Gas is the fuel that emits the least CO2

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Gas is the fuel that emits the least CO2

by sicetaitsimple » 21/02/20, 22:07

GuyGadebois wrote:[. Besides, when I take Biogas at the pump, I pay more for it than the other.

Misfortune! How much difference?

PS: physically, they are exactly the same.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 21/02/20, 22:17

sicetaitsimple wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:[. Besides, when I take Biogas at the pump, I pay more for it than the other.

Misfortune! How much difference?

PS: physically, they are exactly the same.

Ps: I know.
The difference is (from memory) between 10 and 15 Ct per kilo. Without warranty.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 23/02/20, 14:27

GuyGadebois wrote:Explaining that Co2 is falling in the USA with a graph that stops in 2015 while Co2 increased by 3.1% between 2017 and 2018 in this same country is a big lie. : Cheesy:

I have presented to you a curve which shows a clear trend.
You answer by showing a point that deviates from the curve, and proud like Artaban you bulge your chest by pretending that the point is worth more than the curve ...
What blindness! I don't know if it can be treated.
In another discussion (Gas is the fuel that emits the least CO2) I had already pointed out that you did not make the difference between a particular case and a global reality, that for you all it takes is a swallow to have spring.
You confirm here that for you a point makes a curve.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/02/20, 15:11

realistic ecology wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:Explaining that Co2 is falling in the USA with a graph that stops in 2015 while Co2 increased by 3.1% between 2017 and 2018 in this same country is a big lie. : Cheesy:

I have presented to you a curve which shows a clear trend.

A drop in Co2 because less coal is burned, an increase in methane (hydraulic fracturing with losses, various leaks) that has gone unnoticed ... Not to mention the melting of permafrost. Always so dishonest. Co2 emissions are steadily increasing on earth, plus the deleterious effect of methane, which is also steadily increasing. Your curves are shit that doesn't take reality into account.
Reality is that:
A study published in 2015 estimated that the Barnett shale region in north Texas lost 544 tonnes of methane per year due to leaks for a reasonable leak rate of 000%. This is equivalent to 1,5 million tonnes of CO46, more than states like Nevada or Connecticut.
And that:
So your lies, you keep them for your climatosceptic drinking buddies.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/02/20, 15:24

The graph that you present is not that of the United States, but of the world, at least it seems to me?
0 x
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by realistic ecology » 23/02/20, 16:06

sicetaitsimple wrote:The graph that you present is not that of the United States, but of the world, at least it seems to me?

Will he answer, in his flowery language?
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/02/20, 20:02

sicetaitsimple wrote:The graph that you present is not that of the United States, but of the world, at least it seems to me?

Indeed, we all live on the same planet.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 23/05/20, 11:44

Africa's largest private funding to be released in June for Mozambique LNG

Agence Ecofin May 21, 2020

According to sources close to the consortium linked to the Mozambique LNG project, the financing institutions engaged alongside the companies will release 15 billion dollars next month, for its realization. Supported by around 20 banks, including the Rand Merchant Bank, Standard Bank and Société Générale bank, it will be the largest private investment in Africa.

As a reminder, a total envelope of $ 23 billion is required to develop this liquefaction plant which will have a production capacity of 12,9 million tonnes of LNG per year. It is especially the second most important gas project in the world, to start in 2020 after Arctic LNG-2 in Russia. Work will start in the next month.

The announcement comes at a time when companies in the sector are trying to cut costs because the coronavirus is slowing down demand for energy, which is putting downward pressure on prices.

The final investment decision on Mozambique LNG was taken in June 2019, during a ceremony sponsored by Mozambican President Filipe Nyusi. Total will operate site development for production start in 2024.

https://www.agenceecofin.com/gaz-nature ... mbique-lng
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 26/06/20, 00:05

Sonatrach and Total renew their partnership in liquefied natural gas

AFP published on June 25, 2020

Algerian hydrocarbon groups Sonatrach and French Total have renewed their partnership in liquefied natural gas (LNG), they announced on Thursday in separate press releases.

"This agreement makes it possible in particular to extend for an additional 3 years the supply of the French market with Algerian LNG," Total emphasizes.

Deliveries, amounting to 2 million tonnes per year, will be made "as a priority" at the Fos Cavaou LNG terminal (Bouches-du-Rhône), adds the French group. "The quality of the relations between the two historical partners made it possible to conclude this agreement in an extremely volatile market context," commented the Algerian public group, referring to the drop in prices caused by the Covid-19 health crisis.

"It paves the way for the deepening of the partnership relationship between Sonatrach and Total in various fields in the mutual interest of both parties," he concludes.

Algeria was in 2018 the fourth supplier of natural gas to France with a share of 7%, behind Norway, Russia and the Netherlands, according to figures from the French administration.

https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... gnl-200625
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 07/07/20, 21:05

In the BP report 2020 we see a global consumption of Gas 2019 of around 3900 billion m3 of Gas

Natural gas consumption
Global natural gas consumption growth averaged 2% in 2019, below its 10-year average and down sharply from the exceptional growth seen in 2018 (5.3%). In volume terms, demand grew by 78 billion cubic meters (bcm), led by the US (27 bcm) and China (24 bcm).

The growth in US and Chinese gas consumption was much slower than in 2018, as the boost from weather effects and policy driven coal-to-gas switching in China faded. A reduction in the number of unusually hot and cold days also contributed to a fall in Russia's gas consumption (10 bcm) - the largest decline of any country last year.

source: https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/ ... l-gas.html
0 x