Coal gas, new energy source?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
sarra83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Coal gas, new energy source?

by sarra83 » 08/07/15, 12:46

A new energy source will soon be operated in France This is the coal gas. The French Energy (formerly EGL) intends to deploy its first industrial and commercial platform 2017. They argue that gas is an ecological and economic advantage for France. A follow especially the operating license filed by the Company have not yet been signed by the Ministry of Ecology.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/07/15, 21:48

again ??? this is new for a long time! town gas there over 150ans was done by coal pyrolysis in gasworks ... there were in all the cities

these factories were complicated and powerful: it was the gasworks! Now the expression gas plant designated a complicated thing and nobody really knows what the gasworks

the ancient books of the era of the gas plant are very instructive: there are a multitude of practical information on what worked in the era tank completely and can now
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 09/07/15, 13:08

There is a mistake! This "coal gas", a new way, is not manufactured: it is a recovery project , gas associated with coal, gas explosion feared.
See hereFor more clarification ...
What is great, if one believes Sarra83, It is what it is more ecological, it's really small varnish! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/07/15, 21:52

bin yes it wrong for me ... coal gas is when one turns the gas in coal

exploitation of methane coming out of the coal mine that's great! This methane gas explosion or out anyway! if used for other hydrocarbon and economise on the balance is positive ... if we do nothing it will methane gas explosion in the atmosphere to serve as a greenhouse gas
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 09/07/15, 22:58

indeed, this coal gas very misnamed... This is the fire damp (methane degassing of coal, with a little CO2) ...

Coal gas comes from a coal pyrolysis, producing a very impure gases (CO, H2, methane, ethane ...) but fuel.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/07/15, 07:35

Chatelot, you write:
this methane, or gas explosion, sort of anyway!

No! While it is true that for a long time, during processing of the plant deposits more or less evolved carbon, methane clearances occurred, nowadays this gas comes in three stable forms in the coalfields:
- Part of which is in the free state, located in fractures and macropores of the rock, but at a very low pressure
- Most of which is present in the adsorbed state, in the micropores or the interstices of coal; the adsorption can also involve rocks surrounding the coal seam.
- In the dissolved state in the water contained within the reservoir.

The extraction methods are similar to those used for shale gas, although the use of hydraulic fracturing is imperative for some deposits, it is exceptional to exploit the gas without stimulation to induce desorption of methane...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/07/15, 08:23

indeed,

these Messieurs les Gaziers speak of "drilling", but do not explain the rest very well: if it is a simple aspiration of methane which is kind enough to be in a gallery ... I fear that the volumes are low.

Will they go stimulate coal to accelerate the desorption of gas explosion?

In addition, the gas explosion stroke can still occur if the atmospheric air down in the mine (not ventilated long time, and even if this is the case, never safe from a pocket of gas that is released) .

And it is still good old fossil fuel, very "warming", either by CH4 lost during extraction, or CO2 after combustion.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/07/15, 22:28

In my previous post, I brought the answers to your question: the extraction of gas in a simple way corresponds only very few deposits (and not in a gallery that is located on gas), most of the time, it is necessary to stimulate desorption by injecting CO2, which has a stronger affinity with coal and thus replaces the methane it frees; other substances may also be used but, for difficult cases, only the hydraulic fracturing remains effective (though it is not envisaged in France for the moment).

Which closest exploitation of methane that shale gas is the horizontal drilling technique for exploring a larger volume and maximize production.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/07/15, 23:02

Ahmed Indeed, there are many technical 2.

1) The passive recovery
2) Recovery by stimulation (hydraulic fracturing)

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaz_de_co ... _de_couche
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/07/15, 09:57

if CO2 is effective to remove the methane from coal is boring!

the CO2 will not pollute water bodies

the problem of hydraulic fracturing of shale that's not water, it's the cochonerie we put with to get gas: type detergent

if CO2 is effective with coal it may be possible to do with hydraulic fracturing simply CO2 and water
0 x