Heat wave: decrease in nuclear production

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Heat wave: decrease in nuclear production

by sicetaitsimple » 25/08/20, 21:51

Christophe wrote:Ok I understood the lesson! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I throw in the towel! You have understood anything, but do your own thing ..... I do not know if this limit of 1 ° exists (no source cited), but if it does exist it is on the upstream-downstream heating of the Meuse, not on the heating between sampling and rejection.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/20, 23:29

I took the 1 ° C given above ... but you must have the current value since you work in nuclear : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

If it is, it is higher in this topic ... we had already talked about it and it seems that the value is low.

I have just shown that the flow of the Meuse of 22 m3 was insufficient because overall it was heating up from 1 ° C to 1% of residual power ... that's not anything!

So instead of saying that the others are talking nonsense ... you could have checked and corrected me if necessary ... that's how we go ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/20, 23:31

Christophe wrote:If it is, it is higher in this topic ... we had already talked about it and it seems that the value is low.

1st page ... 1st message ... value of 2006 ...

As the cooling water is discharged into the Scheldt after use, it cannot reach a temperature of more than 33 degrees.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/20, 23:43

In France, the temperature of the discharges is generally limited to 30 ° C by article 31 of the decree of 2 February 199826. In the case of nuclear power plants, the thresholds are set on a case-by-case basis in the order setting the limits for discharges into the environment of liquid and gaseous effluents from each installation.

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eau_de_re ... thermiques

source: http://callendar.climint.com/wp-content ... ation.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/08/20, 23:45

In fact it's much more than I thought 28 ° or 30 ° after mixing ... when will the nuclear thermal baths be? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

And 2 or 3 ° C delta ...

So the flow rate in operation is indeed much greater than 6 m3 / s ... since the admissible temperatures after mixing are high and the delta low ... and the Meuse is not that hot naturally ... and that its flow is not very important ...

Chooz-B (3.0GW)

Thermal waste
The limit values ​​applicable to thermal discharges under normal climatic conditions are set at:
28 ° C for the daily average temperature of the Meuse downstream after mixing;
3 ° C for the average daily heating of the Meuse between upstream and downstream of the discharge.
However, if the natural temperature of the Meuse exceeds 26 ° C on a daily average at the water intake and within the limit of five days per year from May to September inclusive, the limit values ​​applicable to thermal discharges are set at:
30 ° C for the daily average temperature of the Meuse downstream after mixing;
2 ° C for the average daily heating of the Meuse between upstream and downstream of the discharge.

So ? Happy? : Cheesy:

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTe ... rieLien=id
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 26/08/20, 18:02

Christophe wrote:I took the 1 ° C given above ... but you must have the current value since you work in nuclear : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I worked, as a subcontractor, for several years in a nuclear power plant in the 90s.
I learned a lot of things from talking with EDF technicians and other subcontractor technicians.

For example, about 90% of the water is recovered in all aero-refrigerants. The clouds that we see only correspond to 10% of the water in the tertiary circuit (which cools the secondary circuit containing the turbine and the alternator).
These 10% are water "lost" for the river but do not participate in its warming.

These towers are often present on power plants with more than 2 reactors, because they are essential to respect the maximum 1 ° increase in the temperature of the river (taken at a certain distance after the power plant so that the water is mixed.
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/22, 10:26

A heat wave is announced for next week... already the nuclear fleet is strongly stopped at the moment it seems to me...

0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/06/22, 11:40

Christophe wrote:A heat wave is announced for next week... already the nuclear fleet is strongly stopped at the moment it seems to me...
The nuc is especially essential during periods of frost, the summer the needs are less crucial except if the air conditionings multiply as in China.

And then they would be affected for environmental and not security reasons. Air coolers discharge the heated water into the atmosphere, so little impact on waterways https://www.irsn.fr/FR/Actualites_press ... 072020.pdf
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/22, 12:29

izentrop wrote:unless air conditioning is increasing like in China

And in your opinion, what does the average French CON Sommelier do to fight against heat waves? : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/06/22, 13:12

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:unless air conditioning is increasing like in China
And in your opinion, what does the average French CON Sommelier do to fight against heat waves? : Mrgreen:
we are still far from consuming as much as in heating, so no worries for the nuc : Wink:
Air conditioning represents approximately 6% of electricity consumption in France; against more than 40% for electric heating.
https://www.cacheclimatisation.com/clim ... %202017%20).
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"