Impunity of a killer: Diesel diesel

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Impunity of a killer: Diesel diesel

by Bibiphoque » 10/03/06, 15:10

Hello,
By chance, I came across these files:
http://fractales.inria.fr/~louchet/perso/diesel.html
What to think about it? : Shock:
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/03/06, 15:22

EDIT since the other is closed.
Last edited by Woodcutter the 11 / 03 / 06, 00: 09, 1 edited once.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 10/03/06, 17:31

No, the duplicate is closed, it's good to discuss it here.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 10/03/06, 17:37

On the parliamentary report proposed by Bucheron here they talk about generalizing the FAP to all diesel because it would be really effective.
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 10/03/06, 18:16

Well on this one, I have rather narrow opinions and blinders as they say on the forum of futura-science.
I fell into this same discussion with the same article denouncing the misdeeds of diesel.
And there, I saw myself opposed to fervent defenders of diesel seeking everywhere to promote, diesel precisely.
They didn't convince me, neither did I
For me the diesel remains and will remain harmful. : Mrgreen:
it could, and I trust my nose, it's the best analyzer.
In short, I don't like the way in which some French people tend to systematically swallow what the government announces.
Putting filters and things, pots etc ... it doesn't change the problem, the real problem is that we have to find alternative solutions to petroleum, like hvb for example.
I say, don't believe what the senna is saying.
All means are good to prevent other better ways to emerge.
the catalytic converter was supposedly excellent, etc ... blablabla
In short, it did not improve things much.
So even if I pass for someone with blinders, I don't care.
I have my nose left, and my nose, he tells me, it could have been gas oil, so if my nose he says that it could, it's not for nothing, and I prefer to trust my instinct, it may seem stupid , but I leave it there.
Rapeseed oil in the cart smells like fried food, and my nose doesn't say it could : Mrgreen:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 10/03/06, 22:32

two-seal : Arrow:

It's very funny, when it is you who proposes this subject, there are not the same reactions as when it is me! (see the subject :: "DIESEL: and if we spoke again about it").

Even this rather well sent sentence provokes a reaction:

For me the diesel remains and will remain harmful.
it could, and I trust my nose, it's the best analyzer
... by paldeolien. : Mrgreen:

Former oceano : Arrow:

The parliamentary report states:

For diesel engine it is provided a division by five of particulate emissions. This can lead to some overconsumption, even if Mr. BELOT is optimistic about the performance of PSA technology.

There is also a difference between gasoline and diesel engines in terms of NOx emission. There is a one to three relationship between the maximum allowable emission for diesel and gasoline. The text says that this situation will not last, however, at present, It is recognized that technologies of the DeNOx type will not yet be technically developed in 2010. Regarding the diesel engine, in addition to the previous presentation by Mr. André DOUAUD, we can see good behavior in terms of CO2 emissions, but on the other hand, there is still an effort to be made in terms of pollutant emissions.

For particles, a study said that very fine particles that pass through the FAP are also very dangerous because they are not filtered by human natural "filters" and go deep into the lungs.

It is planned ...... not developed in 2010 ............. effort to be made on the emission of pollutants ..... a lot of "it would take".

For CO2 we agree from the start that the emission is lower, but is this really a sufficient reason to accept being suffocated on the ground ?.

And finally, why does France refuse the HVB solution for diesels when Europe says OK? :?: :?: :?:

I also found this that I had kept in a file:

The ECOMOBILE fair in Lyon is the show that demonstrates the delay accumulated by French manufacturers for the marketing of ecological vehicles without petroleum or petroleum by-products such as LPG. Apart from electric bikes and electric scooters, there is a vacuum.
During this time, a majority of outlawed vehicles are exhibited at the Lyon auto show, which drive well above authorized speeds and which pollute more and more. We are replacing a car from the same range with a new, larger, larger, heavier model, which therefore pollutes more ... including at hybrid vehicle manufacturers. You just have to read the labels on the CO2 emission rate per kilometer to realize this and remember that diesel in France is responsible for the death of almost 10000 people a year because of the fine particles emitted by HDI evolution. The FAP is only there to correct a problem such as a bandage on a wooden leg. Finally, remember that France is the only (rich) country in the world that is a victim of urban noise pollution from diesel cars. A diesel car going so far as to make more noise outside the passenger compartment than inside it "the height of selfishness".
Waiting, the money engulfed in the diesel sector due to the misuse of an absurd tax prevents France from developing new technologies such as electric traction using EDF's night production capacity and the use of the fuel cell as additional autonomy.
We expect the government to strictly enforce laws passed in the field of ecology (example: Rate of equipment of the administration with ecological vehicles) and our deputies to quickly regulate the power of cars and to tax vehicles by their actual pollution (construction, use, recycling) under the "polluter pays" rule.
Finally, It would be time to end in Europe with the rule imposed by Germany to defend large sedans whose construction is supposedly justified by the non-speed limit on German motorways, a position that is tasked in a Germany that claims to be green.

Even LPG is on the hot seat in this article!
Last edited by jean63 the 10 / 03 / 06, 23: 14, 3 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

impunity of a killer: diesel

by denis » 10/03/06, 23:11

an epidemiologist doctor (not on writing) said: the catalytic converters are a big progress, they avoid infections and lung cancer; unfortunately these harmful particles no longer spread against the walls of the lungs, but pass in blood causing leukemia ... :? Hello progress !!! this applies to diesel but also to petrol.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/03/06, 00:12

jean63 wrote:two-seal : Arrow:

It's very funny, when it is you who proposes this subject, there are not the same reactions as when it is me! [...]
I'm not used to spilling over forums repeating the same thing everywhere ...
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/03/06, 00:16

Paldeolien wrote:[...] For me the diesel remains and will remain harmful. : Mrgreen:
[...]
Rapeseed oil in the cart smells like fried food, and my nose doesn't say it could : Mrgreen:
A little schizophrenic your speech, right? :?:

Knowing that it is the same engine that burns diesel and / or oil, do you consider that it is good or not, at the end of your reflection?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 11/03/06, 00:22

jean63 wrote:[...] For the particles, a study said that the very fine particles which pass through the FAP are also very dangerous because not filtered by the natural "filters" human and go deep into the lungs. [...] ]
Apparently, this point is debatable since the filters stop a fraction of all particles, not just above of a certain size.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"