Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

by eclectron » 26/10/20, 10:15

izentrop wrote:Did you listen at 22:15 p.m. to the German bypass initiative he is proposing? It is interesting to get us out of the brambles.

Obamot wrote:The brambles are extractivism. Think about it.
It's not false !

At the moment I'm not in the mood ...
Disappointment with the progress of the world outweighs the enthusiasm to try to influence it.
I am medicated in a way… must say that I have just taken myself 1 more years!
too many idiots? that would be too simplistic.
In fact, society does not have the structure (direct democracy?) To tackle problems calmly and healthily.
Not everyone has the same level of information.
So the world is a big mess that I don't want to participate in at the moment, I prefer to plant trees.

Claudia Kemfert is a croissantist, therefore an extractivist, while Janco is not.
Janco understood the Meadows report to the Club of Rome for a long time.
You don't have to be a genius to understand it: infinite growth in a finite world and we have the answer.
Claudia Kemfert is not at all in this logic, she is not realistic, she is an economist ……. : Mrgreen:
That's why we should take the time to educate the masses and the "elites" on the real issues, on the real reality and have a real democratic debate on the subject of energy (among others)
In other words, mission impossible as long as caught in the cogs of the current economy (profitable) and its science of entertainment (bearable).

So yes for the little tour of Europe that Janco has already proposed but with a purpose other than extraticvism: simple survival with a level of comfort that is not that of the Stone Age.
But it is not a very "salesman" slogan! : Lol:
3 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 01/11/20, 21:11

Climate change and the energy issue of the 21st century.
3 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 04/11/20, 20:24

1 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 11/11/20, 14:24

a new follower : Wink:

Who does not dream of being autonomous in energy! We believed that it would be possible to be without changing our way of life.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/11/20, 15:09

I have seen it but even though its approach seems correct, I am extremely disappointed with its omissions.

For example, he does not talk about thermodynamic solar energy, the physicist Jean-Pierre Petit says that power stations of this type could very well be operated in deserts and even in France, according to him, it would suffice to increase the surfaces of the parabolas a little.

In reality we have here again a political problem. Thermodynamics is the future, we cannot help but come to it sooner or later ... Better sooner than too late ....

Hydrogen the same ... Jancovici says that to produce hydrogen it consumes as much energy as what it then releases .... It's true. But this is to completely omit that solar energy (thermodynamics) is an inexhaustible, credible and free source (except for operating costs), so we don't really care about “how much solar energy it takes to produce this hydrogen.. ”. Energy which anyway is lost if it is not used ...

He also fails to say that nuclear power is above all “military”.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/20, 15:26

All is said:

Finally, in this video we have a very good REASON for the lasting COVID crisis!
Jean-Marc even speaks of restriction of freedom!

JM PRESIDENT, JM PRESIDENT!! : Cheesy:
2 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/11/20, 16:34

We are faced with a dilemma, because the solution exists through thermodynamic solar energy, the only heavy industry capable of supplying fossil fuels with the potential mass of immediately available energy (on condition of building power plants and making friends with the countries North Africa, Syria, Turkey : Mrgreen: )

Only if we do that, the rest of the resource depletion will be postponed ....
At the same time, the covid-19 crisis is only a foretaste of what hangs in our face if we do nothing ...

But still no political will on the horizon to do anything (or in such a timid way)

Desolate human species, unable to do “better” than “management by crisis”And having elected incompetent ...

Yes indeed, JM PRESIDENT, or at the head of an ad hoc plan to get humanity out of its dead end.
JM at Forum Economy of Davos, to begin with.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/11/20, 18:20

Obamot wrote:We are faced with a dilemma, because the solution exists through thermodynamic solar energy, the only heavy industry capable of supplying fossil fuels with the potential mass of immediately available energy (on condition of building power plants and making friends with the countries North Africa, Syria, Turkey : Mrgreen: )

Did you fall into the Desertec pot when you were little?
But why, if it is so interesting, the countries potentially concerned, with very rare exceptions, do not deploy thermodynamic solar power plants en masse to meet their own needs in the first place?
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 23/11/20, 19:18

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Obamot wrote:We are faced with a dilemma, because the solution exists through thermodynamic solar energy, the only heavy industry capable of supplying fossil fuels with the potential mass of immediately available energy (on condition of building power plants and making friends with the countries North Africa, Syria, Turkey : Mrgreen: )

But why, if it is so interesting, the countries potentially concerned, with very rare exceptions, do not deploy thermodynamic solar power plants en masse to meet their own needs in the first place?

Already thermodynamic solar energy is not in the best position to export something. Photovoltaics are better placed to produce H2, NH3 or CH4.
Take countries in from West to East
- Morocco: large power plant in Noor
- Algeria: oil / gas lobby
- Tunisia: lack of resources + small country
- Libya: oil / gas lobby
- Egypt: it could but it does not
- Gulf countries: oil / gas lobby apart from the UAE
- Turkey: the click did not take place. It does everything to recover the last m3 of gas at sea.

Conclusion: it's not won (and that's why Desertec has remained in the boxes)
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 23/11/20, 19:24

ENERC wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:

Already thermodynamic solar energy is not in the best position to export something. Photovoltaics are better placed to produce H2, NH3 or CH4.
Take countries in from West to East
- Morocco: large power plant in Noor
- Algeria: oil / gas lobby
- Tunisia: lack of resources + small country
- Libya: oil / gas lobby
- Egypt: it could but it does not
- Gulf countries: oil / gas lobby apart from the UAE
- Turkey: the click did not take place. It does everything to recover the last m3 of gas at sea.

Conclusion: it's not won (and that's why Desertec has remained in the boxes)

That does not prevent, Norway produces all its electricity by renewables while exporting its gas and oil, and is doing very well, so your explanation must not be the right one.
1 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)