Gas is the fuel that emits the least CO2

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Gas is the fuel that emits the least CO2

by sicetaitsimple » 21/02/20, 19:36

You have a real problem of understanding what is a price of the gas molecule and what is a price of the gas transported, distributed, taxed to your home.
Yes, one MWh of gas delivered to your home is worth around 60 to 70 €, with a price of the molecule of 10, 12 or 15 € approximately.
But the same from biomethane, it would be worth around 130 € .... because the molecule is worth about 70 € more.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/02/20, 19:51

sicetaitsimple wrote:You have a real problem of understanding what is a price of the gas molecule and what is a price of the gas transported, distributed, taxed to your home.
Yes, one MWh of gas delivered to your home is worth around 60 to 70 €, with a price of the molecule of 10, 12 or 15 € approximately.
But the same from biomethane, it would be worth around 130 € .... because the molecule is worth about 70 € more.

This is not what emerges from what I read but let's admit that it is true. The more biogas we produce on our territory, the more the prices will drop.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/02/20, 20:34

GuyGadebois wrote:[This is not what emerges from what I read but let's admit that it is true. The more biogas we produce on our territory, the more the prices will drop.

Bah you really did not understand anything .... The more biomethane we produce and the more the prices will increase for gas consumers, unless it is hidden under the carpet by various and varied contributions. I reassure you, c is already the case!

Electricity is a good example: the CSPE increased (insufficiently, but it was a ceiling) by € 3 / MWh per year for support for renewables, until Ségolène then Minister decided that it was enough! And hop, under the carpet, the necessary increases drowned in the general budget!

Lowering prices is not a problem if we find cash elsewhere in a slightly less visible way than in the adventure of the CSPE.

The Germans at least have a clearer approach from this point of view. It costs so much, and consumers pay so much, throughout the year. This partly explains why they pay about twice as much for their electricity as individuals.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/02/20, 20:39

sicetaitsimple wrote:The Germans at least have a clearer approach from this point of view. It costs so much, and consumers pay so much, throughout the year. This partly explains why they pay about twice as much for their electricity as individuals.

I am for. In France, the price of nuclear kWh is wrong and we are indirectly paying billions to continue to hit the wall. For biogas on the other hand, it will be like for wind power, it will only decrease. See you in 5 years to talk about it again. I note that I did not understand anything but that above all, you do not give any reliable source indicating the price per "molecule".
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/02/20, 20:58

GuyGadebois wrote: I note that I did not understand anything but that above all, you do not give any reliable source indicating the price per "molecule".

Should I come and hold it for you to pee?
The prices of the gas molecule are available on all official websites, such as EEX for continental Europe.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/02/20, 21:08

sicetaitsimple wrote:Yes, one MWh of gas delivered to your home is worth around 60 to 70 €
But the same from biomethane, it would be worth around 130 € ....

And where is the "8 times more expensive"?
Regarding my hold, calm your joy, I do not eat this bread there.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/02/20, 21:12

GuyGadebois wrote:[
Regarding my hold, calm your joy, I do not eat this bread there.

Bah seeks from the sources that I have pointed out to you, in addition I have no desire to hold it for you!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/02/20, 21:16

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:[

Well ...

60 8 x = 480
70 8 x = 560
One moment must be consistent!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/02/20, 21:36

GuyGadebois wrote:Well ...

60 8 x = 480
70 8 x = 560
One moment must be consistent! [/ Quote]

??
I'm talking about the price of the molecule, biomethane vs imported gas. Transport, distribution, storage, regazeification, taxes are other costs which are more or less fixed and which will be passed on to the consumer's final bill. gas whatever the origin of the molecule.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/02/20, 21:41

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:I'm talking about the price of the molecule, biomethane vs imported gas. Transport, distribution, storage, regazeification, taxes are other costs which are more or less fixed and which will be passed on to the consumer's final bill. gas whatever the origin of the molecule.

Are you an industrialist or a consumer? If you're the second, you don't care about the gross price of imported gas. What matters is your bill and taxes. Besides, when I take Biogas at the pump, I pay more for it than the other.
0 x