Shale gas in Quebec and documentary Gasland

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/07/13, 09:00

hamed hello
I do not believe that "the contradiction of human nature" is to be called into question.
Living in society, we all depend on each other and this, in an increasing way, with the increasing specialization. It is therefore impossible to leave the "system", it is in this sense that it is totalitarian, since it also forces those who do not adhere to it.

Yes and no at the same time! Those who cannot stand the heat are not "forced" to live in a hot country, nor those who cannot stand the cold to live in an icy country. Except that culture, habits, family or professional ties "compel" it, this is what I call human contradictions. So "pushed to", I don't mind; but "obliged to" is less credible or we fall again into self-justification. However, despite all its drawbacks "WE" are rather satisfied to live in this type of society which "puts butter in our spinach" when we could be without butter or spinach (except that some have more butter and spinach than others and that the distribution is not ideal).
There is a fundamental difference between an arbitrary ideological consensus (therefore susceptible of variations), as reported in the NT,

Again disagree! Without an ideal (more or less attainable) and without awareness, societies do not “evolve” towards a better being. Ecology is an example since it is placed in a kind of prophecy on a future which will depend on the attitude adopted by each and consequently by all (perhaps! It is: you will be measured with the measure you used "). It is therefore far from an ideological consensus arbitrary except when it remains only on the ideological level and does not translate into concrete actions. And the NT is far from being situated on an abstract ideological level, it is even the reverse.
If I take a concrete example of my experience, I am VG (it's starting to be known on this site). Despite all the advantages: economic, health, ecology, ethics that this represents, few adhere to it when nothing and no one obliges, does not compel, individuals to this game of animal massacre generating millions of sufferings, diseases and deaths animal and human. It is therefore well linked to the mind, to awareness, much more than to the type of society in itself since more and more young and less young people reject this social pressure (even if they remain very conformist on other points).
and an economic and social mechanism as we know it.

It is to suppose that our time is an exception in History, which hardly corresponds to this one where societies have adopted similar attitudes but with means different : " Nothing new under the sun Said Solomon. The forms change, the background remains the same, this background being human nature.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/07/13, 14:12

Janic, you write:
Those who cannot stand the heat are not "forced" to live in a hot country, nor those who cannot stand the cold to live in an icy country.

Those you are talking about can get away from this type of constraint only if they are already outside the direct economic constraint.
This is what this riddle illustrates: "What is the difference between a poor Arab and a rich Arab? A poor Arab is an Arab, while a rich Arab is a rich!"

Further:
It is to suppose that our time is an exception in History ...

All eras have shown rigidities that served as a framework for social cohesion, the one that succeeded them for barely three hundred years worked to eliminate old constraints to better impose only one: the economic.

Within this global context, it is possible to manifest individual choices, such as veganism, but impossible to escape from generalized commodification.
If we add to this that the consequence is the destruction of nature, then it is clear that this period constitutes indeed an exception, a radical novelty (although many features of human "nature" (?) Continue to exist. 'Express).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."