still have to have good data ...

Ben .... I think you understood the meaning of his article about the Nobel Prize: he does not agree on the entire model presented (which is an economic model)

But the meaning of JMC's interventions is not really - when you read between the lines "to say:" I found the solution: we must do that. "

Above all, he already proposes to share the observation and then to think about what we want to implement. He is also evolving in some of his positions according to new data, proof that he is not (at least not completely) in ideology.
0 x
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 02/06/21, 17:44

ABC2019 wrote:Between the great gurus, I get lost a bit myself, are Aurélien Barrau and Jean Marc Jancovici saying the same thing, and if not, which one is right and which is wrong?

I don't know Aurélien Barrau very well. I saw a small intervention and I remembered that he was mainly interested in biodiversity, and worked more with emotion than with facts.
He feels that everything is wrong and that everything should be changed. I did not see what had to be done in replacement, but I remembered that it was necessary to impose the change. It does not explain how voters will vote for those who propose to impose blood and tears on them.

JMJ is in the mode
- This is what the researchers are measuring (CO2, warming, lifetime of CO2 in the atmosphere, fossil reserves, etc.)
- Given the curves, it would be necessary to change the current trends, and to consume less.
- We do not take the path.
- It is likely that we will only reduce our consumption when we are forced to do so by the looming energy scarcity.

JMJ, from what I learned, does not develop the reasons why, according to him, we will slow down our consumption only too late, under duress.

That is, AB and JMJ are not interested in the human behaviors that make us know that we are going into the wall, but we continue anyway without braking. I gave this link to one of my pages, where I explain my point of view on this issue.
Trade purchasing power for free time?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/06/21, 17:50

(Missing more than him ... As nobody goes on his blog to the nut any more, he comes to advertise here ...)
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 02/06/21, 17:52

realistic ecology wrote:That is, AB and JMJ are not interested in the human behaviors that make us know that we are going into the wall, but we continue anyway without braking. I gave this link to one of my pages, where I explain my point of view on this issue.
Trade purchasing power for free time?

I have the impression that both are mostly unaware that most of the growth in energy consumption of the last twenty years has not come from the big rich who vacation in the Bahamas but from the very poor who have become a little less poor by accessing a decent standard of living. And who wipe their hearts out ... with our little moods of well-fed Westerners ...

0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/06/21, 17:54

(Bozo carries on the ladle of bullshit! Always this beautiful ignorant superficiality that gives him a cracked varnish falling to the ground like so many dandruff from a hyper seborrheic skull ...)
2 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 02/06/21, 17:56

GuyGadeboisLeRetour »02/06/21, 17:54
(Bozo carries on the ladle of bullshit! Always this beautiful ignorant superficiality that gives him a cracked varnish falling to the ground like so many dandruff from a hyper seborrheic skull ...)
beautiful and realistic image! : Cheesy:
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 02/06/21, 18:02

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:(Bozo carries on the ladle of bullshit!

I spoke of growth, therefore of variation, not of the level reached. Obviously, Western countries consume more per capita than poor countries, but the growth potential is in poor countries, so if we want to stop this growth, they will be the first to suffer.
Apart from that the CO2 emissions per capita are misleading because they do not take into account the CO2 imported or exported. For oil-producing countries that are at the top of the table, it is dominated by emissions from the oil industry that they resell to the whole planet, it is quite unfair to attribute them to them. If you correct imports-exports the picture is quite different (and France less virtuous than it seems!)
0 x

ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 02/06/21, 18:03

Janic wrote:GuyGadeboisLeRetour »02/06/21, 17:54
beautiful and realistic image! : Cheesy:

oh yes we can see that his holidays have pumped him up to the max, but it's like with you: "To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure." : Mrgreen:
0 x

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 02/06/21, 18:04

(Bozo: I said it again but not really said, while saying something else, something that once again you did not understand ...)
0 x