Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Remundo

Re: Jean-Marc Jancovici is it a con?

by Remundo » 22/06/20, 22:02

I cleaned up some kids.

Be adults, it really looks like a kindergarten class.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 22/06/20, 22:07

Remundo wrote:Be adults

0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 05/07/20, 17:05

1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/07/20, 17:52

I note with amusement that Jancovici adapted his speech, he now uses the old arguments of his detractors to recover the substantial marrow in order to put his audience to sleep (the need for recourse to the nuclear industry to guarantee the supply, is well sure strongly in the background behind ... the ambush in the making is palpable ....)
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 05/07/20, 17:54

I never trusted this guy. A feeling like that from the start.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/07/20, 18:43

At the risk of repeating myself, Janco has implacable starting diagnoses, he is a good communicator, nice.

But it rolls for the nuclear industry. Too much even. Although in this program, he did not tackle the subject.

There is still an inflection in Janco's speech, what he calls contraction (or decay).
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/07/20, 19:38

That's what I say, this inflection places nuclear power even more as an essential solution (even though Germany and Switzerland are developing all kinds of solutions for an energy mix to get out of it ...) he is a man the past!

What I criticize for the current strategies, it is for example to propose to the consumers of the electric vehicles whereas even the development of the catchments (photovoltaic solar, and thermodynamic) is lagging behind the growing needs ... That can give arguments to the nuclear industry. The question is: is it incompetence or a deliberate maneuver (we see the sustained infiltration of lobbyists who have infiltrated even into decision-making spheres in public health matters, no reason why it is not the same in the energy ... Jancovici brandishing the spectrum of security of supply shortage in the idea of ​​reducing our comfort, what he calls “contraction” which is none other than that expressed otherwise ... ) but indeed, it should be noted ...
0 x
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yves35 » 05/07/20, 22:18

Good evening,

Remundo wrote:At the risk of repeating myself, Janco has implacable starting diagnoses, he is a good communicator, nice.

But it rolls for the nuclear industry. Too much even. Although in this program, he did not tackle the subject.

There is still an inflection in Janco's speech, what he calls contraction (or decay).

He already spoke of contraction (in the physical sense, not monetary) in the past ex: in 2014 (and probably well before, not sought):
https://jancovici.com/transition-energe ... en-hausse/
In addition, he regularly insists that long studies for all, the level of pensions, the health system, etc. are correlated with the level of energy consumption. The "true ecologists" only retain his non-condemnation of nuclear power (choose your comrade camp ...)

yves
3 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact
phil12
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by phil12 » 05/07/20, 22:28

Bonsoir
Janco, speaks above all and has always been about reducing consumption of all kinds, his detractors make bashing easy because instead of having a silly green bisinours vision, he focuses on figures and real situations, in order to find transition levers in which nuclear energy is part of for want of a miracle solution, since no one wants to make the actual upstream sobriety efforts prior to a tangible result!
0 x
Sustainable energy consulting for construction
http://www.philippeservices.net/
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/07/20, 23:01

Phil12: it is difficult to have a (pseudo) scientific discourse, while being a lobbyist ...
This is precisely what fairs in lobbying in Brussels, you have 700 parliamentarians from the EU and around a hive of 25 lobbyists (according to the figures, but which probably represents much more, and even more if you count stewardship (their secretaries and others) ... Each deputy is therefore on average in contact with 000 lobbyists ...
With this debauchery of means, there must be some who are specialized in the “infection” of forums no?

yves35 wrote:The "true ecologists" only retain his non-condemnation of nuclear power (choose your camp, comrade ...)

yves

Yes, but you advertise him and the pro-nuclear lobby that pays him ... strange ...
0 x